Author Topic: Dumb A** Republicans letting Obamacare stand  (Read 1393 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Dumb A** Republicans letting Obamacare stand
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:01:08 PM »
Instead of just repealing Obamacare, and replacing it with nothing,   they want their own version.   So we end up with,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the original Obamacare.

Have to say it.   Republicans are just a big government type just like Democrats.   Politics will destroy this country.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Dumb A** Republicans letting Obamacare stand
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 05:33:21 PM »
It would have been worse turning Obamacare into Trumpcare, with the same death spiral in place.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 05:49:14 PM »
I didn't support this turd either,  but they just aren't getting it.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 05:50:51 PM »
It's for the best that this failed.  The system would still be unbearable to people, only they'd be calling it TrumpCare instead of ObamaCare.

Since the Tea Party movement of 2010 "Repeal!" was the battle cry.  From where did this "...and replace" bullsh*t originate?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 06:13:24 PM »
Career Republican politicians.     That's who.      This thinking that government is the answer to everything infects so many.    Too many Republicans think they can run big government better then the Democrats,  they think that's what the republican brand is.    Maybe that's what it is now.   (Republicans, we are somewhat less incompetent about burning up your wealth,  enjoy that bone). 

Just because repeal is going to cause people problems is NO excuse to not repeal.   NOBODY gave a sh*t about the problems Obamacare caused coming in,  why do they care now about it going out?   

There is going to be disruptions.    Yes, it sucks,  but we been in this state for almost a decade already.   Republicans need to develop thick skin and not let the lamestream press and Democrats create the narrative. 

Its funny how glorious Obamacare all of a sudden became.   If anything its unified Democrats (many that once spoke of it's many ills) to defend it.   

Government running "healthcare" is no solution.   Places like most of Europe have had it for a half century.   Its still sucks,  and it will never get better.   Why is that so hard to understand? 

I guess we have to resign to the fact that Obamacare is here to stay forever.   Because Republicans aren't committed to turning the ship around. 

Someday there will be a president that will make Trump look like a boy scout.   People are going to regret that we didn't change when we had the chance.    I guess we deserve the disaster that awaits.   It's going to be bad,  at some point people will have to take it in their own hands.   Its going to be a bloody mess.    It comes clearer and clearer why Trump won,  people are getting to the end. 

In four years when Trump doesn't get reelected (because Obamacare continues to drag down the economy)  the first day in office the new Democrat president will revoke Donald's executive orders turning off most of Obamacare worst features.  Democrats have no problem with the individual mandate and the heavy taxes that government "healthcare" requires.   Their voters don't pay taxes.   

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 06:25:50 PM »

I guess we have to resign to the fact that Obamacare is here to stay forever. 

No, just till it fails,and then the F'ing Democrats won't get to blame the "evil right wing" - Nope. This baby belongs to them  -  who didn't read it before passing it, in the dead of night, using an unconstitutional process.

This Ryan Care was a sh*t sandwich which would have served no purpose but to make it fail faster and giving the Democrats someone to blame. . Trump should propose his own plan (legal across  State lines etc)  and try again next year.. wen the Pubbies feel their elections coming up.

And if it doesn't fail till after the Dems are back in office, and they try to so single payer. well, I suspect that will be the last straw for a lot of people and  we may finally see the government repair kits brought out.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:59:02 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 01:55:19 PM »
It's for the best that this failed.  The system would still be unbearable to people, only they'd be calling it TrumpCare instead of ObamaCare.

Since the Tea Party movement of 2010 "Repeal!" was the battle cry.  From where did this "...and replace" bullsh*t originate?

::thumbsup::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 05:21:05 PM »

I listened to some of the Freedom Caucus members tick off what this bill didn't do:  didn't end the regulations to make it possible for premiums to come down, didn't erase the individual-must-buy mandate, didn't do away with the pre-existing conditions mandate, didn't, didn't, didn't.  What it did do was leave people's kids on their parents insurance until age twenty-six and increase the incidences of checks mailed to "poor" folks under the auspice of Earned Insurance Tax Credits for them to pay the insurance premiums they'd done nothing to ratchet down.

Further, a lot of what they were being told they couldn't do with this bill in reconciliation was "ruled out by the Senate Parliamentarian", an unelected position, and they were told this by the House 'Leaders'.  One of the items was they "couldn't" rule out is illegal aliens receiving the insurance tax credit subsidies.

Come to find out the Parliamentarian was not consulted on this stuff, so THEY LIED.

Yes, best this eGOP bill die because it was a segue to Obamacare Lite and nothing more.  Having "the Secretary (of HHS) shall" make other changes would have left the door open for the next Democrat Regime to sashay on through and reinstate all the bullspit.

I don't know which of 'em I hate more, the eGOP leadership or the freakin' Left.  Meh, at this point, it looks like there is no difference.  They all love 'em some big gummint.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 08:27:01 PM »
Sorry,  I had to vent,  am very frustrated with this whole situation.  Economically the last decade has been hellish for me and there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel,  and its likely there isn't one.   It's hard to plan a new business when you have a huge unwanted, unneeded expense hanging over it that could sink it and bankrupt me again.    I knew this bill was a piece of crap and I didn't want it.   

I am so tired of doing over and over again,  knowing it will be a failure.   Why do they insist on doing it?

The reality of the situation is:  its far easier to put something in place,  then it is to get rid of something.  Congress is built to pass things,  not built to undo and repeal things by prior Congresses.     Unfortunately, in this day and age we need far more things repealed,  and nothing new passed.   

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 09:23:49 PM »
No need to be sorry; that's a big reason why we're here.

Things will get better, I truly believe it, one way or t'other.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 10:54:52 AM »
Just allow obamacare die its own death. I hate it will die with the establishment pubbies trying to claim it, but it will die and we will have to endure the media's glee in calling this a huge loss for pubbies. I know it's a win. Too bad pubbies don't understand it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 12:29:59 PM »
It is for the best that this failed, it will die on its own, Trump negated the mandate and insurers will disappear even more rapidly now.  There should never had been a "replace" option even discussed let alone on the table...that cowardice is all on the Pubbies and especially Ryan...there was only appeal for repeal in the caucus, this replace BS was their typically naive attempt to satiate their "fixer" mentality, these people have always been squeamish about getting rid of anything, they've bought the mantra spewed by the Left forever that "being seen doing something is always better than doing nothing" even if the something is stuffing a sh*t-sandwich down American's throats.

But I don't want to see a good opportunity go to waste...while I disagree that not passing this abomination in itself is grounds for calling for Speaker Ryan to step down...but it is a certainty that with the same old leadership in place nothing necessary will be championed.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-26/trump-endorses-fox-news-host-call-paul-ryan-resign

Not that replacing Ryan will give us more conservative leadership...likely the E-GOP will just elevate the next useless feckless figurehead to reign over the dying carcass...but WTF, I'm bored already!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.