Author Topic: Obama gets image enhancement... from Jeb Bush  (Read 1767 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Obama gets image enhancement... from Jeb Bush
« on: March 07, 2011, 12:24:59 PM »
  ::facepalm:: ::angry:: ::gaah::

Why must genteel Republicans... exist on the same plane as ordinary human beings? Why allow yourself to be used in this way JEB unless you are in agreement with Obama's agenda?

From urbanskishow.com...

Obama gets image enhancement... from Jeb Bush

Sleeping with the enemy. Or at least standing next to him.

From NYT: [blockquote]President Obama, road-testing his new message of bipartisan cooperation here on Friday, promoted his education agenda with Jeb Bush, the former Republican governor, and then used his first stump speech of the 2012 season to call on Democrats to "find common ground."

Florida will be a critical state for Mr. Obama in 2012, and Mr. Obama used his visit here to continue his effort to reposition himself toward the political center. But while he has tried to remain above the political fray in Washington, employing the classic Rose Garden strategy here in Florida seemed a bit trickier.

His appearance with Mr. Bush seemed awkward at best. And his strikingly nonpartisan campaign speech, at back-to-back fund-raisers for Senator Bill Nelson of Florida, and other Democrats, left some in his party a bit puzzled.[/blockquote]

More @ NYT...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Obama gets image enhancement... from Jeb Bush
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 12:35:34 PM »
Who believes Duh Wun's image has been "enhanced" by Jeb Bush?  Bush damaged his own "image"; the nope side of his Republican nominee-ledger just keeps getting longer and longer, IMO.  He's just another Ruling Class-er.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 01:11:46 PM »
Ok.....Does obama believe he received an image enhancement from Jeb or does Jeb believe it?

My opinion is both took an image hit.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 01:15:44 PM »
I know what you guys are saying, and I don't disagree. But the fact remains that Jeb Bush was a politically successful Republican governor - very well-liked in Florida - and is the brother of a former Republican president, as well as the son of a former Republican president.

That resume might not mean squat to us, but to the casual observer in the general electorate, he's assisting Obama to appear like a bi-partisan moderate.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 01:35:55 PM »
Which calls into question motive. Why would any Republican be interested in doing anything that help Obama? It used to be that you could plausibly say it's a case of putting the country first, but with this President it should be obvious that anything that helps him hurts the country.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
Which calls into question motive. Why would any Republican be interested in doing anything that help Obama? It used to be that you could plausibly say it's a case of putting the country first, but with this President it should be obvious that anything that helps him hurts the country.

New World Order?

::foilhathelicopter::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 01:45:53 PM »
Old world stupid!

Retarded, completely retarded.  Why would anyone bother doing anything that would lend the least amount of credibility to such a discredited President?

Something stinks.

Usually when something stinks, something needs to be thrown out, and liberal use of disinfectant used to cleans the entire area!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 01:55:12 PM »

The rot starts at the head.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 02:02:07 PM »
The Bush family destroyed the momentum of the Reagan Revolution. They set back the conservative cause by at least 20 years. Look at the opportunity Bush the Elder had. He was elected because people wanted a continuation of Reagan policies, but he had to go and try to fix something that wasn't broken with all that "kindler, gentler" nonsense.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly