Author Topic: GOP enlists help of MSM  (Read 361 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
GOP enlists help of MSM
« on: November 01, 2013, 02:25:16 PM »
WASHINGTON (AP) — Virtually unknown outside Washington, a coalition of hardline conservative groups is fighting to seize control of the Republican agenda.

Tea party allies like the Club for Growth, FreedomWorks and Heritage Action for America showed their might by insisting that the GOP embrace the government shutdown that hurt the nation's economy and the party's reputation.

Now emboldened, these groups are warning that their aggressive agenda-pushing tactics aren't over — and they're threatening retribution against Republicans who stand in their way.

"They refuse to learn," Chris Chocola, a former Indiana congressman who leads the Club for Growth, says of lawmakers who buck the will of right-leaning groups. He predicts that his group will support primary challengers to more than a dozen Republican incumbents seeking re-election next fall.

Mainstream GOP groups — such as Karl Rove's American Crossroads or the party's formal campaign committees — question their more conservative counterparts' role, fed up by their outsized influence in shaping the party's current agenda.

It's ok if Rove influences the party.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: GOP enlists help of MSM
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 03:06:52 PM »
I think their big miscalculation is in assuming that their "Hey, at least our Sh*t Sandwich has decorative toothpick in it" scare tactics are still going to work. They aren't. If ceding the immediate victories to the Democrats is what it takes to destroy this fake opposition party, then so be it. I mean what does it really matter at this point anyway?

Obama would not be president right now if Romney had gotten even the same turnout that McCain got in 2008. A lot of disgusted people sat 2012 out. I was surprised by that honestly. I thought people wanted Obama out so bad that they'd hold their noses one more time and swallow the E-GOP's gruel once more. But the GOP still have learned nothing from that, have they? The only answer they ever have is that it's somehow the conservatives who are costing them politically. It's never the fact that unprincipled finger-in-the-wind "moderates" inspire nothing but contempt in people who actually care about what's happening.

That whole lesser of two evils, one marginally better than the other argument isn't going to work anymore. Not for me it isn't. Far too much of the disaster this country is becoming has their signature on it right next to the Democrats'.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly