Author Topic: Stingray, DRT "Dirt Boxes", Cellbrite, Kingfisher, Stargrazer, Cyberhawk..oh my!  (Read 4579 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-21/whistleblower-exposes-exactly-how-government-spies-your-cell-phone

I'm almost positive CISA and Cromnibus treachery made everything oh so much worse for freedom and liberty, but hey, few are talking about that, so no big concern, eh?  I mean one of the few people with a concience who voted against Cromnibus is trying to warn people of the dangers of the E-GOP selling out the the Dem's and making the Executive more Imperial, but that is having the effect of screaming at a hurricane, so I doubt anything affecting our future prospects for liberty is even on anybody's radar...and if it is it is more likely as a target than anything worth defending.

The elites are all in lock-step, surely the direction and pace is evident to anybody with common sense...

Resistance is essential (click to enlarge) -

H/T - WRSA - https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2015/12/21/training-opportunities-order-of-the-white-rose/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:44:28 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
H/T - WRSA

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/28/obama-to-trash-president-reagans-restrictions-on-domestic-spying/

Law or not, legal or not...doesn't matter...as far as they are concerned all your data is theirs, period.

Freedumb, can ya feel it?!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Another attempt at full-view backdoor access to cellphones by the Feds...solely for the purpose of buttressing criminal cases without having to reveal other ahh, less than legal means.

http://anonhq.com/we-just-found-out-the-real-reason-the-fbi-wants-a-backdoor-into-the-iphone/

Pretty illustrative of their lust for control eh?  This is more about bullying a provate company into being a vassal of Big Govt as much as anything.  With more willing accomplices it makes the work of Big Govt going about oppressing and controlling every soul from craddle to grave that much easier.

And I reviewed the legal opinions here, the Wiki breakdown of the All Writs Act and the US vs NYTC looks accurate...

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in United States v. New York Telephone Co. 434 U.S. 159 (1977) that the act provided authority for a U.S. District Court to order a telephone company to assist law enforcement officials in installing a device on a rotary phone in order to track the phone numbers dialed on that phone, which was reasonably believed to be used in furtherance of criminal activity. The court established a three-factor test for writs issued under the All Writs Act: the party ordered to perform an action cannot be too far removed from the case, the government's request cannot impose an undue burden on that party, and the party's assistance is necessary.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Writs_Act

To my understanding I would like to see how the Feds request is not imposing an undue burden on any company the Feds are bullying into compliance, how improperly compromised citizen information is not potentially and seriously damaging to an individual first and to a companies image and net worth secondarily when they get their ass hauled into court.  I would also like to see that last point about the party's assistance being necessary nailed down.  Necessary to who, the State?  It is not a citizens problem, nor a problem of the court if the Federal government wants to avoid having to disclose its NADA/Patriot Act anything-goes hoovering license...and neither should they or any private entity be compelled to assist them in avoiding unpleasant questions!  If FedGov is only truly targeting foreign inspired criminal elements...go the fricken FISA Court route and leave us citizens the eff alone!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/19/house-oversight-doj-dhs-have-more-than-400-cell-si/

400 devices...oh, is that all?

With 194 cell-site simulators, the FBI has the most of any of the agencies identified as owning the devices, which often are referred to by brand names including Stingray or Hailstorm.

The U.S. Marshals Service has 70; U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has 59; U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Drug Enforcement Administration each has 33; U.S. Secret Service has 32; the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has 13; the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigations division has two; and the Treasury inspector general has one.

The report does not indicate the specific types of devices the agencies have but lists the costs of the individual devices purchased as $41,000 to $500,000.

Yeah.

You know what I'm thinking?  Ya, why this slipped out?  Something tells me they all got upgrades and disclosing this hurts them not one bit!  In fact, they may want people to know they just upgraded to something even more nefarious!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
NSA...Not Safe Anymore?  Well, not in the sense of privacy, due process...PITA Constitutional stuff!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-13/snowden-slams-obama-after-expanding-unchained-nsa-surveillance-powers-donald-trump

One last head-fake by Barry...blame the Deep State on Trump?  Ya know, only his people are that stupid...the same ones protesting the perceived fascism of Trump who were oblivious to 8 years of Obama fascism...

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
How cute, Chaffetz surprised at FBI bullying into other databases to apply FR software against...

http://iotwreport.com/chaffetz-appalled-to-find-out-fbi-uses-facial-recognition-software-culled-from-databases-not-associated-with-law-enforcement/

...how many others this clueless?

::bus::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
It's like I'm hearing my own voice...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-25/theyre-praetorian-guard-whistleblower-confirms-nsa-targeted-congress-supreme-court-j

Praetorians, they live among us.

And here is one of their puppets popping off against the Command in Chief...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-25/mccain-new-world-order-under-enormous-strain

What a dick!

His butt-buddy Junker chimes in too...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/331215-european-commission-president-president-trump-supporting-brexit-could-lead-to-war/

...take care of your own backyard!

A-hole doesn't even realize he just admited the Euro's are not (nor have ever been) able to handle their own defense from within or without if America isn't there to foot the bill in money and blood!

Eff these clowns!  Time to cut them loose!  If leaving Europe to its own fate is the vehicle to destroy the New World Order then so be it!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:38:08 PM by Libertas »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
The "Hover Hammer" being sighted over NYC.

https://theintercept.com/2017/04/24/nsa-blimp-spied-in-the-united-states/

Sure, everybody in NYC is a suspect...naturally.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
As an electronics hardware and software designer, I have taken keen interest in the Wikileaks disclosure of the CIA's Vault 7 hacking tools. Wikileaks has been dribbling out the details for months now, showing us what the CIA has been developing to, ahem, keep us safe from the bad guys. When I talk with fellow engineers about the possibility that the feds are sucking up every bit of data they can get their packet sniffers on, we all agree it is happening, to an unknown extent. How amazing to now get an actual peek behind the overpriced GSA-schedule gray curtain.

These disclosures are disturbing in multiple ways, for example, that our tax dollars are funding the federal government's hacking of free citizens' lives, all under the premise that they are only targeting criminals and spies. Most commentators find this the greatest outrage.

The most disturbing fact to me, as a tech insider and developer, is that the Swiss cheese computing tools we use today are way more hole than cheese. Vault 7 is evidence of this. There are exploits in Vault 7 for nearly every modern computing platform, operating system, and communications method. Everything connected to the Internet is broken. Everything. Including the device on which you are reading this article.

Sorry for the pessimism, but I'm on the inside of the factory watching this sausage being made and it is not pretty. We are all living this. Many readers are also technology developers and will have in-depth comments on these issues I have only touched on, perhaps with more real-world examples. There are many more facets to this hot mess. Have at it.

Before the bubble pops and destabilizes the house of cards, what can you do to avoid these security problems? Avoid computing where possible. Use cash. Shun social media. Limit online interaction. Limit carrying a cell phone. Do not purchase Internet of Things devices. Disable GPS in your phone and car. Keep a low profile. Delete this article! And don't be a target, because it's as easy for someone to plant incriminating information on your computer as it is for them to read your mail, even seconds before that knock on your door.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/07/vault_7_internet_security_and_your_life_on_display.html

And all across America...the outrage is...where is it?

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
I don't think there is any doubt that they are collecting nearly everything, and sure they could plant data on a computer and charge you wit a crime, but they don't need to. They have passed enough laws that you are guilty of something, if they want to come after you, and even if you aren't? Well,  did you expect justice in a court of law? They can't read the plain words of the Constitution, much less other laws, and you are an evil racist hetero white christian male. These tools just make it easier in certain circumstances, but they aren't necessary to the task. But they have a sorting problem.. they may be able to record nearly everything, but finding the needle they are after in the haystack is much, much harder - and you know there are bureaucracies   in place ( to protect those in power in the deep state from these tools)  and that these centers are staffed by lazy, arrogant liberals.. and as I am sure you have also seen - the average age of your cohorts is dropping and, for the most part, the millennial incompetency factor is growing.

They can't troubleshoot anything on their own, and they are supposed to manage a network collecting information on every person, every where?  Its Atlas Shrugged with a cultural component where people are not just prevented from creating and innovating, they are actively warped by screens and schools to be unable to think.

The time of open war is coming, and I am sure you will have noticed the economic storm clouds have not dissipated. We are about to loose western civilization and make our last stand before the gates of Mordor.

Something may rise from the ashes, but there is no use in getting upset that you can't rely on the trappings of western civilization ( like privacy, rule of law, true, reciprocated  civility and tolerance)  Those things are gone , and survive only in each of us and those we personally know who stand there fighting the tide.. and we will be able to exhibit them less and less as the war moves forward, and hopefully we hold on to  them as what we are fighting for.  Hopefully we still find ourselves able to return General Howe's dog when the time comes.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I don't think there is any doubt that they are collecting nearly everything, and sure they could plant data on a computer and charge you wit a crime, but they don't need to. They have passed enough laws that you are guilty of something, if they want to come after you, and even if you aren't? Well,  did you expect justice in a court of law? They can't read the plain words of the Constitution, much less other laws, and you are an evil racist hetero white christian male. These tools just make it easier in certain circumstances, but they aren't necessary to the task. But they have a sorting problem.. they may be able to record nearly everything, but finding the needle they are after in the haystack is much, much harder - and you know there are bureaucracies   in place ( to protect those in power in the deep state from these tools)  and that these centers are staffed by lazy, arrogant liberals.. and as I am sure you have also seen - the average age of your cohorts is dropping and, for the most part, the millennial incompetency factor is growing.

They can't troubleshoot anything on their own, and they are supposed to manage a network collecting information on every person, every where?  Its Atlas Shrugged with a cultural component where people are not just prevented from creating and innovating, they are actively warped by screens and schools to be unable to think.

The time of open war is coming, and I am sure you will have noticed the economic storm clouds have not dissipated. We are about to loose western civilization and make our last stand before the gates of Mordor.

Something may rise from the ashes, but there is no use in getting upset that you can't rely on the trappings of western civilization ( like privacy, rule of law, true, reciprocated  civility and tolerance)  Those things are gone , and survive only in each of us and those we personally know who stand there fighting the tide.. and we will be able to exhibit them less and less as the war moves forward, and hopefully we hold on to  them as what we are fighting for.  Hopefully we still find ourselves able to return General Howe's dog when the time comes.

My company's senior leadership and much through the ranks is liberal...we actually hire consultants and pay them a sh*tload to come into various departments to teach staff how to communicate and relate with fricken millennial's...just as with new citizens...assimilation to the norm is no longer the aim...forcing others to accept these jacaksses is the aim...effed up and ass-backwards...it is little wonder we are going to sh*t!

And yeah...still nothing done about root causes of any of our ills...only ensuring when the crap does hit the fan the energies released are exponentially greater...

Oh well...

And for Gen. Howe's pooch...well, when food is scarce that beast will be devoured...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Sure, everybody in NYC is a suspect...naturally.

Fixed it for ya.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member

The government can be as incompetent with computers and tech like it is with everything else.   Why?  Because it's stooges in the tech world will do the work for them.    The tech world is overwhelmingly lefty. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

The government can be as incompetent with computers and tech like it is with everything else.   Why?  Because it's stooges in the tech world will do the work for them.    The tech world is overwhelmingly lefty.

But the adoring masses lining up for iCrap fail to care about who is taking away their privacy or why or what they are doing with it...

The very definition of sheep...

The wolves have to be laughing their asses off!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
...we actually hire consultants and pay them a sh*tload to come into various departments to teach staff how to communicate and relate with fricken millennial's...just as with new citizens...assimilation to the norm is no longer the aim...forcing others to accept these jacaksses is the aim...effed up and ass-backwards...

Which is why I had to snort to myself whenever the idea was put forth that once the snowflakes made their ways into 'the real world', they'd be disabused of their illusions of superiority.  Newp; 'the real world' is being adjusted to meet their expectations.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
...we actually hire consultants and pay them a sh*tload to come into various departments to teach staff how to communicate and relate with fricken millennial's...just as with new citizens...assimilation to the norm is no longer the aim...forcing others to accept these jacaksses is the aim...effed up and ass-backwards...

Which is why I had to snort to myself whenever the idea was put forth that once the snowflakes made their ways into 'the real world', they'd be disabused of their illusions of superiority.  Newp; 'the real world' is being adjusted to meet their expectations.

Yeah...and part of me is like "fine, do that crap...I'm not going to pay any attention to it"...but I will enjoy the utter shock and awe when the SHTF and these morons are running around cackling maniacally...

The reality check is coming...it's just being delayed...and like most things delayed the eruption potential magnifies...

I wonder if it will even register then that the guy who just clipped them is laughing his ass off while doing it?

::smallestviolin::