Author Topic: Abuse cases by public school employees: The unheard scandal  (Read 1627 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Abuse cases by public school employees: The unheard scandal
« on: December 12, 2014, 04:04:05 PM »
The Roman Catholic Church gets raked through the coals by the lamestream press,  for it lack of accountability on child abuse cases by priests or other church employees over the decades.    These cases are of course horrid, the victims many,  and the RC church didn't handle them very well in the past.    I don't want to discount or marginalize the crimes committed by priests,  but there is a much bigger child abuse scandal that you hear almost nothing about.

Its has to be much larger then the RC scandal,  just because of the amount of children that are probably victims.   Only a portion of people are roman catholic in the US,  but almost everyone at some point attends public school.    There has to be far more abusers that work in public schools then the roman catholic church.   I haven't found a study or anything like it. 

But since there is no love lost between the press and the catholic church,  you only hear about the cases from there.   Public schools largely get a pass when it comes to negative coverage.   

Here is a case that has gone on for HALF A CENTURY.   The abuser,  aged 94 had never been arrested let alone charged with any crimes until very recently.  But there is a paper trail that dates back to the 1950's.   Some of the victims are now themselves senior citizens.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/winnetka-northfield-glencoe/ct-bill-bricker-100-children-met-20141211-story.html#page=1

Where was the Chicago Tribune decades ago?   Many of their employees,  including most of the top people live or lived in this school district.   Its a wealthy area so you would think someone wouldn't be able to commit crimes for decades.   They would be stopped by someone with the power to do so.   But no.    The school district was still covering for the teacher a decade after he had retired. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Abuse cases by public school employees: The unheard scandal
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 01:18:23 PM »
Must be a Democrat.

Seriously, 100 kids?  Not one parent took this trash out?  ::speechless::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 11:05:39 AM »
Look what happened in that town in England where, something like, 1500 kids were abused.

Ostrich syndrome.

I have a simple rule.

Mess with my daughter and you will slow a very slow painful death and I have places to put what's left that will never be found.

At least until I get my pigs.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 03:21:57 PM »
Look what happened in that town in England where, something like, 1500 kids were abused.

Oh, but the perps were muzzies, can't be critical of the peaceful religion now, can we?  Might go badly for us, eh.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 06:53:16 AM »
Child molesters...well, they should just disappear without a trace...

As for those other clowns, need to think bigger...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.