Author Topic: WTF happened to Sara Palin  (Read 859 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
WTF happened to Sara Palin
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:48:17 PM »
http://therightscoop.com/sarah-palin-ted-cruz-is-an-establishment-shill/

I'm theorizing that she offered Cruz an endorsement and flat out turned her down probably to keep all those scornful asswipe progtards at bay. In doing so, she felt extremely emotional when she got wind of it and signed on to the Chump er Trump and began in no time to berate everyone opposing the lifetime DemonRat.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: WTF happened to Sara Palin
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:33:04 PM »
Menopause and hormones

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 11:51:55 PM »
I wish I knew. There was a (relatively brief) time I would have crawled over broken glass to defend her. She's changed. I don't know if the real her came out, or if the realities of the hatred she faced changed her.

But it's obvious she's all-in for the populist, and her conservative principles are reduced to lip service. It's to the point now where I cringe when I hear her voice.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 07:23:07 AM »
Populist, outsider...these traits have always been with Palin...the conservative part just came along with the Libertarian wagon...this is who she always has been at heart...a Libertarian who believes in God instead of being hostile to God.  It is just being brought more clearly into focus now.

Such is the hunger for an authentic voice that at one time we all would crawl over broken glass to defend her.

This is just reality in latter day America...it's not going to get any better.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 05:59:03 AM »
Populist, outsider...these traits have always been with Palin...the conservative part just came along with the Libertarian wagon...this is who she always has been at heart...a Libertarian who believes in God instead of being hostile to God.  It is just being brought more clearly into focus now.

Such is the hunger for an authentic voice that at one time we all would crawl over broken glass to defend her.

This is just reality in latter day America...it's not going to get any better.
Is this why she helped Cruz get going? I telly something has been left out.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 08:55:36 AM »
Even here, even now, even among friends I am reluctant to speak ill of Sarah.

I once quipped that Sarah has a voice more suited to print journalism. I wasn't trying to demean her but I was being candid: her public-speaking voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I barely made it out alive.

And I ingested the lesson regarding the phenomena of the cult of personality. The cult of personality exists when individuals are raised above the point of criticism. You do so at the expense of objectivity.

So here goes...

Sarah Palin is a nice person. She has a kind heart and good intentions. I've never seen evidence that she had any special acumen at politics. We were all outraged at her treatment at the hands of kate couric, who is not a nice person, doesn't possess a kind heart, and definitely does not have good intentions. Unfortunately many of us began to lose sight of objectivity in our haste to defend her against the boor. We failed to notice that Sarah wasn't well read, wasn't well versed in many critical areas, and probably most critically, wasn't adept enough to prevail in her sparring matches with the lefty press. We provided cover for her because we liked her.

She gave me reason to vote in 2008. Without her I probably wouldn't have bothered. I didn't suddenly discover that McShame was a boob - I've always clearly seen that he is a loon. I knew that I needed to support the party and my country against Ă˜bomination but it would have been too painful to vote for the jackass without a mitigating circumstance. Sarah was that circumstance and I'm thankful for her participation.

Like you, I've been watching the carnival of the damned, er, campaign as it is unfolding. I've read so many editorials that it's hard to keep them all straight. The central message that I've gotten from all this is that everyone is full of crap. All of them. Point me in the direction of a single urnalist who is even passingly objective and I'll kiss his boots.

We are so far down the rabbit-hole that we've lost the ability to recognize up & down, much less left and right. I am so completely, thoroughly, utterly disgusted with all of the candidates that I'm finding myself decidedly in the don't give a shiite camp. None of them have proven themselves worthy of my vote, much less my support. They're all craven, crass, and tin-eared.

WTF happened to Sarah Palin? Nothing special - she's just like everyone else.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 07:45:05 AM »
Aye, well said. 

I too am fed up.

Probably explains my macabre humor in pulling for SMOD.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 07:52:50 AM »
There's a lot of shark jumping this election, no matter who your candidate is.

There are both pro Trump (Palin, Coulter) and anti Trump (most of the establishment) that are making me sick, right now.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 08:02:44 AM »
Yeah, I can't disagree with that.  We might as well start a thread titled "WTF is wrong with us?"!