Author Topic: I am thankful  (Read 2086 times)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
I am thankful
« on: November 27, 2014, 07:48:09 AM »
God has blessed me abundantly.
Not with monetary riches but He gives me enough to get by.

Loving family to celebrate today.
Good health.
Allowing me to be born here in this land of (still) opportunity and relative freedom.

Most importantly, I am thankful for God's love and grace that he would give a sinful wretch like me an opportunity to be forgiven.

Oh, and I'm thankful for a place like this and the good people here and that you let me participate..

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: I am thankful
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 08:21:13 AM »
God has Blessed me abundantly and for this I am grateful and thankful, not just today but every day.

I only wish I were more worthy and less of a pain in His tukkus.

I give thanks, as well, for everyone here for giving me a place amongst friendlies where I can be my surly self.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 08:25:09 AM »
Survived me another 365 under the brutal narcissist Obama and his henchmen.
Resisted the urge to go postal an everything progtard and I must tell you is wasn't easy.
Like you, we scraped by and still did things right and right by others.
Thank you Lord Jesus for that strength. Just knowing what happened to Him still humbles me.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my brothers and sisters here.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 08:37:31 AM »
Have a blessed Thanksgiving my friends. Hold your loved ones close, love on them, and enjoy their presence. Marvel in God's creation of things like love, family, turkey, and taste buds.

I thank Him for creating a nation so wonderful that we care enough to have consternation over its current condition.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline robins111

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 09:22:32 AM »
I'm thankful Canada has its Thanksgiving a month before the US, Its damn cold and snowy here in Northern Ontario..

However, I will pass on my best wishes and hope my friends down south have a great family get together, enjoy good food and company.  In these troubled times, family and close friends are the real currency and value of the world, enjoy.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 09:57:55 AM »
I am thankful for health, for wisdom, for family, and for His patience with me.  I am thankful for all my good friends here at IAL and I wish you all the very best day today and always.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 10:31:42 AM »
Some of y'all sound like you're already half in the bag.

Thanks to each and every one of you for your forbearance. Enjoy the day.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 10:37:47 AM »
I too am thankful:

• Thankful to my Lord and savior, Jesus Christ, for loving me/us so much that He bore incredible pain & torture for shame that wasn’t His, yet He bore it to pay our/my debt of sin & fallen-ness.
• Thankful to live in a country so intelligently designed that it is (so far) withstanding a savage assault upon its founding/guiding principles.
• Thankful for a family, wife & children who also follow after Christ and make me proud to lead them.
• Thankful for a reasoning mind that is able to make sense of what I see and discern the wheat from the chaffe.
• Thankful for online and offline friends, especially those (all y’all) of a similar mindset…without like-minded individuals to bounce things off…I’d certainly think I had gone insane.
• And, I’m thankful for the ability to move aside the cares of this world and actually be thankful. This will all pass away and, when it does, it’s our preparation for eternity that will matter.

Happy Thanksgiving
, everyone! I wish the best for you this Thanksgiving.

Now go ye all forth...and eat pie!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 10:40:17 AM »
Some of y'all sound like you're already half in the bag...

Not yet Soup, not yet. But at this very moment I'm looking at three bottles of Gewürztraminer that will not survive the day.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 12:12:42 PM »
Washington, D.C.
October 3, 1863
By the President of the United States of America.

A Proclamation.

The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are of so extraordinary a nature, that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever watchful providence of Almighty God. In the midst of a civil war of unequaled magnitude and severity, which has sometimes seemed to foreign States to invite and to provoke their aggression, peace has been preserved with all nations, order has been maintained, the laws have been respected and obeyed, and harmony has prevailed everywhere except in the theatre of military conflict; while that theatre has been greatly contracted by the advancing armies and navies of the Union. Needful diversions of wealth and of strength from the fields of peaceful industry to the national defence, have not arrested the plough, the shuttle or the ship; the axe has enlarged the borders of our settlements, and the mines, as well of iron and coal as of the precious metals, have yielded even more abundantly than heretofore. Population has steadily increased, notwithstanding the waste that has been made in the camp, the siege and the battle-field; and the country, rejoicing in the consiousness of augmented strength and vigor, is permitted to expect continuance of years with large increase of freedom.

No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy. It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and one voice by the whole American People.

I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union.

In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Seal of the United States to be affixed.
Done at the City of Washington, this Third day of October, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and of the Independence of the Unites States the Eighty-eighth.

By the President: Abraham Lincoln

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 01:16:31 PM »
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/11/andrew-p-napolitano/what-to-be-thankful-for/

<What if, on Thanksgiving, our gratitude is not to the government that assails our freedoms, but to the God who created us? What if our gratitude on Thanksgiving is for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? What if that for which we are truly grateful are the aspects of our humanity that are in God’s image and likeness? What if those aspects have nothing to do with the government?> Andrew Napolitano
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 11:59:38 PM »
Some of y'all sound like you're already half in the bag.

Thanks to each and every one of you for your forbearance. Enjoy the day.

Are you kiddin'?  It was 11:30 AM when you wrote that, and with the rest of the cooking yet to be done?  Pshaw.

Later, with dessert.

Hope you enjoyed your day, 'Soup.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 09:09:22 AM »
Oh, hey...another thing I am thankful for - I am thankful the Good Lord saw fit to not afflict me with whatever insanity seizes some people and compels them to go wading into masses of fellow insaniacs to bustle, wrestle and fight each other over the latest meaningless trinket to spill out of China!

Going back to my sister's house and passing the Best Buy in Blaine around 4:30pm yesterday there were already hundreds lining up for the latest iCrap!

And Drudge today has the all too latter day typical Black Friday headlines like: UK brawls, women fighting over cheap panties; Barbie doll brawl at Walmart;  and woman punches cop.

Yes, I am very thankful not to be stuck among these idiots!

::bows::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 05:49:15 PM »
I know I'm late to the party, but I've got so much to be thankful for, I don't know where to begin.

Hope God has Blessed each of you as much as I'm Blessed.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 06:45:54 PM »

And Drudge today has the all too latter day typical Black Friday headlines like: UK brawls, women fighting over cheap panties; Barbie doll brawl at Walmart;  and woman punches cop.

Is that why its called black Friday, because that is when all of the blacks riot to get useless crap?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 07:21:19 AM »

Is that why its called black Friday, because that is when all of the blacks riot to get useless crap?

That might be Wednesday before Thanksgiving now, thanks to the Democrat/Progressive Plantation...the media keeps referring to Ferguson as a "peaceful protest".  That's swell, they ain't seen peaceful...yet!

Friday might just be discount day going forward...on whatever hasn't been looted or burned...