Author Topic: Great Britain Votes to LEAVE EU: Cameron intends to resign!  (Read 141344 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Great Britain Votes to LEAVE EU: Cameron intends to resign!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 06:58:06 PM »
Get a load of this.  Some lawyer in France wrote an opinion piece in Le Monde arguing that the EU should ban member states from having referendums at all.  Can't make this stuff up.  Read this lawyer's words and know that you can put them into the mouths of all the politicos and technocrats infesting governments everywhere in the West.  The attitude revealed only goes to prove correct everyone who has pointed to the EU as an incipient tyranny.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/23/lawyer-ban-referendums-save-eu/

In the wake of a potential ‘Brexit’ a top French lawyer has demanded that the European Union (EU) “stop sacrificing the European project” and ban referendums.

Laurent Cohen-Tanugi called direct democracy “populist suicide” and claimed that people’s opinions in the internet era are invalid.

Describing Britain’s referendum on EU membership as a “lamentable soap opera”, the Paris-based international lawyer urged the bloc’s leaders to “stop playing with fire”.

Writing in Le Monde, the Paris-based lawyer branded referendums “contrary to the dignity of public office”, “opportunistic and demagogic”, and called for European leaders to:

“Stop sacrificing the European project, the states you are responsible for, the geopolitical position of the West and the global economy on the altar of your personal ambitions and the interests of your followers!”

Mr. Cohen-Tanugi dismissed imagined “howls of outrage from anti-EU pseudo-democrats”, criticising European elites for having “bought into the simplistic, demagogic” argument that Europeans should have a say in how they are ruled.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 09:57:29 PM »
My response to the French Cohen-Tanugi, particularly enlightening should he know his history:

::guillotine::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 10:38:49 AM »
Labour MP: Parliament Should Just Ignore The Referendum

Paul Joseph Watson called it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XKJ2mcdVmQ

Apparently after the Obamacare vote we should have held our breath and demanded a do-over. Best two out of three!

There is a petition to have a do over with over 2 million signatures, and they have done this "do over" crap in other countries

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2016, 11:40:42 AM »
If they try to pull off a second referendum, they'll be sure to give the voters a nice dose of economic gloom-and-doom beforehand, just to make sure they know "now you have a chance to stop this disaster from happening."

But even if they do it, they've already lost.  They're just proving that they are your overlords and you have no self-determination.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2016, 12:54:32 PM »
Sucks to be Establishment, hope it sucks worse for them each passing second!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2016, 01:20:43 PM »
Hah! Liberal Media Gets Punked by 4Chan – Petition for Second Brexit Vote was Spammed

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/hah-liberal-media-pranked-4chan-poll-second-eu-referendum-totally/

But..but..but..it can't be true!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 07:00:03 AM »
Another reason why Establishment Statists want control of information, specifically the internet and social media...so nobody can call them on their obvious and constant shenannigans.  But you can never stop word getting out...it gets out one way or another.

! No longer available

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 12:32:48 PM »
See, this is why it's useful to do things like Brexit even if it's merely to provoke the powers that be into revealing their true nature.  Get a load of this.  They just keep confirming all the fears of the Eurosceptics.

European SUPERSTATE to be unveiled: EU nations 'to be morphed into one' post-Brexit

The foreign ministers of France and Germany are due to reveal a blueprint to effectively do away with individual member states in what is being described as an “ultimatum”.

Under the radical proposals EU countries will lose the right to have their own army, criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels.

Controversially member states would also lose what few controls they have left over their own borders, including the procedure for admitting and relocating refugees.

The plot has sparked fury and panic in Poland - a traditional ally of Britain in the fight against federalism - after being leaked to Polish news channel TVP Info.
France’s economy minister, wants to go even further and set up a common eurozone treasury which would oversee the permanent transfer of funds from wealthier northern Europe to shore up Mediterranean economies.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:40:56 PM by Glock32 »

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2016, 02:09:43 PM »
Yeah...the empire strikes back phase has begun...

This fits the above too -

Comment by European Parliament Martin Schultz should put all confusion to rest.

Schulz: "The British have violated the rules. It is not the EU philosophy that the crowd can decide its fate".

I cannot believe this EuroFascist actually said that!   ::hysterical::

This kind of crap should really ramp up opposition to the EU!!!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 09:07:56 AM »
Marine Le Pen wrote an editorial for the NY Times.  This paragraph describes perfectly why the Brexit vote is a win-win regardless of what happens next:

Brexit may not have been the first cry of hope, but it may be the people’s first real victory. The British have presented the union with a dilemma it will have a hard time getting out of. Either it allows Britain to sail away quietly and thus runs the risk of setting a precedent: The political and economic success of a country that left the European Union would be clear evidence of the union’s noxiousness. Or, like a sore loser, the union makes the British pay for their departure by every means possible and thus exposes the tyrannical nature of its power. Common sense points toward the former option. I have a feeling Brussels will choose the latter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/opinion/marine-le-pen-after-brexit-the-peoples-spring-is-inevitable.html

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2016, 10:16:23 AM »
I believe the EU will double-down on tyranny as well.

Brexit was just the first step; now Britons have to choose between real liberty, economic and otherwise, or consolidate their own brand of statism.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2016, 11:27:29 AM »
Yes.  We need to remind ourselves that Britain, like pretty much all of old Europe, is a society where the existence of an aristocratic ruling class is simply the way it's always been.  That's not going to change overnight.  We will probably see a post-EU Britain as still too far down the rabbit hole of collectivism, at least by our standards.  But, it's still a necessary step in the right direction.  Dismantling centralized statism will have to come first.

I likewise wouldn't be particularly bothered if the various People's Republics in the USA would just keep their asinine notions to themselves.  It's their enlistment of Washington DC to make prescriptions for the rest of us that is the intolerable part.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 07:39:45 AM »
I think Le Pen nailed it, I think the EU is going to go deeper into the Dark Side.

Check out the treatment of Farage before the Eurostatists -

In his first appearance in European Parliament since the Brexit vote, UKIP leader Nigel Farage was greeted with raucous jeers and boos (presumably for enabling The Brits to exercise their democratic right to self-determination). Once EU President Martin Schulz had demanded (ironically) that they listen, Farage began his 'victory' speech by reminding his so-called peers of their laughter when he first suggested UK should leave The EU - "you're not laughing now... are you!"

"..and the reason you're so upset, the reason you're so angry, the reason you're not laughing is simple - you as a political project are in denial"

http://youtu.be/ayojl7Op37A

"What makes it so hard for me...is the way it succeeded. The absolutely negative campaign. Mr Farage's posters showing refugees like in Nazi propaganda, which he copied at that moment. I never thought it was possible that somebody in this house should do a thing like that." - Guy Verhofstadt, leader of the EU Liberal group

Yeah, call your opponent a nazi when you and your pals are the ones acting like thugs and pissing on people who dare take responsibility for their own future, that's some disgustingly rich manure you're throwing.

Watch the Farage clip, it is in some ways the rebuttal to the Supreme Chancellors attempt to seize dictatorial power in Star Wars that never happened.

::thumbsup::

And in these 16 reasons why brexit should be celebrated the one we are witnessing in technicolor is #4-The Rule of Law because power-mad states with large bureaucracies violate more laws than any other entity in history.  We are seeing that in the bailout scheme of the PIGS, and now in the wake of Brexit Germany (perhaps feeling the first sting) is shooting down Italy's direct plea, which is ironic since Merkel is obeying the law for once instead of coming up with ways to skirt it or ignore it entirely, so Brexit is already having an effect.  And I think Cameron's correct but perhaps not for all the right reasons blaming on Merkel for the whole Muzzie Rapefugee importation scheme as the main reason driving Briton's to bolt the EU played a big part too.

Also, Farage goes on to lambast Obama and openly questions if his boorish behavior as a statist co-conspirator also contributed to hardening Brittish resolve for Brexit.

"Well ultimately let me say this, Vladimir Putin behaved in a more statesmanlike manner than President Obama did in this referendum campaign. Obama came to Britain and I think behaved disgracefully, telling us we'd be at the back of the queue. Treating us, America's strongest, oldest ally, in this extraordinary way. Vladimir Putin maintained his silence throughout the whole campaign."

http://youtu.be/PfKKKpmv7Ps

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-28/nigel-farage-slams-obama-he-came-britain-and-behaved-disgracefully

Sadly, another kick in the balls that goes to waste...first because Obama doesn't have balls...and second because he is a megalomaniac statist jackass...

Still, it's good to call out a tyrant when they get tyrannical.   ::thumbsup::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2016, 09:03:02 AM »

Also, Farage goes on to lambast Obama and openly questions if his boorish behavior as a statist co-conspirator also contributed to hardening Brittish resolve for Brexit.

"Well ultimately let me say this, Vladimir Putin behaved in a more statesmanlike manner than President Obama did in this referendum campaign. Obama came to Britain and I think behaved disgracefully, telling us we'd be at the back of the queue. Treating us, America's strongest, oldest ally, in this extraordinary way. Vladimir Putin maintained his silence throughout the whole campaign."

Yes, remember now that this is what they call "smart diplomacy."  When he first descended from the heavens to become president in 2008, the liberals reminded us that finally the smart set would be in power.  No more arrogant, ham fisted American diplomacy!

I also loved that part of Farage's speech where he called out the entire EU parliament and said "virtually none of you have ever had a proper job."  I wish someone would say that to Congress.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2016, 11:24:49 AM »

Yes, remember now that this is what they call "smart diplomacy."  When he first descended from the heavens to become president in 2008, the liberals reminded us that finally the smart set would be in power.  No more arrogant, ham fisted American diplomacy!

I also loved that part of Farage's speech where he called out the entire EU parliament and said "virtually none of you have ever had a proper job."  I wish someone would say that to Congress.

Yeah, that was priceless.  Never happen here, not with those pansy pubbies we have...

When those DemoToddlers had their anti-second amendment temper tantrum fartathon and dined on Chik-Fil-A to show the people how much they are enduring to rid them of the scourge of an armed citizenry...not one pubbie scolded them.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2016, 11:54:59 AM »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2016, 02:28:47 PM »
Well, their last lady PM was a badass, so maybe they'll find another one?

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2016, 07:24:55 PM »
Runner up was for Brexit, we'll see what happens.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2017, 09:52:04 AM »
Heh!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-17/theresa-may-speaks-live-webcast

The UK Supreme Court is expected to rule this month on whether the Article 50 process needs the prior approval of parliament and of devolved administrations. May has said that the March deadline will not be postponed, whatever the court’s ruling.

Forward!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-17/pound-soars-most-2008-after-uks-may-calls-parliamtary-vote-brexit

Nice bounce!