Author Topic: Man in Finland defends against armed burglars, is ordered to pay them damages  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
This is one illustration of why Europe is being overrun by a more aggressive culture.  These people have been conditioned into literal helplessness and total dependence on the State.  Just in case the conditioning wears off, there are instances like this to reinforce it.  Eloi.  Freaking eloi, the lot of them.

http://www.rt.com/news/352236-jail-finland-court-robbery/

A homeowner in Finland has been sentenced to four years in jail and a hefty fine after fighting off three intruders who attempted to rob his house. The thieves, meanwhile, got lesser prison terms and are to be paid damages by their victim.

In April, a 35-year-old man from Hyvinkää, a town just 50km north of the Finnish capital, Helsinki, heard a knock on the front door of his suburban house and rushed to open it. As soon as he unlocked it, three strangers rushed in and launched at him, toting baseball bats and a gun. The man retreated to the kitchen, where he found a knife and with it was able to overpower the intruders, two men and one woman.

The court spent nearly four months examining the case to come up with the unexpected ruling.

The homeowner has been convicted of “excessive self-defense and attempted manslaughter,” Helsinki news reports. He will serve an unconditional sentence for four years and two months, which he has to spend in prison. The man also has to pay damages to his attackers, with the fine totaling €21,000 (US$23,000). The newspaper does not provide information on the severity of injuries sustained by the home-invaders, however, it is known that they survived the event.

The attackers were also convicted for felony home invasion and assault, yet their punishments are much less harsh.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
f**k that noise!  I think more people have just been identified that need to be culled for the sake of the species!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
In the West, it is no longer acknowledged nor understood that, as natural as breathing, a man's actions to "excessively defend" his home and his life is expected and RIGHT and should be upheld by others.  Now, onlookers find it more reasonable to view the issue through the eyes of the invader.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
The moment someone initiates a violent act of aggression against another person, he has forfeit any expectation of proportionality.  The Europeans get all high and mighty about their principle of proportionality too.  They think it makes them more civilized.  Well what is civilized about a society that puts the victim in jail, and makes the victim pay damages to the aggressor?  They and all the domestic progs in love with euro-statism can take that notion and cram it right up their asses.

The most fundamental principle of justice is "bad people are punished, good people are protected" and this is a total inversion of that.  Sounds to me that SSS is the order of the day in Finland.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Dead men can't testify.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
I just sent the link to a friend who lives nearby for clarification.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
Here are his remarks.

"That’s nothing out of the ordinary here. But the real victim may and hopefully will appeal. After that the result may be more reasonable. And if he appeals, he won’t be doing any time before the appeal court is over. Anyway, he’s most likely a “first-timer” so he won’t be sitting behind bars more than half of his sentence (appeal or not).

Furthermore: I guess his attorney was no good. But then again: he probably paid his attorney himself and the real purps were provided one (or even more).

Funny thing though – if he’d killed the thugs, his fines would have been a lot smaller but the sentence could have been 1-2 years longer. "

That's the EU for you.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Pathetic. EU Statist need hangman's neckties.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Solution: Locate the Judge, isolate him one evening, then torture him, rape him with a broom-stick handle & fire one into the back of his head: cut his penis off & insert it into his mouth.

#NoMoreMrNiceGuy
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.