Author Topic: Loving the Enemy  (Read 1732 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Loving the Enemy
« on: June 17, 2016, 12:11:33 AM »
I went a bit bonkers in the aftermath of Orlando – particularly when an Apologist (and former Muslim) I no longer follow on Twitter tweeted “Remember to love Muslims despite the doctrine of Jihad” the day after the attacks.

I knew it was wrong – that it was perverse – but didn’t know quite how to express it. So I went on a Twitter rampage, teaming with the Soldiers of Odin, and began slamming limp-wristed Christians for their “love thine enemy” refrains.

This morning, after leaving messages & speaking with several of the pastors in my network, I crated this response, which I’ve posted on my blog:

God has ordained 4 areas of jurisdiction: Individual – Family – The Church and Civil Government.

•   Individually, we are to love our neighbors and our enemies (those who disdain, revile, use & persecute us) – on individual-to-individual basis (e.g. a homosexual neighbor with whom we may see eye-to-eye). We should love & try to get along with an individual Muslim neighbor – but not ALL Muslims as a peoplegroup.

•   Family-wise, we are to protect our family members from enemies or enemy legislation (Obamacare for example) or direct attacks from those who mean us harm or ask us to subvert our Christian views (Transgender people in public restrooms, for example).

•   Church-wise, we are to defend against physical, spiritual & cultural/ideological enemies (the Homosexual lobby or Fundamental Islam) – and clearly not love those movements or the militant organizations which advance those causes.

•   Civil Government: Here we are to realize that God’s Word is no longer the metric for our legislation. We may hate what it stands for and vehemently oppose those who either actively legislate against us or go along to get along (not opposing legislation they know is wrong).

Thus I filter as a Christ-follower, husband, father, church community member, citizen & patriot, bringing various levels of love, concern, activism and at times hatred and/or force to the proper area of jurisdiction according to God’s designation & design for human beings.

That may seem  obvious to some but was to me a real break-open level of understanding & communication with my fellow Christian who thinks “love thine enemy” or “turn the other cheek” means everyone. It doesn’t.

https://apologeticsworkshop.wordpress.com/2016/06/16/love-who/

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Loving the Enemy
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 07:12:31 AM »
The most loving thing I can think of doing for existential enemies is to arrange their meeting with The Almighty.

Any questions?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 08:04:22 AM »
The most loving thing I can think of doing for existential enemies is to arrange their meeting with The Almighty.

Any questions?

I'm down with that & use that phrase often - I struggle on the 1-on-1 level - not going into battle mode with people (sometimes church people) whose opinions differ slightly to greatly - not simply sweeping them into the "group" boat, skewering them & leaving a trail of vitriol in my wake.

Separating it into the groupings, above, helps my thinking process.

Edit: Btw, someone like our current president violates all 4 of the categories above. I'm sometimes am reminded to pray for our president - and my reply is always "Oh I do pray for him...I certainly do..."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:01:35 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 09:11:55 AM »

Any questions?

I'm down with that & use that phrase often - I struggle on the 1-on-1 level - not going into battle mode with people (sometimes church people) whose opinions differ slightly to greatly - not simply sweeping them into the "group" boat, skewering them & leaving a trail of vitriol in my wake.

Separating it into the groupings, above, helps my thinking process.

Edit: Btw, someone like our current president violates all 4 of the categories above. I'm sometimes am reminded to pray for our president - and my reply is always "Oh I do pray for him...I certainly do..."

"may his days be few..."
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.