Author Topic: This is my shocked face: no charges for Hillary  (Read 104992 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
This is my shocked face: no charges for Hillary
« on: July 05, 2016, 11:16:30 AM »
What a shocker!  So the FBI basically just said "she's guilty, but we're not going to recommend charges because we can't prove there was criminal intent."

I might be more angry if I hadn't known from the beginning that there was absolutely zero chance of anything sticking to her.  Even if she was charged and found guilty, the FSA would vote for her anyway.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: This is my shocked face: no charges for Hillary
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 11:19:29 AM »
Not for nuthin', but criminal intent doesn't have to be proven, because it is not required to be in violation of the law in question.

Feh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 11:33:40 AM »
Oh I know.  At best, a lack of criminal intent might be considered a mitigating factor.  But doesn't it just seem so, so curious that this comes immediately on the heels of the AG apologizing for the unusual meeting with Bill and reiterating that she would go with whatever the FBI recommends?

I am not sure what troubles me more, that we have elites who are above the law and know it, or that their fan club sees this not as an embarrassment but rather a cause for gloating and celebration.

This banana republic is unsalvageable.  It's unsalvageable and a growing majority completely approve.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:36:05 AM »
I just got thoroughly thrashed at the freepers for suggesting that there might be a mass exodus from the FBI in the wake of this abomination. Call me naive but I believe that there were agents who pursued this case sincerely and are feeling betrayed right about now.

We will see.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:38:11 AM »
They aren't going anywhere.  That government pension and pseudo-knighthood they have is way more important than "fidelity, bravery, integrity" and whatever other bullsh*t they pretend they are.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 12:30:32 PM »
At best, a lack of criminal intent might be considered a mitigating factor.

No, not according to the Statute, according to Andy McCarthy.

There is no way of getting around this: According to Director James Comey (disclosure: a former colleague and longtime friend of mine), Hillary Clinton checked every box required for a felony violation of Section 793(f) of the federal penal code (Title 18): With lawful access to highly classified information she acted with gross negligence in removing and causing it to be removed it from its proper place of custody, and she transmitted it and caused it to be transmitted to others not authorized to have it, in patent violation of her trust.

Director Comey even conceded that former Secretary Clinton was “extremely careless” and strongly suggested that her recklessness very likely led to communications (her own and those she corresponded with) being intercepted by foreign intelligence services. Yet, Director Comey recommended against prosecution of the law violations he clearly found on the ground that there was no intent to harm the United States. In essence, in order to give Mrs. Clinton a pass, the FBI rewrote the statute, inserting an intent element that Congress did not require. The added intent element, moreover, makes no sense: The point of having a statute that criminalizes gross negligence is to underscore that government officials have a special obligation to safeguard national defense secrets; when they fail to carry out that obligation due to gross negligence, they are guilty of serious wrongdoing. The lack of intent to harm our country is irrelevant. People never intend the bad things that happen due to gross negligence. I would point out, moreover, that there are other statutes that criminalize unlawfully removing and transmitting highly classified information with intent to harm the United States. Being not guilty (and, indeed, not even accused) of Offense B does not absolve a person of guilt on Offense A, which she has committed.

... It seems to me that this is what the FBI has done today. It has told the public that because Mrs. Clinton did not have intent to harm the United States we should not prosecute her on a felony that does not require proof of intent to harm the United States. Meanwhile, although there may have been profound harm to national security caused by her grossly negligent mishandling of classified information, we’ve decided she shouldn’t be prosecuted for grossly negligent mishandling of classified information.

... To my mind, a reasonable prosecutor would ask: Why did Congress criminalize the mishandling of classified information through gross negligence? The answer, obviously, is to prevent harm to national security. So then the reasonable prosecutor asks: Was the statute clearly violated, and if yes, is it likely that Mrs. Clinton’s conduct caused harm to national security?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/437479/fbi-rewrites-federal-law-let-hillary-hook
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 01:04:39 PM »
None of it matters.  The statute may not have allowed for consideration of mitigating or aggravating circumstances, but we live in the era of "the law says as much or as little as we say it does."

It reminds me of a place I used to work.  The ownership was shady, and I got the distinct impression that if they weren't involved in that particular business they'd be at home selling knock-off Gucci handbags out of the trunk of a car somewhere.  Anyhow, any time there was a question of policy or procedure they'd just pull something out of their ass.  One time a guy had submitted an expense report, and they came up with some bizarre reason they wouldn't have to pay it because of some policy.  When asked for the policy, they emailed everyone a hastily written document but failed to sanitize the metadata, which showed it had been written 5 minutes previously.  Our entire "justice" system operates on the same model.

Let's be frank: they get away with this because they have no fear that they will end up gurgling and sh*tting themselves as they dangle from a street lamp.  They have no fear of that because they know most of the population only cares about keeping the government gravy train going, while those of us who do care feel demoralized and impotent.

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 02:00:20 PM »
The FBI??? Do their jobs? Is this the same Obama FBI who vetted the mass murdering terrorist who mowed down 50 Americans in a night club?

Of course she was found not guilty.

I'm sure the guy who gets drunk tonight, kills someone with his car, had no criminal intent. Bet he still goes to jail.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 02:59:27 PM »
Been predicting this for months in the Hildabest thread, the Praetorians work for them, not us...there is going to need to be a lot of gurgling and sh*tting before Liberty is ever regained again.

Trump said the system is rigged, no sh*t, time to declare now "no more!" and start flushing people, agencies and whole departments now or risk full blown civil war.

If officials can be lawless without consequences then anybody else can too.

Here's to invoking "The Founders Recourse"!!!   ::beertoast::
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:07:23 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 03:43:39 PM »
We all knew this would be the result.   But it still sucks.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 03:51:56 PM »
Ironic I live in a country known for it's corruption, but has no problem with jailing Presidents who are corrupt themselves.  Two Presidents have served time, here.  Well, one has been getting medical deferments but time is awaiting.

Unlike the banana republic of America, in which a two tier justice system is now ensconced. 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 04:32:38 PM »
What we have now is the rapid convergence of the State and the Democratic Party.  I needn't mention the historical examples characterized by a merger of Party and State.

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 04:48:26 PM »

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 05:22:48 PM »

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 05:46:49 PM »
 ::upsidedownflag::

If I am kneeling before that sh*t it is because I am dead from lead overdose and a couple Praetorian assholes are propping me that way.

Hopefully the static nature of the encounter avails a compatriot the opportunity to bag a few enemies.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 06:48:14 PM »
And why is the FBI getting to decide whether or not to charge?  That should be up to the US Attorney's office.  The FBI should have presented their findings and left it at that.  This whole thing reeks.

Lynch made too much of a point of stating last week that she was going to follow whatever recommendations the FBI put forth, then lo and behold they "recommend" no charges.  Orchestrated, from start to finish.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 08:49:26 PM »
That duplicitous bitch knew going in that was the end game, period.  Anybody thinking otherwise is clearly a libiot stooge.  And the US Attorneys are political appointees, the corruption is pervasive, insidious and at present unaccountable.  It will only be ended by open rebellion or the lawlessness, corruption and tyranny will continue and get progressively (truly) worse.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 07:32:08 AM »

In the aftermath of the latest memory hole flush of DemonRat criminality...Duh Wun stumps for Hitlery and, well...

http://youtu.be/CIUNfbl_lHY

H/T - http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/uh-uh-uh-obama-turns-stuttering-mess-talking-trump-north-carolina-video/

I don't know what that fool is hitting harder - Reggie or the PCP-laced choom...but it must be the latter causing the neural misfires.

And only a fellow Demon can help cover for another Demon...but it's nice to see Trump responding, this clip is pretty clear in its message:

http://youtu.be/wbkS26PX4rc

H/T - http://www.weaselzippers.us/281589-video-ad-uses-fbi-director-to-skew-hillary-on-lie-about-classified-emails/

Palin responds too -

GOP ?#?NEVERTRUMP? TRAITORS - HILLARY DELIGHTS IN YOU, FOR SHE CAN'T WIN WITHOUT YOU
Ironic, tragic, but not unexpected - amidst America's Independence Day celebrations the Ruling Class put another boot on our neck to snuff liberty's life out of We the People.
It's a farce that "no one is above the law" and my heart goes out to all who've been unjustly accused and destroyed over much lesser crimes than Hillary's.
We MUST redouble efforts to restore the rule of law that had sustained the most exceptional nation on earth, with everyone doing their part:
* Don't put blind faith in any politician, but don't give up on our forefathers' charters of freedom that created a Republic to be governed by and for We the People.
* Teach your children America's foundation built on the rule of law; ensure they understand consequences for their actions, despite our temporary leaders facing no such thing.
* Unite behind those who have no part in the corrupt political machine that would mock, silence and destroy the outsiders committed to serving for the right reasons; oppose all who campaign one way but govern another once they get to Washington and get sucked in to both party establishments that reward and protect their own.
* Get your boots on the ground and work for what you know is right for our country's survival. Don't just preach to the choir - infiltrate and influence outside your comfort zone to empower others to take a stand against the Left's devastating fundamental transformation of America.
Letting Hillary skate today is no surprise when the team she's on has celebrated its administrators pleading the fifth, over and over again, sending messages to America that they're all above the law. From the IRS's Lois Lerner to Hillary herself testifying in front of Congress, they've all told Congress to kiss off, and Congress kissed off.
Today's FBI forgiveness of tyrants' illegal acts illustrate purpose in why I insist Americans rise up and tear down this tyrannical system that is destroying America from within. Truly, you're either with us or you're against us.
Message to all the "Republican" elites throwing in for Hillary, boasting they'll stay home instead of vote because their particular weakened good ol' boy is not the GOP nominee (the R.A.T.s suffering chappedass because their power and purse are threatened by the grassroots movement to destroy their failed politics-as-usual), Hillary thanks you. She knows she can't win without you.
- Sarah Palin

https://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin/posts/10154339125178588

Even the AP sees the FBI/Clinton dissonance...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/281582-ap-fact-check-clinton-email-claims-collapse-under-fbi-probe/

...but the beauty of decades of progressive incrementalism and cultural sewage coupled with E-GOP cowardice and appeasement have created a society that doesn't give a flying f**k when lawlessness and corruption are shoved into their stupid faces!

Well, that isn't true for us...and sooner or later the bill is coming due in a big nasty way!!!

And this...

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231470

...well, whatever.  It had many deaths, what's one more?

And, in what should be an epitaph for Hitlery's run -

Hillary Pledges Four More Years Of Obama’s Work…

::mooning::

Oh, and if those scared little c***s in the GOP had any principles they'd impeach Comey and not stop there!

But oh no...another hill not to die on!  God forbid those chickensh*t bastards get off their dead asses and do anything to prevent outright civil war...nah, I'd let it pass...

All I have to say is this -

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:33:54 AM by Libertas »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 11:21:50 AM »
The new meme:

Too Big To Jail

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2016, 12:00:08 PM »
The new meme:

Too Big To Jail

Sure, that succubus has a fat hideous ass...but I disagree...build a bigger fricken jail!   ::angry::