Author Topic: Time for Glenn Beck to go far far away!  (Read 11227 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Time for Glenn Beck to go far far away!
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2016, 11:00:52 AM »
Interesting...

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/09/06/glenn-beck-social-justice-warrior/

...so your saying this E-GOP stooge's little media operation might fold?

...serves the ponce right!

He and his ilk...some openly saying the only way to save the GOP is to vote for Clinton and crush the Trump insurgency...need to rapidly FOAD.

I also read yesterday that Mark Levin finally decided to announce that he will, after all, be voting for Trump.  I guess that's what you do when you lose the bulk of your audience over your NeverTrump tantrums for the past several months.

I will credit the Trump candidacy with one important thing even if it accomplishes nothing else: it has served as a branching point for the separation of factions within the larger "conservative" body, and in so doing exposed just how many people within it were not really on the side we thought they were.  It has also revealed that the smaller, but younger and more innovative Alt-Right is the strain of conservatism that actually knows how to do battle with the Left.  The viciousness of the "old guard" toward the Alt-Right is quite telling.  It tells me everything I need to know about why conservatives never seemed to be able to actually win anything, even when we managed to take control of entire branches of government.

The Alt-Right, I will not even call it conservative any more.  I think the term "restorationist" is more accurate.  It comes with the acceptance that restoring a constitutional republic premised on individual liberty is not something that can be achieved by going backwards against the current (which has been dominated by liberal thought for decades) but instead charting out new paths.

The GOP old guard is finished.  The lashing out from them is like Wile E. Coyote hanging in mid air over the cliff edge, all that remains is for them to look down and realize what gravity does.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2016, 11:41:14 AM »
I also read yesterday that Mark Levin finally decided to announce that he will, after all, be voting for Trump.  I guess that's what you do when you lose the bulk of your audience over your NeverTrump tantrums for the past several months.

I don't know if you've been listening to Levin for a while.  I have been and do.  Podcast every single night. 

He was never NeverTrump; he was and is p.o.'d over a few things about this election, one of them, ironically, that some of the so-called 'Conservative' NeverTrumpers were also virulently NeverCruz; that Trump's views on trade and the minimum wage mirrored those of Bernie Sanders; that Trump holds some favorable opinions about Putin and how he handles things; and his softening stance on illegal aliens.  And it drives him insane when people are willing to brush off or scramble around trying to defend Trump against (what Levin considers) the blatantly obvious, as in 'shades of Obama's willing dupes'.

Levin has always been vehemently NeverHillary, however.

I stopped listening to Beck some time ago, right around the time he and Cruz went to the border with teddy bears.  Which, come to think of it, Levin kinda never brought that up when Cruz was campaigning.

As for me and some of Trump's wavering positions and some of his foot-in-mouthisms, I don't care.  I cannot and will not brush 'em off nor try to defend him.  I just don't care because while the choice may not be binary for individuals, the choice for the country is binary.  It's either Clinton or Trump ...... and that's exactly where Levin came out as well.

Just wanted to clear the record.

To the rest of your post, I say "yes". 

Conservatism is dead, as dead as the GOPe, because it wasn't advanced because it wasn't ...... used ....... and because who the hell wants to conserve what we have now.  Not I. 

I've been reading alt-right sites for a while now but I haven't gotten a firm hold on the age cohort.  Fran Porretto is my age -- over 60 -- but I have no idea how many of us there are.  Are many younger/er?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:44:34 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2016, 11:58:03 AM »
I never believed any Never-Trump allegations against Levin...that's just pooh-tossers in the Never-Trump movement like that ponce beck running off at their mouth mischaracterizing ones legitimate criticisms (which should be fair for any candidate, right?) and spinning it as "he's one of us".  The main reason I believed this is because I believe Mark Levin is a sane and rational person, there is no way he would commit an act that would result in putting a spiteful mentally-impaired (even before her stroke/accident/whatever) Hillary Clinton in office.

I like Pan's term...binary...in the macro sense (the country) cannot long withstand a Hillary Clinton regime...that is the bottom line.

As to the Alt-Right cohort...I would suspect it is spread out but probably weighted more to younger than us...Glock being a younger fella for our community is probably smack in the middle of the demographic if I had to place a wager.  Would be interesting to see the data though.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2016, 12:13:32 PM »
I found this today, and found it interesting ....... and salient.

http://www.amren.com/archives/back-issues/november-1999/#cover

One point:

... A multicultural society is one that is inherently prone to conflict, not harmony. This is why we see a huge growth in government bureaucracies dedicated to resolving disputes along racial and cultural lines. These disputes can never be resolved permanently because the bureaucrats deny one of the major causes: race. This is why there is so much talk of the “multicultural” rather than the more precise “multiracial.” Ever more changes and legislation are introduced to make the host society ever more congenial to racial minorities. This only creates more demands, and encourages the non-shooting war against whites, their civilization, and even the idea of the West.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2016, 12:21:39 PM »
Fran Porretto is my age -- over 60 -- but I have no idea how many of us there are.  Are many younger/er?

Knocking on the door, be there next spring.

Now that I think about it, the vast majority here that I'm familiar with are old farts. ::oldman::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2016, 12:22:53 PM »
I found this today, and found it interesting ....... and salient.

http://www.amren.com/archives/back-issues/november-1999/#cover

One point:

... A multicultural society is one that is inherently prone to conflict, not harmony. This is why we see a huge growth in government bureaucracies dedicated to resolving disputes along racial and cultural lines. These disputes can never be resolved permanently because the bureaucrats deny one of the major causes: race. This is why there is so much talk of the “multicultural” rather than the more precise “multiracial.” Ever more changes and legislation are introduced to make the host society ever more congenial to racial minorities. This only creates more demands, and encourages the non-shooting war against whites, their civilization, and even the idea of the West.

WTF?!  Non-shooting war my ass!  It's going to help guarantee one!!!

::cussing::  idiots!!!

::thinking::  How sorry am I going to be when this ilk is purged?

::smallestviolin::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2016, 12:38:02 PM »
I am happy to be corrected about Levin, because I always enjoyed his work before.  I haven't listened to him in a good while, since before the current election.  However I did read about him making the comment "I'm sorry, I simply cannot vote for Donald Trump" at some point on his show, and it seems like he made this comment even after the primaries were over.  Whatever the case, I certainly prefer having him onboard than off.

ETA - it was actually back in April:  http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/04/08/levin-i-am-not-voting-for-donald-trump-count-me-as-never-trump/

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2016, 02:54:58 PM »
Hunh, I had forgotten that Levin had a hissy fit over Stone and the "I'm not voting for Trump" was the end result.

Okay, put it down to my CRS.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2016, 03:02:14 PM »
Here's a recent Breitbart article covering Levin's about face on Trump: http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/09/06/levin-im-going-to-vote-for-donald-trump/

The comments at that article are where I got the impression Levin had been on a NeverTrump tirade.  I haven't listened to his show, so I don't know how much exaggeration is going on in the comments.  Hopefully he will devote himself to trashing Hillary from now to the election.

I'm reminded of how I lost all respect for Moonbattery.com.  That site was becoming tiresome before the convention, but when they continued with it even after Trump was the official nominee I lost all remaining respect.

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2016, 07:32:59 AM »
It's ironic when a site becomes that which they would normally target.

Moonbats!  Heh!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2016, 09:16:09 AM »
The dickface of the #NeverTrump Establishment crowd surfaces again to make two stunningly incorrect and repulsive statements:

First lady Michelle Obama's speech this week slamming Donald Trump's comments about women was "the most effective political speech since Ronald Reagan," according to right-wing commentator Glenn Beck.

&

“There are people actually believing she is literally the devil. She’s not the devil. We survive,” Beck told Time Magazine earlier this month.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/301161-glenn-beck-michelle-obama-gave-most-effective-political-speech

"Staunch conservative"? 

Right.  Well, we've discussed the shat out of that term, that this douchebag claims to be one proves our point yet again.

::mooning::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2016, 09:58:50 AM »
At least he doesn't try to market himself as a "severe conservative".

::doh::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2016, 10:02:10 AM »
Glenn Beck is just an addict looking for his newest fix.  From alcohol to conservative political commentator to Mormonism to Hillary supporter.  I was done with his Gandhi schtick even when he was still on Fox News.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2016, 10:09:56 AM »
Glenn Beck is just an addict looking for his newest fix.  From alcohol to conservative political commentator to Mormonism to Hillary supporter.  I was done with his Gandhi schtick even when he was still on Fox News.

I agree. The loss of reputation and stature must be staggering to his ego. I can't help but think of the Howard Beale character from the movie "Network" when I see him. And y'all remember what happened to him when he became unprofitable? Sometimes disturbed can be inadvertently funny but depression and mental disorder is rarely entertaining - unless one is as messed us as he is.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2016, 11:48:26 AM »
Who is "glen beck".?.?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2016, 12:31:55 PM »
'Zackly.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2016, 12:48:09 PM »
Just like Obama...every time you try to flush it, this crap comes up...

http://iotwreport.com/glenn-beck-aligns-with-the-left/

Samantha...who?  Nice to see Beck hit rock bottom!   ::hysterical::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2016, 01:21:22 PM »
Oy vey.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2016, 02:48:10 PM »
Beck is redefining rock-bottom.

Sad really.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2016, 10:32:42 PM »
Prediction: within a year, Beck will have a "relapse" of some sort and check into his favorite addiction clinic.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.