Author Topic: New Speaker Vote Nixed, Rescheduled and Done as of 10-29-15  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
New Speaker Vote Nixed, Rescheduled and Done as of 10-29-15
« on: October 08, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/08/mccarthy-withdraws/

McCarthy, certain to be anointed by fellow eGOP stooges and forced upon rebellious Conservatives....drops out!

It appears the Conservatives (finally) have said they'd rather see a Democrat elected by the Chamber than to turn control over to another eGOP stooge...let's hope that resolve holds!!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:59:25 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: New Speaker Vote Nixed
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 05:16:47 PM »
  He did it for the good of the party!!!! ::hysterical:: ::mooning::

He didn't have the votes and that's the truth.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 05:38:26 PM »
No, he didn't have the votes.  And Boehner's now saying he's not going anywhere until there's a new speaker, but he's the asshat that cancelled the election ....... on 10/29.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 07:23:02 PM »
McCarthy pulls out!

Renee Elmers frustrated

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 09:13:05 PM »
Great headline, AP!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 09:29:16 PM »
:)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 10:43:48 PM »
Since the eGOP's heir apparent didn't pan out, now they're trying to assemble a "bipartisan coalition."  This party has to be ended one way or another.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 11:03:34 PM »
I've said for some time that in order to pass anything out of the House we need to assemble a bipartisan coalition whether it's on the continuing resolution, the debt ceiling, we will have to assemble a bipartisan coalition. That's the reality of this place and I don't think that any of our leaders should make accommodations to those who are going to make unreasonable demands...

Yeah, well, the Ds did that with about ten -- a dozen -- traitor Rs.  And now we're here.

This guy makes me sick.  "Unreasonable demands" is how he characterizes the push to box in Obongo.  He's part of the problem.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 06:57:41 AM »
I've said for some time that in order to pass anything out of the House we need to assemble a bipartisan coalition whether it's on the continuing resolution, the debt ceiling, we will have to assemble a bipartisan coalition. That's the reality of this place and I don't think that any of our leaders should make accommodations to those who are going to make unreasonable demands...

Yeah, well, the Ds did that with about ten -- a dozen -- traitor Rs.  And now we're here.

This guy makes me sick.  "Unreasonable demands" is how he characterizes the push to box in Obongo.  He's part of the problem.
In small part, the American voter is the biggest part. If only they weren't so effing stupid, a republic we could be.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 07:03:33 AM »
Man, are these people clowns...and this soap opera just keeps churning...

And I don't know if this story about Obama's DHS sticking their business into House business is true or not, personally I would not find it the least bit surprising...sh*t is as sh*t does...but pretty stupid to meddle when the eGOP is doing all it can to pork itself...but Progs are too stupid not to do something.

And if McCarthy was playing doctor with Renee they are denying it, but either way McCarthy maybe took this warnig to heart, but I doubt he's the only eGOP stooge with a closet full of skeletons. 

And the list of Wanna/don'tWanna Be's isn't leading anywhere anytime soon, and I even hear bullchatter about Mr gNewt, so...

Expect this freak show to end anytime soon.

Since it isn't required to choose a sitting member, I nominate myself...man, would I have a field day with these tools!   ::evil::

But since I have no traction with this crowd, how about somebody a lot of folks could get behind and could drive Obama and duh me-dee-uhh absolutely bonkers?

::hysterical::

Or maybe...

Or...

No, I got it!

Oh yeah...that would be something, eh?!

::cool::   ::whoohoo::   ::bustamove::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 08:58:53 AM »
Guess who my Congresswhore is? Yeah baby. Nurse Ellmers.

Hears the deal: give me one good reason why Rep. Kevin McNuggets brought his wife to the GOP caucus befor the speaker vote if he wasn't trying to "create a false image."
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 10:42:11 AM »
Guess who my Congresswhore is? Yeah baby. Nurse Ellmers.

Hears the deal: give me one good reason why Rep. Kevin McNuggets brought his wife to the GOP caucus befor the speaker vote if he wasn't trying to "create a false image."

::thinking::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 11:38:29 AM »
No, he didn't have the votes.  And Boehner's now saying he's not going anywhere until there's a new speaker, but he's the asshat that cancelled the election ....... on 10/29.

He cancelled it because it got away from his dumb ass. The only card he had to play was the dictators card and stop the train and look for help.   God forbid that conservatives get their hands on key chairmanships in the House.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 03:03:31 PM »
Not only are they treacherous, but they're incompetent as well.  Boehner is the classic example of someone who couldn't get out of a wet paper bag.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 04:45:33 PM »
The eGOP can screw up a sunny day...they've proven it time and again...

Why anybody cedes them a minutia of trust is sign enough to me they are mentally impaired.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 06:57:48 AM »
The eGOP can screw up a sunny day...they've proven it time and again...

Why anybody cedes them a minutia of trust is sign enough to me they are mentally impaired.
Agreed! ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 07:25:22 AM »
The magnanimous and saintly Paul Ryan will reconsider being Speaker...if there is ZERO opposition.

Even the moron writing this piece sees that as highly unlikely.

The eGOP is dying...but it is too stupid to know it.

The soap opera is not close to being over...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 08:53:35 AM »
The magnanimous and saintly Paul Ryan will reconsider being Speaker...if there is ZERO opposition.

Even the moron writing this piece sees that as highly unlikely.

The eGOP is dying...but it is too stupid to know it.

The soap opera is not close to being over...

The Prog genes have invaded.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 07:53:38 AM »
Ryan: Unconditional support by Friday or forget it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ryan-nears-decision-on-speakers-race-as-congress-returns/2015/10/20/b0e4998c-7687-11e5-bc80-9091021aeb69_story.html

Forget it.  Boehner/Ryan...WTF's the difference?

::mooning::

ETA - Ryan also wants the rules changed so that no Representative can make a "motion to vacate the chair" ever again, which would be stupid to agree to.  But since the House is authorized by the Constitution to establish their own rules for order, if the matter were taken up by the rules Committee and voted to the full House for a vote, they could do that, but that vote would have to come before any Speaker vote took place...so Powerful Speaker in Waiting Ryan would know if his demands were met or not before the Speaker vote came up.  And yes, people are correct in saying this would overturn rules originally established by Thomas Jefferson, Jefferson as First VP and President of the Senate created his Parliamentary Manual for the Senate and much of it was largely adopted by the House a few decades later, and yes the Constitution allows each Congress to establish their own rules which are not bound upon subsequent Congresses, but doing so insults tradition and decorum, it is a classless move to throw material rules aside for nothing more than rank selfish reasons.  Much like it showed what a douche FDR was to piss on Washington's noble example and serve more than 2 terms as President.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:53:53 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 07:33:38 AM »
WTF is this?!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/supermajority-of-house-freedom-caucus-to-back-paul-ryans-speaker-bid/2015/10/21/d7411964-781e-11e5-a958-d889faf561dc_story.html

Did the Freedom Caucus just fold or is the eGOP spiking the football before reaching the end zone in a wag-the-dog kind of way?!

I see NOTHING about dropping plans to nix the "vacate the chair" demand, NOTHING about leadership treating positions/committee chairs as vassals to be dismissed if they stray from leadership dictates and NOTHING about what leadership plans to do with its power regarding Appropriations (Budget and Debt Ceiling!), Illegals, Emperor Obama's unilateral dictates...NOTHING!!!

And if that isn't enough, throw in some DemonRat endorsements of Ryan, how do you like it now?

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!  What does it take for people to learn this farce has to end?!?!?!

::gaah::   ::cussing::   ::asskicking::