Author Topic: Bill Kristol: ‘Lazy, Spoiled’ White Working Class Should Be Replaced by Immigran  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I do love how the Trump phenomenon has unmasked so many of these enemies masquerading as conservatives.

A wide-ranging conversation with Charles Murray took an awkward turn Tuesday night when Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol shared his view that white, working-class Americans should be replaced by immigrants.

The conversation took place at an American Enterprise Institute event called “It Came Apart: What’s Next for a Fractured Culture,” at which the pundits discussed how Donald Trump’s rise relates to the white working class’s record low levels of labor-force participation, religiosity, and family formation, which Dr. Murray described in his 2012 book Coming Apart: The State of White America.

At one point, Dr. Murray explained how, though he never warmed to Donald Trump, the 2016 election did lead him to adopt a restrictionist position on low-skilled immigration. Dr. Kristol replied that he’d “actually sort of gone the opposite way on immigration.” He explained:

Look, to be totally honest, if things are so bad as you say with the white working class, don’t you want to get new Americans in? Seriously, you can make the case—this is going on too long and this is too crazy, probably, and I hope this thing isn’t being videotaped or ever shown anywhere. Whatever tiny, pathetic future I have is going to totally collapse.

Thankfully, the Republican Party is now being unmoored from the Chamber of Commerce and is finally thinking in terms beyond mere economic utilitarianism.

https://www.amren.com/news/2017/02/bill-kristol-lazy-spoiled-white-working-class-replaced-immigrants/
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Bill Kristol, you corpulent pig.  Look at him, his gut pushing out his shirt.  Sickening that he seeks the side of the "immigrant" over his fellow Americans.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

Another one that if encountered laying wounded on the sidewalk...we'd keep steppin'!

Sure, some like me might also mutter something like "...good luck finding that skilled illegal to mend your sorry ass!"...  ::vafancoul::

This pendjeo is probably all for this dreck too!

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-08/prominent-republicans-begin-push-to-tax-carbon-cut-regulations
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:42:56 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Bill Kristol, you corpulent pig.  Look at him, his gut pushing out his shirt.  Sickening that he seeks the side of the "immigrant" over his fellow Americans.

Hmmm, I knew there was a reason why I stopped paying any attention to Krystol.

Offline richb

• Established Member
He is a war monger too.   

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
One of the last things I read on Powerline was Scott "Little Green Powerlines" Johnson beta whining that he was instantly banning anyone who used his column about Bill Kristol to say anything bad about Bill Kristol.

I'll always associate Powerline's freakout with Bill Kristol.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
It's hard to tell where lil' Scottie's face ends and where Willie's ass begins!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
From the article, Kristol goes on to say:

"You can make a case that America has been great because every—I think John Adams said this—basically if you’re a free society, a capitalist society, after two or three generations of hard work everyone becomes kind of decadent, lazy, spoiled—whatever. Then, luckily, you have these waves of people coming in from Italy, Ireland, Russia, and now Mexico, who really want to work hard and really want to succeed and really want their kids to live better lives than them and aren’t sort of clipping coupons or hoping that they can hang on and meanwhile grew up as spoiled kids and so forth. In that respect, I don’t know how this moment is that different from the early 20th century."

Well Bill, here's the thing about those "two or three generations of hard work" -- those people were doing hard work not just for themselves, but for their posterity.  For their children, their children's children, their children's children's children, and so on.  They weren't toiling away in obeisance to some notion of free market theory, they were doing it to improve their own lives and even more so to give their own flesh and blood something better than they themselves had.

If people had no reason to believe they were working to build something for their own families, then a lot of the motivation to do that hard work flies out the window.  So he lauds the hardworking immigrant.  Well try telling those hardworking immigrants "thanks for all you are doing, but I hope you know in a generation or two we're going to undermine your grandchildren in their own attempts to raise a prosperous family."  People work and sacrifice to build societies for themselves and their families, not for some hypothetical future migrants from who-knows-where.  That is what is either disingenuous or short sighted in these "Commerce Über Alles" types -- the very things they praise "hardworking immigrants" for would disappear if people had no expectation that their labors are for some meaningful purpose.  And that is exactly the position working class whites ended up in: demoralized and undermined, with no expectation that sacrifice and effort would go toward the benefit of their own families and countrymen.  And these Bill Kristol types have the gall to ridicule them and openly hope for their replacement by some more worthy group (i.e. the latest flavor of the month of indentured servants).

It's not just the Left.  There's a whole lot of people on the nominal Right who also have a huge blind spot when it comes to the dissatisfaction fueling the Trump phenomenon.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
How did "lazy, spoiled" get into the same sentence as "working class"?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
The Progs and gutless AINO's like Willie here helped make whole generations, some white middle class included, lazy and stupid on purpose so they could be more easily ruled...and then Willie gets her panties in a twist because that effort was successful and those having had enough of it elected someone of a like mind and he cannot understand it...that's how.