Author Topic: Mike C. of Grouchy Conservative Pundits passed last night  (Read 1318 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Mike C. of Grouchy Conservative Pundits passed last night
« on: December 22, 2014, 08:49:51 PM »
Good man.  Fair man.  I know most of you don't know him, but a few of us had dealings, and run-ins, with them and him, and it mostly ended poorly.

Even so, I respected and liked him and he was 64 and too young, and enjoyed everything Christmas even though he wasn't a believer; one of the few who understood the difference between atheist and anti-theist.

RIP, Michael Emmet Conefrey.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Mike C. of Grouchy Conservative Pundits passed last night
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 06:05:04 AM »
 :'(

He was the one person I truly missed from the "other" place.

RIP

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 06:36:19 AM »
Sorry to hear, IIRC he goes back to the old PLF days.  May he find peace.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 08:45:44 AM »
  Sad sad thing to have happen way too young. And he does date back to Power line where a lot of us met.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 09:13:58 AM »
RIP Mike C. You were always one with whom I regretted being unable to bridge the communication gap when things turned sour on other forums. Given what I always perceived as your basic common sense, I always felt perplexed that things lined up the way they did where you were concerned.

None of that matters now. Rest well.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 09:52:36 PM »
RIP Mike C. You were always one with whom I regretted being unable to bridge the communication gap when things turned sour on other forums. Given what I always perceived as your basic common sense, I always felt perplexed that things lined up the way they did where you were concerned.

None of that matters now. Rest well.

Likewise. I never had any problem with Mike C until we got crossways over evon. He curtly told me to STFU and take it or leave it. I left it behind.

Life is too short. Prayers to his family.