Author Topic: google trip  (Read 1071 times)

Offline whimsicalmamapig

google trip
« on: November 22, 2014, 05:58:16 PM »
Have had more time on my hands than usual and this is what I saw:

Been taking google road trips through the small burgs and towns across the US. This is a way to see the actuality of a town without the gloss of the chamber of commerce or the real estate agent.

Find a small town, go to the street view and then just roam the streets up close. What I am seeing is the degeneration of roads, shopping districts, the rustiness of cars, perfectly good businesses empty and up for sale, closed stores and the ones that are open and not part of a chain barely hanging on and not in the "prime" shape you would have seen  50+ years ago.

where there is government work or international industries you see areas of a town with affluence in housing and services, but just as much to find towns where the local plant is gone and the houses are fading fast along with what is left of the man street.

Despite what politicians and economists tell you, the heart, the heartland of America is ailing. There may be value in the new suburbs around metropolitan centers that are managing world wide trade, but the actual homes and towns, schools, parks, local restaurants etc. of that blue collar middle class is in far worse shape than the governments numbers crunchers would belie.

This, far more than an election, states what is painfully obvious. The America that anyone over the age of 50 remembers no longer exists except in our memories. I do not know why we even worry about "saving" the nation when the nation is long gone and areas such as Ferguson, of striated, dystopian and never to be healed amalgams of antipathy is what we have allowed to evolve before our eyes at the hands of the progressive intelligentsia that told us they could see the future and it was good.

After observing the news for the last few weeks, I am of the opinion that the Armageddon is past due if it is, in fact, coming and there is no reason to prolong the wait. it is rotten to the core and serves no purpose.

I am off to take street views of the small towns in the previous soviet satellite states to see what has been happening there.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:37:02 PM by whimsicalmamapig »
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: google trip
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 11:10:03 AM »
Rot at the core spreads outwards. 

Some of our long-forgotten homespun wisdom is timeless.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 01:38:19 PM »
Welcome to the "it's too far gone to fix" party.  The soldiers in WWII had a saying that the fastest way home was through Berlin.  That's pretty much where we're at as a civilization. To bring back a constitutional republic rooted in the equal application of rule of law, the current mutated abomination has to go away. That's not going to happen by any process the abomination itself controls.

The abomination will ultimately be undone by the unsustainable and contradictory measures it has enacted in order to keep kicking the can down the road. The law of diminishing returns applies here too. It will have to resort to increasingly radical measures for ever smaller amounts of breathing room. It's going to do an awful lot of damage in its death throes.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 02:12:12 PM »
whims, that is just sad.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 02:59:15 PM »
do you mean it is sad that google street view underscores what we all deep down know or sad that I take google street trips at all?
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 10:41:50 PM »
The former.  I do not fault you, whims.  As for me, taking the google trips that you have would make me doubly sad to see what I know is happening.

Every time Gunsmith and I venture into a nicely landscaped and relatively thriving area, with intact roads and bridges and working street lighting -- you know, civilization -- as I look around I think "this is what 'they' hate, what 'they' are destroying", and on purpose; that which is clean, neat and comfortable, civilized, the suburbs and the business and merchant areas. 

Where we live is nice, but rural and not so ....... organized, and that's okay.  We live where we want to and we can visit elsewhere to shop and dine.

And it is these choices, this sense of different orders according to taste, that the left hates and is well on its way toward decimating.

I hate. them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:44:55 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 06:23:30 AM »
It reminds me of the dreadful trips into the hinterland in Atlas Shrugged, going to the old abandoned auto factory...

It is oppressively depressing, and it does create a seething hatred for those who intentionally brought its condition about!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.