Author Topic: Oh, the horror. Ravens use "military style Humvees" in victory parade.  (Read 4655 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I am so sick to freaking death of the breathless indignation of the perpetually offended pantywastes in this godless hellhole we used to call the United States of America.

Why I never..... of all the things.... a MILITARY STYLE Humvee? How dreadfully inappropriate. It might evoke an image of... of... of... the military.

Yay or nay? Ravens travel through Super Bowl parade in military style via Humvee

The article pretends to offer "both sides" of this "controversial" issue, and in so doing, creates the controversy where none exists, revealing the true agenda.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Oh, the horror. Ravens use "military style Humvees" in victory parade.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:05:33 AM »
Ah yes, the classic invention of a hypothetical "someone", a journalist's imaginary friend, conjured up solely to give voice to an opinion held by exactly no one.  "There might be some who feel uneasy".  No, there aren't. And even if there were?  So what?

Journalists have always been a bunch of subversive little propagandists, but they're not even clever about it anymore. I figure it's a laziness born of their assumption that they still have a total monopoly on the dissemination of information. They can't be swept into the dustbin of history fast enough.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 06:43:02 AM »
A useless rant, not even worthy enough to let small pets defecate upon...maybe if it was used to set this JurnoTard on fire. . . ?   ::stirpot::

PS - That team has more than one black man on it, why did the PhotoTard's pictures print whitey 75% of the time?  Hmmm?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:37:17 AM »
I'm just disappointed that Ray Lewis has any kind of recognition.
He's a murdering thug held up as a hero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 09:47:58 AM »
From the comments:

"It's the safest way to get through downtown Baltimore."

True dat.

I didn't see any widespread hyperventilating over the joint LEO/military, Blackhawk choppers firing blanks, exercises over Miami last week.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 10:27:52 AM »

I didn't see any widespread hyperventilating over the joint LEO/military, Blackhawk choppers firing blanks, exercises over Miami last week.

Those people can have them - the govt pays them directly.
You watch. This  ban goes into place and a lot of rural sheriffs will have 4000-6000 unpaid deputies.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »
I am so sick to freaking death of the breathless indignation of the perpetually offended pantywastes in this godless hellhole we used to call the United States of America.

Why I never..... of all the things.... a MILITARY STYLE Humvee? How dreadfully inappropriate. It might evoke an image of... of... of... the military.

Yay or nay? Ravens travel through Super Bowl parade in military style via Humvee

The article pretends to offer "both sides" of this "controversial" issue, and in so doing, creates the controversy where none exists, revealing the true agenda.

Stick Flacco in a Chevy Volt.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 10:33:48 AM »

PS - That team has more than one black man on it, why did the PhotoTard's pictures print whitey 75% of the time?  Hmmm?

Because the whites on the team are a minority and all minority's must be over represented.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 11:25:09 AM »

Because the whites on the team are a minority and all minority's must be over represented.

Especially when it comes to gas-guzzling eco-hating vehicles...

Yeah, the bro's never roll up in the lot in a Humvee with spinners...

/

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 01:11:38 PM »
Prove it!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 01:16:41 PM »
Prove it!

Uh-oh. It's on like donkey-kong.
 ::stirpot::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 02:08:33 PM »
"Ray Lewis, your team just won the Super Bowl. What are you going to do now?"

"I'm going to take this suit to the dry cleaners!"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 05:41:33 PM »
He got off because of who he is

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 10:48:30 PM »
Sure, I would trust a libiot to give that kind of reply but not a conservative on this site.
First off, he was just another football player back then. In the league for three seasons under his belt. No witnesses came fourth saying he was the murderer. Truth be known, it was one of those acquaintances that shouldn't have been was the killer. Raymond unfortunately, kept his mouth shut on the matter probably at the advice of his attorney. Art Model would not have helped the guy out if he thought for an instant that Ray was capable of such a horrible act and Art was a class act. I understand Ray's pov on the matter although I disagree with it entirely, he should have come fourth and spoke out but that's not what you do when you come from where he did. He had and has to live with the whole mess in his mind forever so I won't harp on it unlike others who weren't there or have a clue as to what went down that fateful night.

Some restitution or financial compensation was given to the families of the victim by Ray and he really didn't have to go that far but he was compelled to do so. Over his career since that night, he's made positive impacts on the community to any and all kids no matter, color of skin or stature in life. He was accessible by the community as a whole, became a leader in making his team mates better off the field as well as on. 

Overall, he paid for his one mistake of hanging out with dirt bags that had less to lose than he but at the same time, he would never be the person he is today without that incident.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 11:28:01 PM »
Sure, I would trust a libiot to give that kind of reply but not a conservative on this site.
First off, he was just another football player back then. In the league for three seasons under his belt. No witnesses came fourth saying he was the murderer. Truth be known, it was one of those acquaintances that shouldn't have been was the killer. Raymond unfortunately, kept his mouth shut on the matter probably at the advice of his attorney. Art Model would not have helped the guy out if he thought for an instant that Ray was capable of such a horrible act and Art was a class act. I understand Ray's pov on the matter although I disagree with it entirely, he should have come fourth and spoke out but that's not what you do when you come from where he did. He had and has to live with the whole mess in his mind forever so I won't harp on it unlike others who weren't there or have a clue as to what went down that fateful night.

Some restitution or financial compensation was given to the families of the victim by Ray and he really didn't have to go that far but he was compelled to do so. Over his career since that night, he's made positive impacts on the community to any and all kids no matter, color of skin or stature in life. He was accessible by the community as a whole, became a leader in making his team mates better off the field as well as on.  

Overall, he paid for his one mistake of hanging out with dirt bags that had less to lose than he but at the same time, he would never be the person he is today without that incident.

I know nothing of any details of the case, so I have no opinion about Ray Lewis' guilt or innocence whatsoever. I only barely remember the dust-up. You seem to be making some pretty concrete statements warpmine. Do you have inside knowledge, or are these just your strongly held opinions?

If they're just your opinions, I don't see how likening someone with a different opinion to a liberal supports your belief. Around here that's about as big an insult as could be leveled.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 06:22:33 AM »

I know nothing of any details of the case, so I have no opinion about Ray Lewis' guilt or innocence whatsoever. I only barely remember the dust-up. You seem to be making some pretty concrete statements warpmine. Do you have inside knowledge, or are these just your strongly held opinions?

If they're just your opinions, I don't see how likening someone with a different opinion to a liberal supports your belief. Around here that's about as big an insult as could be leveled.

Not wanting to throw out a vile insult at anyone particularly here in our community I refrained from doing so but consider this "He got off because of who he is" is absolutely a weak flaccid reply. If I had made that assessment about something others were much more privy to, I'm certain I would be corrected and that would be OK by me. I'm not infallible and being proved wrong is all part of the exercise of life from time to time, right?

As a native of the"Charm city"(yeah, right) I was sort of in the heart of it, read most of what everybody has written about it including what transpired in court via documents that were posted at the time. The man never had a history of behavior that would lead anyone to conclude he would act out of violence.

Anyway, just looking to speak against biases on this subject as not everyone had to live through it for the year. I will speak no more about the subject as it doesn't really make a hill of beans to what's happening today in our illustrious culture of decay.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
As a native of the"Charm city"(yeah, right) I was sort of in the heart of it, read most of what everybody has written about it including what transpired in court via documents that were posted at the time. The man never had a history of behavior that would lead anyone to conclude he would act out of violence.

That's all I was wondering. So you do have a bit more knowledge than the average person - or at the very least your opinion is formed by paying attention to the details of the case.

I wasn't chastising as much as trying to get at why you seemed to have such a strong reaction. Now I know.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:19:26 AM by IronDioPriest »

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 12:38:17 PM »

As a HUGE pro football fan several years ago, I remember parts of this incident.

Lewis could be a case of hanging with the wrong people at the wrong time. They had just won the Super Bowl. I don't buy he was just the average football player after 3 years of his career....he won the Super Bowl and had been All pro two of his first 3 years, not necessarily a player buried on a depth chart.

I hated to jump on this subject, but most people bring things upon themselves. I still remember his interview with Shannon Sharpe, lamenting how God doesn't use people who kill...and the families of those who lost a loved one don't understand, or something to that effect. I remember it as very bizarre. Not to mention I don't believe the clothing Lewis wore that nite has ever been recovered and if i'm not mistaken the two he testified against were aquitted. So like OJ, there is a supposed "killer" still on the loose.

I hope Ray Lewis has turned his life around....... because I also could make a case God doesn't use people who have 6 kids by 4 different women.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 06:29:49 PM »

As a HUGE pro football fan several years ago, I remember parts of this incident.

Lewis could be a case of hanging with the wrong people at the wrong time. They had just won the Super Bowl. I don't buy he was just the average football player after 3 years of his career....he won the Super Bowl and had been All pro two of his first 3 years, not necessarily a player buried on a depth chart.

I hated to jump on this subject, but most people bring things upon themselves. I still remember his interview with Shannon Sharpe, lamenting how God doesn't use people who kill...and the families of those who lost a loved one don't understand, or something to that effect. I remember it as very bizarre. Not to mention I don't believe the clothing Lewis wore that nite has ever been recovered and if i'm not mistaken the two he testified against were aquitted. So like OJ, there is a supposed "killer" still on the loose.

I hope Ray Lewis has turned his life around....... because I also could make a case God doesn't use people who have 6 kids by 4 different women.
You have the years reversed Don. The Ravens won the SB in 2001 for the 2000 season. The Atlanta Incident took place During SB party January 2000 for the 1999 season. That's why everyone was so freaked out the following season. The trial was in 2000 in the off season.

I don't buy the "nobody in Ray's party killed" thingy but then nobody fingered anyone now did they. If Ray witnessed it or knew the killer personally, only God knows for sure who is to blame. One thing for sure, the people he hung out with back then were scum. Rod Woodson help turn him around in that respect and Ray owes him much for his dedication and help.