Author Topic: The Very Strange Case of Sandy Bland  (Read 1294 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
The Very Strange Case of Sandy Bland
« on: July 23, 2015, 10:40:33 AM »
Black female driver, White police officer, altercation, then death by hanging three days later in a Texas jail. What in the hell happened?
Sandra Bland, who was from Naperville, Illinois, was stopped July 10 after coming to Texas to interview for a job at Prairie View A&M University, a historically black college from which she graduated in 2009. The traffic stop for failing to signal a lane change escalated into hostility. She was arrested on a charge of assault of a public servant, accused of kicking the officer, and taken to the Waller County jail in Hempstead, about 60 miles northwest of Houston. She was found dead in her cell July 13.
There was dashcam video of the stop, but there was a problem with the video. The audio apparently was complete. Several 'experts' have determined that the video was 'edited.' To what end, however?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpSEemvwOn4

There is no dispute that Sandy Bland was stopped by the officer, presumable for failing to properly signal a lane change. (You know, the kind of stop a Texas cop makes when the vehicle license tag is from Illinois) Pumped up with the knowledge that the US Justice Department has her back, the motorist was extremely uncooperative, refusing to get out of the car after repeated requests by the cop. She resists and the charges are escalated to Cop Assault.

Three days later, she is found in a cell, dead.

I don't know about any of you, but damned if I'm going to chill in a rural lock-up for three days without getting bailed out. Bail bondsmen are available 24/7.

On her intake questionnaire, she was asked about depression and killing herself. She said on one form, she had attempted suicide once when she lost a baby. These jailhouse custodians may have violated procedure in not putting her on a 15 minute watch, instead of the customary one hour watch.

I'll leave you with her friend's quote:
Bland calmly says she's "still just at a loss for words honestly at this whole process" and wonders, "How did switching lanes with no signal turn into all of this?"

I think I know the answer. Anybody else want to weigh in as to how this minor traffic violation "turned into all this"?

Read more at http://www.wral.com/the-latest-bland-voicemail-from-jail-expresses-disbelief/14790508/#0m6KTfk0twhwuFiI.99

http://www.wral.com/q-a-a-look-at-the-death-of-sandra-bland-in-texas-jail/14789856/
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Re: The Very Strange Case of Sandy Bland
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 10:49:59 AM »
This is pretty good. Filed by a black guy: "Sandra Bland - Too Stupid to Live"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4KhvtN_E0E
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Very Strange Case of Sandy Bland
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 11:27:30 AM »
I think there is stupid everywhere in this story.

But hey, it sounds like to me the tragic end was all family related...nobody wanted to bail her ass out...so I guess she felt it was all over for her...but now instead of bearing the shame of helping their poor relation go over the edge the proper response is to throw the race card out...

Not condoning her actions that led to arrest...nor a cop fishing for an out-of-stater to fund-raise on (an improper lane change? give me a ticket and f**k off!) but she and her family sound like total losers to me...

But the stupid dept not having video monitors on the holding tank...probably gonna get these idiot relatives a payday...

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.