Author Topic: Real Change in America  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Real Change in America
« on: January 08, 2015, 11:51:53 AM »
http://straightlinelogic.com/2015/01/07/revolution-in-america-by-robert-gore/

Interesting read.  Naturally, I am much more interested now in ending the entire charade rather than participating in any bit of it...but I would enjoy the thoughts of you all.  The best most effective way to get the attention of and disrupt the glutonous appetite and despotic ambition of this illigitimate oligarchic state would be if everyone simultaneously did what they could to restrain flows to Fedcoats and crony capitalists and did everything they could to increase the drain on Fedcoats and cronies.  Alas, as we have seen in the futile and dead in all but name political arena...getting people to agree on what they see, what it means and how it can be defeated is almost impossible.  Maybe if the ball got rolling more would participate...if 20 million people did it that could be enough momentum to get it going...and if it got to 2-3 times that I think The Beast would be in peril.

My greatest fear is not seeing anything done in my lifetime.  The more time that passes the tamer and lamer the population grows!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Real Change in America
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:06:54 PM »
For those with compunctions about not paying their debts, recall how much compunction the banks and the government had about reaching into taxpayer pockets when banks’ speculative, highly leveraged business models fell apart in 2008.

Indeed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 04:00:45 PM »
Voting, which theoretically gives the electorate power to change things, has changed nothing. The two parties alternate doling out the spoils expropriated by a corrupt government.

We've been saying just that for years.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 04:37:17 PM »
Its not saying anything we haven't already discussed and quite some time ago I might add.

Going Galt is the way to fight this beast,  but I don't see a mass movement towards a tax strike--though a partial one might happen as people simply refuse to pay the Obamacare taxes. I personally will leave that section of my form blank even though I have qualifying insurance via my employer (at least for now) ,and  drag it out as long as I can and then prove I have insurance and I owe nothing. And I will do it every year from now till I die.
Let them waste enforcement efforts on me.

However you slice this, collecting income and getting more prepped is our best way of fighting it.  Yes, you can ever so slightly hasten the collapse by refusing to pay any lucre to the beast as Barnhardt has done,  but collapse it will no matter what you do, and I am thinking you couldn't change the time table by more than a year .. even if the 3% willing to stand and fight did so.  Dancing with the Stars is still on and I hear Cardashians will be on it next season.  Just be ready for the shows cancellation.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 06:40:56 AM »
Patience has never been my best virtue...and the evil, the stupid and the ignorant weigh on it heavily...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.