Author Topic: The O'Bama Depression Thread  (Read 73829 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: The O'Bama Depression Thread
« Reply #500 on: November 13, 2013, 11:10:09 AM »
We should be doing everything that's in our power to promote the collapse. If we ever want a system rest, a collapse is the only way toward that goal. If we continue the path of slow collapse, the elites will continue to bleed everything in sight dry until they own everything(a central bank goal) and everyone else is just a slave/serf.

The controlled demise will allow the elites to outlaw guns and in general self defense until we haven't any rights whatsoever. Crash it now and we still have a shot at serving justice to the thieves in the elitist cast(most of them). Crash it now and we can rebuild rather quickly as many war torn countries did after the two world wars. Granted, we won't have a big brother(USA) to help us out but we still have huge wealth in natural resources, a semblance of what's needed to do and a small swath of the population willing to fight towards that goal.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #501 on: November 13, 2013, 11:45:38 AM »
Yeah.  Might be the better of the crappy choices, but neither precludes the chances of foreign intrigue by one or more entities...hard enough surviving and defeating your internal foes...the added complication of foreign interlopers is what kinda freaks me out...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #502 on: November 13, 2013, 12:14:29 PM »
Yeah.  Might be the better of the crappy choices, but neither precludes the chances of foreign intrigue by one or more entities...hard enough surviving and defeating your internal foes...the added complication of foreign interlopers is what kinda freaks me out...
I don't know about that except that Russia survived and 15 years later is respected amongst nations of the world. We still have a military and most will take it upon themselves to keep us safe as their sacred oath and honor. Always be very respectful of a wounded animal which can cause irreparable harm. We still have much in the nuclear deterrent and I'm thankful we have them.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #503 on: November 14, 2013, 07:24:28 AM »
I don't know about that except that Russia survived and 15 years later is respected amongst nations of the world. We still have a military and most will take it upon themselves to keep us safe as their sacred oath and honor. Always be very respectful of a wounded animal which can cause irreparable harm. We still have much in the nuclear deterrent and I'm thankful we have them.

Who has them?  Er, who would have them?

::speechless::

And nobody invaded Russia when they collapsed...well not entirely true, vultures descended, but no nation invaded, not sure we'd be as lucky...

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #504 on: November 14, 2013, 11:06:31 AM »

And nobody invaded Russia when they collapsed...well not entirely true, vultures descended, but no nation invaded, not sure we'd be as lucky...
Why? We have the same amount of deadbeats, we have the same amount of haters of the country that they did and we have a history of repelling invaders just like they did. Besides, we have loads of guns in the right hands. Just need a leader that cares for the country and Liberty she once embraced to set he upon the path towards the goal. All the dead liberals will just be an inconvenience.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #505 on: November 14, 2013, 12:24:37 PM »

Why? We have the same amount of deadbeats, we have the same amount of haters of the country that they did and we have a history of repelling invaders just like they did. Besides, we have loads of guns in the right hands. Just need a leader that cares for the country and Liberty she once embraced to set he upon the path towards the goal. All the dead liberals will just be an inconvenience.

Yeah, but (especially due to libiots and their enablers) the world has been taught that we are Public Enemy #1...so the glee in looting America is going to be hard for some to avoid acting on...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #506 on: November 14, 2013, 12:29:46 PM »
Some little while ago, in the middle of yet another debate about 2A, someone on the local forum remarked that, hopefully, we'll manage to hang onto our guns just long enough for "help from the outside" to reach us.

Talk about a bwahahahah.  I told him he needed to re-think that in light of the fact that, for decades, the Left has been shrieking to the world how awful we are as a country; what the hell makes "you" think any of them would help.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #507 on: November 14, 2013, 12:33:20 PM »
Yup, no help in that quarter, hurt maybe...no help.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #508 on: November 14, 2013, 03:59:23 PM »
And what country would provide "...help from the outside"?
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #509 on: November 14, 2013, 04:49:53 PM »
Hell if I know; I didn't ask.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #510 on: November 14, 2013, 10:18:08 PM »

The correct response is "NOT ONE COUNTRY would help us."

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #511 on: November 15, 2013, 07:24:38 AM »

Some might say it but be otherwise motivated!

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #512 on: November 15, 2013, 08:31:16 AM »

Some might say it but be otherwise motivated!

Similar to, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you," except it'd be "We're from Blitzosh*tostain, and we're here to help you."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #513 on: November 15, 2013, 01:35:55 PM »

We know that.  I wasn't interested enough to ask him what he thought, although I prolly should have, just for hah-hahs.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2014, 02:30:08 AM »
Get ready for the next era in retail—one that will be characterized by far fewer shops and smaller stores.

On Tuesday, Sears said that it will shutter its flagship store in downtown Chicago in April. It's the latest of about 300 store closures in the U.S. that Sears has made since 2010. The news follows announcements earlier this month of multiple store closings from major department stores J.C. Penney and Macy's.

Further signs of cuts in the industry came Wednesday, when Target said that it will eliminate 475 jobs worldwide, including some at its Minnesota headquarters, and not fill 700 empty positions.

Experts said these headlines are only the tip of the iceberg for the industry, which is set to undergo a multiyear period of shuttering stores and trimming square footage.

In addition to J.C. Penney—which announced last week that it will close 33 stores—there are about a dozen retailers that still have too many stores, Sozzi said. Among them: American Eagle, which needs to move some of its aerie lingerie locations into its main stores; Aéropostale, which is on track to close 175 stores over the next few years; and Wal-Mart, which has about 100 stores in the U.S. producing same-store sales declines deeper than 3 percent, Sozzi said.

As for Penney's, Wells Fargo analyst Paul Lejuez said that its store closures are a step in the right direction, but they barely scratch the surface of how many are needed.

"With mall traffic trends very challenging and J.C. Penney facing its own significant company-specific issues, we do not believe a 1,000-plus store fleet is appropriate," Lejuez said in a research note. "In our view, the company needs to close several hundred stores to operate more efficiently, but that is not easy to accomplish overnight."

So, what's almost entirely missing (it gets the briefest of mentions) from this happy tale of supposed corporate restructuring? What would this story be completely fixated on if we only had a white Republican in the WH?

Anyone?

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #515 on: January 23, 2014, 03:25:57 AM »
Job loss/corporate greed.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #516 on: January 23, 2014, 07:25:42 AM »
http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?topic=9508.new#new

Mustn't forget the ObamaCare Effect!  It's a big part of the strategy to destroy and seize total control!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #517 on: January 23, 2014, 10:02:16 AM »
I was thinking of job loss. The corporate greed thingy would be an alleged "cause" of the store closings and firings/layoffs.

The job loss, though, is what the media would always hang around the neck of a Republican administration. It's the same thing they did with troop deaths in Iraq/Afghanistan before we had a divine being ascend to the throne in DC. The media uses numbers like that to hammer their political adversaries on a daily basis.

The number of people who no longer work is becoming, though, too big to ignore. We are in an economic death spiral now and papering over the evidence will soon be impossible. JCP and Sears are only the two biggest and most visible examples of a dying economy. There are hundreds of somewhat smaller companies doing the same thing and thousands of very small companies which are folding and not being replaced with new ventures.

I only hope that if the collapse is as bad as I think it might be that I will be ready for it in time.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #518 on: January 23, 2014, 05:58:16 PM »
Some of the newer retail space built here is based on smaller shops. Anchor tenants are now theaters, auto dealerships, etc, not the big box stores. I think malls are gonna  shrink and be replaced by the regional/ city centers being constructed in my area.

Business  adapts and liberals, who force the adaptation with poor policy, will always be there to blame "big business".
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #519 on: January 24, 2014, 08:36:08 PM »
NEW YORK (AP) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc. said it's eliminating 2,300 workers at its Sam's Club division as it reduces the ranks of middle managers in a bid to be more nimble.

The layoffs, which cut 2 percent of the membership club's U.S. employee count of about 116,000, mark the largest since 2010 when the Sam's Club unit laid off 10,000 workers as it moved to outsource food demonstrations at its stores.

The cuts come as Sam's Club strives to compete better with Costco Wholesale Corp. and online players like Amazon.com's Prime membership service. They also follow layoffs announced by several other major retailers in recent weeks that include Macy's Inc., J.C. Penney and Target Corp.

Bill Durling, a spokesman at Sam's Club, says that a little less than half of the cuts were aimed at salaried assistant managers. The cuts are also eliminating some hourly workers. He says that each of the clubs had roughly the same number of workers regardless of how much revenue each store generated.

"We felt this was the right move to make sure we are positioning ourselves for growing in the future," said Durling in an interview with The Associated Press. "We are trying to rebalance our resources in the field to make sure we are investing in the clubs that have the higher growth potential and balancing resources across the chain."

LINK