Author Topic: Rockefeller sez .....  (Read 961 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Rockefeller sez .....
« on: April 01, 2011, 02:12:32 PM »
The battle over an amendment to essentially strip the EPA of regulatory authority it arrogated to itself over the last two years ...

... deepened today when Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) blasted Republicans for abandoning his temporary measure.  Speaking from the Senate floor, Rockefeller angrily called the McConnell-Inhofe bill “theological,” “immature,” and warned that it had no chance of passage at all. 

... if we want to talk about immature hyperbole, calling the McConnell-Inhofe amendment “theological” just dumps a lot of irony on Rockefeller’s head.  The environmental movement has become a belief system unto itself, where claims of “consensus” lead to charges of heresy and apostasy when people challenge the assumptions inherent in anthropogenic global-warming claims.  The McConnell-Inhofe amendment seeks to get the EPA out of the theology business and back under Congressional control, where it belonged all along.

Not extremist?  Theological?

My outrage meter's busted, so I've swung into ho-hum, SSDD, mode.  I'm too tired to fight.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Rockefeller sez .....
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 02:32:18 PM »
Guess ole Rocky doesn't remember this:

Pelosi: GOP cuts will interfere with government’s “biblical power to cure”.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:49:12 PM »
  What did he think that God doesn't exist in D.C.? Communist!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 03:03:02 PM »
No reasoning possible.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 03:09:52 PM »
How much longer are we going to have to endure this imperious air from our "servants"?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 03:10:36 PM »
And congrats to West Virginia. I hope their entire coal industry is killed.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly