Author Topic: The All Things Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Thread  (Read 66686 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The All Things Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Thread
« Reply #280 on: April 11, 2012, 10:07:15 PM »

No, what?

No, she ain't gonna calm the waters.  The vicious, grasping, opportunistic bitch.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #281 on: April 12, 2012, 05:10:49 AM »
How is it that an eyewitness gave a statement to the police that Zimmerman was getting pummeled on his back from an assailant that just happened to be Trayvon Martin who is now dead from a gunshot wound from the guy he was assaulting not credible evidence to the effect of self defense. Was Zimmerman supposed to read this kid's mind somehow and determine that (he) was going to quit assaulting him at some predetermined point? Is that some kind of unwritten street brawl guideline? If unarmed, would Zimmerman been left for dead or having a irreversible head injury as in brain damage as is the case with so many other assaults?

This stinks!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #282 on: April 12, 2012, 07:36:29 AM »
It does stink.

The whole thing stinks!

The prosecutor is clearly biased, can't wait to see how discovery goes!  Can't wait to see how change of venue goes!  Can't wait to see how jury selection goes!  Can't wait to see what kind of judge gets this!  Can't wait to see what verdict is made and what sentence is given!  Can't wait for the appeals!  Can't wait for the civil case!  Can't wait for the NBP to start a race war!  Can't wait for the Democrat-Media Complex to screw this up nine ways to Sunday!  Can't wait for the made-for-TV movie starring Sean Penn as a bloodthirsty cracker eager to kill innocent black youth that fuels yet more black rage!

Yes, I just can't wait!!!

::falldownshocked::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #283 on: April 12, 2012, 07:56:19 AM »
2nd degree murder says that Zimmerman really did stalk and gun down Martin.  Where's the evidence of this?  The cuts on the back of Zimmerman''s head?

This will not end well.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #284 on: April 12, 2012, 10:18:58 AM »
Definition of Second Degree Murder

The crime of Second Degree Murder occurs when a person commits either:
 •Murder with a Depraved Mind or
•Accomplice Felony Murder

Murder with a Depraved Mind

Murder with a Depraved Mind occurs when a person is killed, without any premeditated design, by an act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life.

The primary distinction between Premeditated First Degree Murder and Second Degree Murder with a Depraved Mind is that First Degree Murder requires a specific and premeditated intent to kill.

Accomplice Felony Murder

Accomplice Felony Second Degree Murder occurs when you are an accomplice to a person who kills another human being while engaged in the commission, or attempted commission, of the following statutorily enumerated felonies, regardless of whether they intended the death:
 •Aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult,
•Aggravated child abuse,
•Aggravated stalking,
•Aircraft piracy,
•Arson,
•Burglary
•Carjacking,
•Distribution of Controlled Substances
•Escape,
•Home-invasion robbery,
•Kidnapping,
•Murder of another human being,
•Resisting Officer with Violence,
•Robbery,
•Sexual battery,
•Terrorism,
•Trafficking in Controlled Substances, or
•Unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb.

Penalties for Second Degree Murder

The crime of Second Degree Murder is classified as a First Degree Felony and is assigned a Level 10 offense severity ranking under Florida's Criminal Punishment Code.

If convicted of Second Degree Murder, a judge is required to impose a minimum prison sentence of 16¾ years in prison and can impose any additional combination of the following penalties:
•Up to Life in prison.
•Up to Life on probation.
•Up to $10,000 in fines.

10/20/Life

Under Florida's 10-20-Life law, a person who uses a Firearm to commit Second Degree Murder must be sentenced to a minimum-mandatory prison sentence of 25 years.[1]

Defenses to Second Degree Murder

In addition to the pretrial defenses and trial defenses that can be raised in any criminal case, specific defenses to the crime of Second Degree Murder are:

Excusable Homicide

The killing of a human being is excusable, and therefore lawful, under any one of the following three circumstances:
•When the killing is committed by accident and misfortune in doing any lawful act by lawful means with usual ordinary caution and without any unlawful intent, or
•When the killing occurs by accident and misfortune in the heat of passion, upon any sudden and sufficient provocation, or
•When the killing is committed by accident and misfortune resulting from a sudden combat, if a dangerous weapon is not used and the killing is not done in a cruel or unusual manner.

Justifiable Homicide

The killing of a human being is justifiable homicide and lawful if done while resisting an attempt by someone to kill you or to commit a felony against you.

Self Defense

Also known as the justified use of deadly force, self defense is a defense to the crime of Second Degree Murder.

LINK

Thought it would be interesting to read the definition.

Obviously, the state will attempt to prove he acted with a depraved mind.  I'd bet they think the fact he had a gun is enough to prove "by an act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind showing no regard for human life."

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #285 on: April 12, 2012, 10:26:39 AM »
And what's up with the mandatory 25 year sentence for 2nd degree murder committed with a firearm?  If the perpetrator uses a knife or tire iron is that somehow less murderous?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Trayvon's Mom: "I believe it was an accident"
« Reply #286 on: April 12, 2012, 10:40:44 AM »
This must have the race-pimps and the ambitious prosecutor in conniptions, eh?

Trayvon's mom says 'shooting was accident,' Zimmerman to face judge
Trayvon's mother, Sybrina Fulton, said on the Today Show she wants an apology from George Zimmerman.

George Zimmerman woke up in a Seminole County jail cell this morning as the mother of Trayvon Martin, the teen he killed, revealed on national television that she thinks the shooting was an accident.

Zimmerman is set to go before Judge Mark Herr at 1:30 p.m. today on a charge of second-degree murder.

Asked what she would like to ask to Zimmerman, Trayvon's mother, Sybrina Fulton, said on The Today Show that she wants an apology from him.

"I believe it was an accident. I believe it just got out of control and he couldn't turn the clock back," Fulton said, revealing her opinion about what happened the night her 17-year-old son was shot to death. "I would ask him, did he know that that was a minor, that that was a teenager and that he did not have a weapon."

Fulton said even if Zimmerman is found not guilty, the arrest achieves the goal of their campaign to raise awareness and bring him to justice.

"We just want him to be held accountable for what he done," Fulton said. "We are happy that he was arrested so that he can give his side of the story."

This sounds to me like a thoroughly decent woman, just grieving for her son and looking for answers. Why on earth is she allowing herself to be flanked by Al Sharpton? I guess he IS a professional.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #287 on: April 12, 2012, 10:57:27 AM »
Yeah, well, not stopping this prosecutor with an agenda from pushing Murder 2 now is it?!

"We do not prosecute by public pressure or by petition. We prosecute based on the facts on any given case as well as the laws of the state of Florida,"
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NEIGHBORHOOD_WATCH?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-04-11-18-27-48

Bullsh*t!

Oh, and here's another helpful voice to the over-amped atmosphere!

"Forget about him being arrested--the fact that he hasn't been shot yet is a disgrace."
 http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mike-tyson-trayvon-martin-case-disgrace-george-zimmerman-221115400.html

Mikey the punk thug loser (not surprisingly) cannot even get the facts straight, so his mind doesn't stand a chance at getting anything right either!

Hey Mikey?  I'm surprised you aren't a corpse yet!  I keep hope alive though!   ;)

We are overrun with race-first-and-only group-think idiots and assholes!   ::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #288 on: April 12, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »
OVER CHARGE

Worked out really swell when Florida prosecutors charged Casey Anthony with First Degree Murder/Capital crime/Death Penalty in the murder of her missing 3-year-old, Caylee Marie.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #289 on: April 12, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »
OVER CHARGE

Worked out really swell when Florida prosecutors charged Casey Anthony with First Degree Murder/Capital crime/Death Penalty in the murder of her missing 3-year-old, Caylee Marie.

No doubt. If they really wanted to seek justice they should have made a charge that can stick. 3rd degree manslaughter or something like that. The facts just don't seem to support a murder charge. He passed a frikkin lie detector test on the night of the killing, for Pete's sake.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #290 on: April 12, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
Yeah, I love the prosecutor in her news conference saying that she was not bowing to pressure in charging Zimmerman.

It's all about bowing to pressure.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #291 on: April 12, 2012, 12:33:59 PM »
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they end up trying to plea bargain him to a lesser charge. Plea bargaining is bullsh*t. It's a way for the state to strong arm a conviction out of someone who might be entirely innocent. The accused is forced to make a calculation, do they accept a few years in prison even though they know they're innocent, or do they maintain their innocence and risk being subjected to a harsher indictment?

But hey, it looks good for the solve rate of the local police and DA and that's all that matters.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #292 on: April 12, 2012, 01:26:21 PM »
And what's up with the mandatory 25 year sentence for 2nd degree murder committed with a firearm?  If the perpetrator uses a knife or tire iron is that somehow less murderous?

Guns make a very loud and scary noise and have a very frightening look which is quite disturbing to most liberals. They much prefer sharp, pointy or blunt and heavy murder weapons that have multiple uses and don't make as much noise. Did OJ use a gun? Heck, no. That would have been gauche.

Liberals like their murders quiet. Better to have someone beaten multiple times with a heavy, blunt object so that it won't wake the kids. Or stabbed multiple times. Plus, murder should be an up close and personal experience...they want to be able to look into the eyes of the victim/killer. Liberals fantasize about being able to kill their enemies with mental telepathy.

Much more civilized. It's the way that all murders should happen. Like on PBS. With classical music. And wine. With cheese. Or maybe tofu.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:34:23 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: New Black Liberation Militia Vows Vengeance!
« Reply #293 on: April 12, 2012, 03:44:27 PM »
... it is “absolutely imperative” that all levels of government investigate “every aspect” of how the unarmed boy was shot.

This is absolutely ridiculous!  Why is the FBI involved?  Why must ALL levels of government get involved here?

Cuase since the would be king has to energise the black vote.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #294 on: April 12, 2012, 05:24:40 PM »
Wow...this is all they have?

The above link is to a pdf file of the affidavit from the FL prosecutor Angela Corey. If this is their case then she is setting herself up to be dumbass prosecutor of the year.

She is going with Martin's girlfriend's testimony about what she heard (not recorded) on the phone prior to the struggle.

She is going with Zimmerman saying "f**king punks" instead of what was originally thought to be "f**king coons" and then later "f**king cold."

She is going with Martin's mother identifying Martin as the one who was calling for help.

And she is claiming that Zimmerman attacked Martin rather than turning around and retreating when the dispatcher told him to stop pursuit.

If this is all she has...

Hoo boy!
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #295 on: April 12, 2012, 05:44:40 PM »
And they will likely get it as well - if that is what they want. Social engineering, social justice, "justice" for trayvon. They will do it if they have to tilt the Earth off its axis.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #296 on: April 12, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »

Political justice for all.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #297 on: April 12, 2012, 06:27:22 PM »
  He may not go to jail but they will ruin him financially.At which point he will sue all the news networks with the doctored up films and recording and wind up well off sometime in the future but meanwhile he has to go through hell and gone to please a bunch of racebaters with a president to elect.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #298 on: April 12, 2012, 06:55:23 PM »
. . .

Hoo boy!

Affidavit my ass. This is a statement by the prosecutor's office that could have been written by Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson's office.

The "facts" as seen in a light most favorable to the State. I don't care about any statements or "averments" in the "affidavit". Once the defense puts on their case showing that Zimmerman was sucker punched by Trayvon, the only issue of any legal importance was whether Zimmerman believed that his life was in danger as he lay on his back being beaten by the "victim."

--------------

Offline Janny

« Reply #299 on: April 12, 2012, 07:37:23 PM »
. . .

Hoo boy!

Affidavit my ass. This is a statement by the prosecutor's office that could have been written by Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson's office.

The "facts" as seen in a light most favorable to the State. I don't care about any statements or "averments" in the "affidavit". Once the defense puts on their case showing that Zimmerman was sucker punched by Trayvon, the only issue of any legal importance was whether Zimmerman believed that his life was in danger as he lay on his back being beaten by the "victim."

There is a whole lot of assuming going on in that document. Most of it is based on the so-called witness that Martin was supposed to have been on the phone with. If this is all they've got, their case against Zimmerman has more holes than a Swiss cheese factory.

I am utterly amazed that the mother of Trayvon has just now come out and said she believes I was an accident. Maybe she has been advised that there is no way they can possibly convict him? I just don't know. This whole thing has been insane from the start. The worst part is that it is utterly impossible for Zimmerman to get a fair trial at this point.