Author Topic: Pope goes full retard  (Read 4954 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Pope goes full retard
« on: January 15, 2015, 11:22:55 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/pope-charlie-hebdo-limits-free-expression-121639260.html

ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE (AP) — Pope Francis said Thursday there are limits to freedom of speech, especially when it insults or ridicules someone's faith.

Francis spoke about the Paris terror attacks while en route to the Philippines, defending free speech as not only a fundamental human right but a duty to speak one's mind for the sake of the common good.

But he said there were limits.

By way of example, he referred to Alberto Gasparri, who organizes papal trips and was standing by his side aboard the papal plane.

"If my good friend Dr. Gasparri says a curse word against my mother, he can expect a punch," Francis said half-jokingly, throwing a mock punch his way. "It's normal. You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others."

His pretend punch aside, Francis by no means said the violent attack on Charlie Hebdo was justified. Quite the opposite: He said such horrific violence in God's name couldn't be justified and was an "aberration." But he said a reaction of some sort was to be expected.
View gallery
Paris shooting: Charlie Hebdo office attacked
An injured person is evacuated outside the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo's office, in Par …

Many people around the world have defended the right of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo to publish inflammatory cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed in the wake of the massacre by Islamic extremists at its Paris offices and subsequent attack on a kosher supermarket in which three gunmen killed 17 people.

Others, though, have noted that in virtually all societies, freedom of speech has its limits, from laws against Holocaust denial to racially motivated hate speech.

Recently the Vatican and four prominent French imams issued a joint declaration that, while denouncing the Paris attacks, urged the media to treat religions with respect.

Francis, who has called on Muslim leaders in particular to speak out against Islamic extremism, went a step further Thursday when asked by a French journalist about whether there were limits when freedom of expression meets freedom of religion.

"There are so many people who speak badly about religions or other religions, who make fun of them, who make a game out of the religions of others," he said. "They are provocateurs. And what happens to them is what would happen to Dr. Gasparri if he says a curse word against my mother. There is a limit."

In the wake of the Paris attacks, the Vatican has sought to downplay reports that it is a potential target for Islamic extremists, saying it is being vigilant but has received no specific threat.

Francis said he was concerned primarily for the safety of the faithful who come to see him in droves, and said he had spoken to Vatican security officials who are taking "prudent and secure measures."

"I am worried, but you know I have a defect: a good dose of carelessness. I'm careless about these things," he said. But he admitted that in his prayers, he had asked that if something were to happen to him that "it doesn't hurt, because I'm not very courageous when it comes to pain. I'm very timid."

He added, "I'm in God's hands."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Pope goes full retard
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 11:30:14 AM »
"If my good friend Dr. Gasparri says a curse word against my mother, he can expect a punch," Francis said half-jokingly, throwing a mock punch his way. "It's normal. You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others."

Huh, what?  What does insulting your mother have to do with faith?  I doubt she was the Virgin Mary, or are you claiming Divine birth?  Second, insulting that which calls itself a religion but is in fact (something you could arrive at easily yourself if you pulled your head out of your ass!!!) a sicko cult for murderers, sexual degenerates and women enslavers, should be commonplace for non-cultists!!!

Beyond retard, this guy makes retards look brilliant!  At least retards have a genetic excuse!

And hey, I got a question for Francis the Talking Mule...What Westerner/non-Muslim act spurred this typical response?  Eh, jackass?!

Karma would be this idiot being beheaded during some stupid-ass Muzzie outreach playdate!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:37:39 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 02:24:01 PM »
I genuinely feel embarrassed for my Catholic friends. I don't want to disrespect them but I am compelled to say....this guy is a dolt. He's not helping anyone and he is hurting us - Catholic and otherwise.

What's the Pope version of "Shaddup and sing"?

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 02:45:42 PM »
I genuinely feel embarrassed for my Catholic friends. I don't want to disrespect them but I am compelled to say....this guy is a dolt. He's not helping anyone and he is hurting us - Catholic and otherwise.

Trust me, they know it! ::gaah::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 04:21:08 PM »
Pope-a-Dope needs to be publicly biotch-smacked until facial bones become broken then doused with gasoline for the ultimate test of faith...

...will he actually burn?
 ::popcorn::
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 06:18:28 PM »
They sure struck out on this pope.    Hopefully he won't last long. 

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 08:27:36 PM »

Kinda' shoots the whole "infalibility" shtick to Hades when you're chosen boy is an muttering, azz-backwards, non-scriptural A-hole.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 09:45:37 PM »

As long as he doesn't sing "Heil Mary!"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 07:24:11 AM »

I dunno, he is younger than any they've had in quite a while...so the poor Earth might be stuck with this clown for a while...   ::unknowncomic::

And he is about as full a 180 degree turn from the best they've ever had in quite a while - John Paul II (Karol Wojtyla), why they deviated from that good man worthy of emulation I'll never know.  Perhaps it was the rebellion of the man-lovers in the Church, once he and his enforcer Ratzinger (Benedict XVI) were out of the way it was back to the good old days?  Remember all the stuff spilling out wasn't just the sex scandals back here in America...it was the clergy in Rome even, dropping the Holy garb and going in street clothes to gay bars...the Vatican Bank scandal...JP II did all he could to clean things up and Ratzinger was his main enforcer, and once he became Pope that kinda fell off and things were swept away and it was just a caretaker papacy.

Anyway, sucks for the loyal Catholic who has not strayed into lunacy to be stuck with this fool.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 02:29:57 PM »
We haved an outed communist for a president, and outed communist as mayor of NYC, now an outed communist for Pope. Duke University wants to play the muslim  call to prayer from its Methodist tower. Where will all of this end.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 02:37:53 PM »
We haved an outed communist for a president, and outed communist as mayor of NYC, now an outed communist for Pope. Duke University wants to play the muslim  call to prayer from its Methodist tower. Where will all of this end.
You'll have a pretty good clue when a few million Christians suddenly disappear.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 07:56:36 PM »
Pope-a-Dope needs to be publicly biotch-smacked until facial bones become broken then doused with gasoline for the ultimate test of faith...

You would say that about any pope not just this one.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 10:35:28 AM »
Publishing a slew of stupid, infantile cartoons is NOT the equivalent of yelling fire in a crowded theater.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 02:57:52 PM »

Kinda' shoots the whole "infalibility" shtick to Hades when you're chosen boy is an muttering, azz-backwards, non-scriptural A-hole.

Okay. You don't like the pope, Catholics and Catholicism. Got it.

I don't understand Catholicism at all. I don't agree with it and I don't believe that most of its trappings, ceremonies, traditions or dogma are Scriptural. But, that said, I don't believe that, like islam, it is inherently evil. Like, say, mormonism, I just think it is wrong and heretical.

And while I might be tempted to make a joke or two about the pope and Catholicism, I wouldn't personally advocate for the physical harm of the pope. Seriously? You think that the pope needs to be beaten until his facial bones are broken and then set on fire? Do you perhaps envision Jesus doing this after having warmed up by driving the money changers from the Temple?

I like your aggressive right wing spirit but not this. When you write material like this it makes me question your fitness for inclusion on this site. Please, by all means, feel free to explain how you justify the promotion of violent physical harm to another human being for merely expressing an (albeit, wrong and stupid) opinion. While you are at it you can also attempt to explain how your comments can be squared with your Scripture tagline...that implies that you have a spirit of "power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control." Do enlighten me.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 03:07:38 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 08:55:46 PM »

Okay. You don't like the pope, Catholics and Catholicism. Got it.

I don't understand Catholicism at all. I don't agree with it and I don't believe that most of its trappings, ceremonies, traditions or dogma are Scriptural. But, that said, I don't believe that, like islam, it is inherently evil. Like, say, mormonism, I just think it is wrong and heretical.

And while I might be tempted to make a joke or two about the pope and Catholicism, I wouldn't personally advocate for the physical harm of the pope. Seriously? You think that the pope needs to be beaten until his facial bones are broken and then set on fire? Do you perhaps envision Jesus doing this after having warmed up by driving the money changers from the Temple?

I like your aggressive right wing spirit but not this. When you write material like this it makes me question your fitness for inclusion on this site. Please, by all means, feel free to explain how you justify the promotion of violent physical harm to another human being for merely expressing an (albeit, wrong and stupid) opinion. While you are at it you can also attempt to explain how your comments can be squared with your Scripture tagline...that implies that you have a spirit of "power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control." Do enlighten me.

You Missed it Trap, The "will he burn" Makes the pope not wrong it makes him the devil. The "Heil Mary"=a Nazi.  This from the super born again whose religion is an off shoot of you guessed it Catholics.  But that being said it doesn't mean I agree with the pope in the least.

This isn't the first time he's taken shots and it won't be the last, because when you suffer from his kind of stupidity you learn quickly that it's beyond repair.  In other words you just can't fix stupid.  All he's proving is that he can thump the Bible day and night but all he proves if that it's all it means to him, something to parrot and not practice.

And yes I just got personal.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 12:43:30 AM »
Whether I missed it or not I find both the attitude and the sentiment inappropriate. While we have never had a problem with politically incorrect speech here this goes beyond that. Pushing the envelope is one thing. Ripping it up and setting fire to it is quite another. This comes very close to violating the terms of service. I still await a response to my questions.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.