Author Topic: The Economy is Going to Implode  (Read 123825 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The Economy is Going to Implode
« Reply #300 on: October 23, 2014, 09:57:42 AM »
Time to stop worrying about our debt - the Fed collected 3 Trillion in revenue last year

You know, because of the economic boom we have been having and all.
They are trying to claim its new taxes...

Its more likely  the Fed funneled printed money to a few cronies, who reported it as Income and then paid an 80% tax rate on it.
Seriously does anyone believe this number? Look we collected $6-800 MILLION more than we usually do - from an economy that grew at best 1%!
See now we had a deficit of "only" 500 MILLION....

Lies and more lies.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #301 on: October 23, 2014, 11:17:15 AM »
What a steaming load of excrement!  But enough of Obama...and the tax hikes he rode in on!   ::mooning::

I don't see any DemonRat campaigning for more tax hikes to achieve fiscal nirvana, and if you look at the real source of all revenue only then will you get the real story...meanwhile, don't drink that poopy water they're offering!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #302 on: October 28, 2014, 07:43:41 PM »
A hysterical bit with Peter Schiff

Why are the markets going up even though the Fed might announce the end of QE? BEcause NO ONE believes QE will really end

Can you "make money" in dollar value by riding this fake market up? Sure.
Will its gains keep pace with the inflation after taxes? Maybe. Maybe not
Its probably a wash.
You have to take it out of the market and spend it the next day, and by the way, don't leave it in the market even an hour too long.  Or spend it now and buy the same stuff you would later at higher prices using your barely preserved wealth.

ITS NOT GROWING people. Real inflation is sitting at 10% at shadow stats according to the 1980s way of calculation it. Its at 6% according to the 90's version of that metric. If you are not getting a return on your stocks 6-10% AFTER taxes on gains,  then you LOST purchasing power.
How hard is this to get. Apparently - very hard.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #303 on: October 29, 2014, 07:20:55 AM »
Yes, this effect I rant into years ago, I forget when...I was killing time by crunching some stuff in a spreadsheet comparing what I thought was real inflation (a destroyer of wealth and purchaing power) with returns in various broad indexes for equities, bonds etc and then exploring the best options as to risk/reward within those categories...to cut to the chase I was horrorfied at what I found, I thought I had made a mistake, I tabled it for a while and came back, after a while I came to the conclusion that wealth creation along the old model is largely dead and since then it has been revealed as a complete fraud, a chimera out of some Neo-Keynesian tragedy.  The best thing you can do with your earnings is preserve them, in whatever it is that has real tangible value.  When fiat ceases to exist for anything but firestarter and TP, when digital transfers have gone dark...what do you have?

It is not to say I do not jump into the chimera now and then to exploit something I think I can take short term advantage of, but all that is good for is the quick conversion to fiat and then into tangible value.  There is nothing without risk, there is nothing without volatility, there is nothing with a return sufficient enough to actually grow what has been put into it at a rate able to overcome the corrosive effects of wealth destruction.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #304 on: November 03, 2014, 08:49:04 AM »
This must be some of that volatility I hear mentioned in backwaters of the internets...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-03/how-fx-algos-saw-overnight-chaos

...just be calm, all is well.

/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #305 on: November 05, 2014, 07:27:28 AM »
Rates cannot rise...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-04/interest-rates-cannot-rise-heres-why

Yup.

Idiot, meet corner, corner, this is the idiot.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #306 on: November 06, 2014, 08:48:29 AM »
Dollar to 7 year High against other crappy fiat currencies

Completely Rigged Market allows stock prices to surge!

QE is Over! The economy is flying under its own power!

Everything is Awesome!

Everything Is AWESOME!!! -- The LEGO® Movie -- Tegan and Sara feat. The Lonely Island

Okay, for the sake of argument, lets say everything is AWESOME..  Did Fed interest rates go up?  No? Still near Zero?
So nothing is being done to "soak up" all of that money they printed and injected into the economy? So if the economy starts growing and the velocity of money goes up.. aren't we going to get double digit inflation even by the government F'd up system of calculating CPI?  The answer is YES.

If we start seeing that, do you think they will allow  interest rates  to rise when the government deficits are still over 1 Trilllion a year?

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. And I betting they pick the route that kicks the can the farthest, and that is more QE ( official or clandestine ("loans" to banks to keep them in the black and commitments by those banks to "invest" their "profits" in the stock market)  and low interests rates.

Doing the opposite means deflation, as interest rates rise to 15% or more ( as they did when Reagan tried to fix Carter's mess) - more unemployment on top of the 20% who are already out of work, and in an environment where Obama care employment taxes are in full effect-  and savers are still screwed because 15% interest still sucks when inflation is really at 13% and your taxes are still high..)  and the government can now no longer spend- with more of its revenue going to interest.. and then they cut entitlement programs (over 2/3 of govt spending)  with the social unrest that causes, or they print even more and take the high interest rate on that debt... which will in a very short time eat up ALL of the official revenues.

Its a whole lot of pain and no political gain, thought I guess they might do it for a couple of years and then blame the Republicans so they can get Shrillary elected. But then , that is assuming there will be a 2016 election, and I am still dubious.

Its game over either way because MATH. They have some choice left in the form of the destoryer, but I am still placing bets on Kick the Can.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »
Yeah, math...

Full speed ahead!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #308 on: November 10, 2014, 07:48:02 AM »
Here we go...

Hussman says market is overvalued 100%, sure, but hey, QE4EVR!  Enjoy inflation eroded everything!

And one of those things that look bad for the utes of 'Merica...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-10/last-nail-millennials-coffin-negative-2-savings-rate

Love the first comment by Pool Shark - "But, with NIRP, now they can earn negative interest on their negative savings.  A double-negative is a positive, right?..."

Cue the "Eveything is Awesome" track!   ::unknowncomic::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #309 on: November 11, 2014, 08:05:03 AM »
What we all know and feel...

H/T - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-10/deflation-vs-inflation

QE4EVR!

Will Obama's stagflation be any better than Carter's?  Probably worse...thing about icebergs is, you only see the tip...99% isn't in view, yet...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #310 on: November 12, 2014, 07:17:08 AM »
Like a good overture...the climax is at the end...

"Speculation, once left to individuals and investors, is now federally sponsored, subsidized and institutionalized.  When this sham finally buckles and the next shoe falls and rates do eventually rise, the stock market will tank, liquidity will die, and the broader economy will plunge into a worse Depression than before. We are not there yet because of these coordinated moves and the political force behind them. But we are on a precarious path to that inevitability."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-11/former-goldman-banker-reveals-path-next-depression-and-stock-market-collapse

Tick/Tock

Want more proof the Equity Market must be supported at all costs?

Thou shalt serve the equities, or perish!!!

Yup, this has a happy ending....

/

Tick/Tock

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #311 on: November 13, 2014, 07:23:47 AM »
If the script is still in play...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-12/392-weeks

SELL!!!

While you can...prepare for "Trading has been halted" messages...even 2008 was too much for the Plunge Protection Team to handle...   ;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #312 on: November 14, 2014, 08:07:01 AM »
Restraunt billionaire Tilman Fertitta sees Real Estate about to crash.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-13/%E2%80%9Cworld%E2%80%99s-richest-restaurateur%E2%80%9D-tilman-fertitta-sees-imminent-crash-americas-crazy-re

Not sure about that $50 oil mark, things would hae to really hit the fan for that kind of a collapse, I don't see that.  But I see a lot of commercial real estate sitting idle even here, and typically we perform better than national averages on most things.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #313 on: November 17, 2014, 07:32:59 AM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-13/%E2%80%9Cworld%E2%80%99s-richest-restaurateur%E2%80%9D-tilman-fertitta-sees-imminent-crash-americas-crazy-re

Not sure about that $50 oil mark, things would hae to really hit the fan for that kind of a collapse, I don't see that.  But I see a lot of commercial real estate sitting idle even here, and typically we perform better than national averages on most things.
With the economy stuttering and people still not able to find meaningful employment, the demand for goods is keeping inventories low not from activity but from little activity. Very few will venture out on a entrepreneurial limb when the govt is waiting in the shadows to pounce on your treatment of wage earners as in healthcare costs, minimal wage standards etc...

::cussing:: <---- what this guy says.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #314 on: November 17, 2014, 07:52:42 AM »

With the economy stuttering and people still not able to find meaningful employment, the demand for goods is keeping inventories low not from activity but from little activity. Very few will venture out on a entrepreneurial limb when the govt is waiting in the shadows to pounce on your treatment of wage earners as in healthcare costs, minimal wage standards etc...

::cussing:: <---- what this guy says.

Yeah, and 2015 is when all the nasty ObamaCare triggers go off, unless they are once more kicked down the road by Her Imperial Monstrosity, fem-man Obama.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #315 on: November 20, 2014, 11:37:54 AM »
I'm shocked, SHOCKED!  To find corny-capitalist/Fedcoat economic conspirators conspiring here!!!

/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-20/latest-scandal-goldman-ny-fed-employees-busted-colluding-illegally-sharing-confident

Don't worry fellas, once we go 100% fascist this will be so much easier for y'all....

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #316 on: December 11, 2014, 07:12:08 AM »
Perhaps a bit overhyped...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-10/why-us-treasury-quietly-ordering-surival-kits-us-bankers

...but then this story on the same day...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-10/deflation-winning-and-central-banks-are-running-scared

...gets me to thinking.  Although the latter article is not entirely correct, there is inflation, in stuff we need to live on for real like food, but this kind of makes it worse I think, in that they counterbalance each other somewhat with deflationary forces slightly ahead, which can only lead the paralyzed Poohbahs into continuing the same reatrded course...much like the Titanic chugging along thinking all is well...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #317 on: December 12, 2014, 07:40:59 AM »
Bail THIS!

Heh.

Everybody get a big Tax Immediately Due bill from your loving pals at the IRS, remember, paying taxes is patriotic and proves you are not mean or racist!

::hysterical::

Good luck with that!

::laughonfloor::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #318 on: December 14, 2014, 01:28:14 PM »
Some of you may remember a few years ago  when I was assuming 3-4% growth as a realistic number
This guy just repeated it with a number like 7% and of course is now getting the same result ( because we are trillions more in debt now than when I did it..)
There is NO WAY this ends well.  All we can argue about is how soon it will happen.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #319 on: December 14, 2014, 02:30:26 PM »
The genesis of all this was the desire by a depraved political class to permanently entrench itself by engineering multi-generation dependency classes with Other People's Money (either other citizens or, more nefarious still, that of generations yet to exist).

Everything they're doing now is to either kick the can further along so that it will blow up in someone else's face, or to lay the groundwork for slinking away scot-free if it does happen to blow up in their faces.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly