Author Topic: Your "Raised in USA" meat is probably processed in China  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Your "Raised in USA" meat is probably processed in China
« on: May 22, 2016, 05:49:52 PM »
This was totally news to me until I read this thread over at the AK Files.  Evidently, due to USDA regulations, it is cheaper for meat packagers to ship meat slaughtered in the USA over to China for processing, then ship it back to the USA for sale.

Another poster in the thread added this info about apples harvested in Washington state:

Washington apples (my states largest agricultural crop) export fresh apples 2000 miles south, to mexico, where they are washed, labeled with the "Proudly Grown in Wa" sticker, and then trucked BACK to Washington..no lie. I was told it had to do more with trucking contracts and making $$ per mile of transport, than cheap farm/packing labor..eitherway, its pretty chewed up IMHO.
Yoda

Yay globalism.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Your "Raised in USA" meat is probably processed in China
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 08:05:49 PM »

Polish my apple Pedro...
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 06:56:22 AM »
Those are jobs that (lazy ObamaBot) workers will not do!  It's much easier to sit on your ass and wait for the check and bene's from No Limit than work for a living...it is the gap between useful and useless that has really grown, globalism is just another term for path of least resistance...economically speaking.  In a perverse sense the modern Neo-Keynesian model rewards sloth and exploitation in the lower ranks...and the charade of The American Dream for the drone class in the middle...it makes shearing season so much easier for the masters.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 10:15:28 AM »
This was totally news to me until I read this thread over at the AK Files.  Evidently, due to USDA regulations, it is cheaper for meat packagers to ship meat slaughtered in the USA over to China for processing, then ship it back to the USA for sale.

Actually they have large ships that are basically floating factories for this purchase. They sit off shore in international waters.
The process nearly everything this way..