Author Topic: A.C. comments on the political scene  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: A.C. comments on the political scene
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 05:23:11 PM »
My business allows me to meet and speak to A LOT of military types. Don't think WTSHTF there is not a plan. There's a HUGE difference between a bunch of rioters terrorizing a city, condoned by city leaders, ignored by Washington, and a well armed militia with structure.

The silent majority may get cheated at the ballot box but don't think for a minute what military is left will gather up the gang bangers for a huge military push. This is not the movie "Suicide squad" where the bad guys develop into a unit.

It won't be 3%.

You don't indicate if you think 3%  is high or low, or if you are speaking of the population as a whole or just the veterans and retired LE and ex-military-as-soon-as-an-unconstitutional-order-is-given groups. 

I am betting the total population with military training ( active and retired) is going to side with liberty - but that could e 80%  or 51%.  I suspect that 60-75%  of active duty military will remain - the military having been actively purged of freedom loving people over that past decade, as well as reduced in overall size.. and if tese numbers hold: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/what-percentage-of-americans-have-served-in-the-military/

We have about 7% of the living American population as Vets.  so really our 3% that rebel could very realistically be drawn exclusively from their ranks. .  Now that doesn't make a well trained militia in and by itself, but it means the skill set it there and can be taught.

I do think it is highly likely that the motivated fighters will be on the side of freedom - because its hard to get motivated over killing people for not using the proper and approved pronouns.  Any military left at  the Statist's command will do their duties perfunctorily, and only as much as is necessary to minimize their own personal risk while staying in the good graces of superiors. The left's real army is the anti-white racist crowd, feminists , radical Islamist (foreign and domestic!)  and other groups they have inflamed with imaginary grievances, which gives the government the pretext they need to deploy tier soldiers and initiate a martial law situation...which is what the left wants as the new normal. .  The left is constantly trying to establish a new normal - because "papers please" check-points, licensed journalism, gun control, cashless systems, domestic spying,  etc are "just the things we have to do" now in the same way Japanese internment had to be accepted  ( Don't you know we are at war?)  At some point we reach a bridge too far, and the gloves come off- and the left consistently misinterprets the restraint leading to this point   as cowardice. ( as Treavor163 demonstrates - also note that its an implicit admission that he deserves a good thrashing..)

With every bridge we do cross, and show restraint, the more people join us,  and the more non-violent resistance you will see. People refusing to comply with the administration's bathroom edicts,  paying taxes, or a million other things.  Yeah, you got a court order. Now make us do it. Cut our funding? No more taxes paid to you- people will make checks out directly to the school district or simply home-school. The more they tighten their grip, the more star systems slip through their fingers.  More people will just withdraw from the system. Go ex-pat, go Galt. Go on welfare. And more people will flat out refuse to comply, and dare the government to enforce. Witness the refusal to obey the gun registration and confiscation edicts in New York and Connecticut.    You will note that the left has decided not to call the right's "bluff" that we will resist violently.  The standoff has really already begun, and those are the conflicts where we can win in public opinion -  where people -minding their own business are assaulted on their own property in an attempt to subjugate them.. people who wouldn't have hurt anyone or have gone looking for a fight if the left had not brought it to them..

We will choose restraint  as long as we can withdraw. If they make it impossible to withdraw( Mandatory service for your kid in Obama-Hitlery Youth)  you refuse to comply.  If they attempt to make you comply, defend your rights with violence. This is why  the gun confiscation is almost certain to result in open war - because without a gun, withdrawal and non-compliance are  no longer a viable options.  In the meantime they will generate as much instability as they can , because they never let a crisis they created go to waste.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 07:29:56 AM »
>3%
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline sfetter

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 12:39:16 PM »
Several of what I call the Veterans of this site do an excellent job of bringing home the very unpleasant realities of what a conflict could turn into in the future.  I really hope it doesn't.  But if it ever does there have been may good points brought up which certainly could prove my earlier statements wrong as some have pointed out.  If the worst comes to bear,  I believe many here are right.  The Patriots contained in that 3% will certainly have an advantage in that the left does not have the stomach for a fight unless someone else is doing the killing. And we can be relatively certain that the only guns they will have will be their hired security for the ones in power.

I would like to bring up some things I have been thinking about and have your thoughts.

We have all heard the term - Freedom is not Free.  I believe we have forgotten that.  Certainly humans have a good side but they always have had a very ugly side as well.  And throughout mankind's history there have always been those who would impose them selves on others.  Now we have this attitude these days that we as a society based on liberty and freedom cannot interfere with any other people or society in the world no matter how much they want to destroy us.  Of course this attitude is one which has been purposely put forward in efforts to destroy our freedom and replace it with tyranny.  Unpleasant as it is, we as a nation must rediscover that there will always be people and societies around the world which must be put down or eliminated if they threaten us.  When we do not do that, evil rises up and we have what we have today. 

That is how I feel.  Your Thoughts??

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 02:50:44 PM »
It could be 3%....if based on an 100% scale. We have way too many pussies who will bounce from one side to the other, as they do today, drink from the gov't cup of deception, believe the lies, believe they are winning, hell will believe anything. From the military aspect, 3% is well low. Since the gang bangers will be worried about looting their cities and establishing their "hood", let 'em.  Washington will be too busy attempting to protect them in their safe zones, sanctuary cities, blah, blah, blah. Libs do what libs do.....but at some point, once structure is literally gone in cities, the vermin will venture out into, what I'll call, "the death zone". Our territory. We KNOW the libs will destroy their territory, it's no different than the cities of today. My thought is they will do our job for us to some extent or at least to a point where the pussies will either be dead or understand their error and grow a pair.

Weisshaupt states it much more eloquently than I do, but I believe there will be a, or we will understand the steps or predictability to the downfall and plan accordingly. As a nation, I could see pockets or lines develop, freedom areas if you will. At some point, my hope would be more freedom loving people will overwhelm the pockets of lib la la land and we take back our country.

Now...all this changes if a China or Russia believe they see opportunity.

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 03:25:32 PM »
Now we have this attitude these days that we as a society based on liberty and freedom cannot interfere with any other people or society in the world no matter how much they want to destroy us.  Of course this attitude is one which has been purposely put forward in efforts to destroy our freedom and replace it with tyranny. 

Even the Devil quotes scripture.  "Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules" said Alinsky.  The left has no rules except that the ends justify the means.  If it is in the service of the liberal cause ANY atrocity can be forgiven.  Tey have no rules to live up to.  But they will try to make us to be civil to them, when they are uncivil to us. They will cry "have you no decency?!?" wen they exhibit none.  They will call you racist, or hateful, or sexist, etc, because they want to use your own desire to not be perceived as such a person against you- when they really only care about the perception of their own tribe ( which condones sexism ( Bill Clinton)  or Racism ( Black Lives Matter)  or plain Hate (against, say,  Donald Trump supporters )  when it serves their purpose.

This will continue to happen as long as it continues to work.  Until everyone says, I will be civil to you when you reciprocate, and tell them that as far as you are concerned they have no rights, because they have failed to respect yours, they will continue to use your own civilized behavior against you.  I personally have removed all liberals from my life. I don't help them. I don't break bread with them. I don't do business with them, and I let them know exactly why. I have no need of narcissistic self-righteous sociopaths in my life, and that includes my mother, my father and my sister. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 07:12:58 AM »
Several of what I call the Veterans of this site do an excellent job of bringing home the very unpleasant realities of what a conflict could turn into in the future.  I really hope it doesn't.  But if it ever does there have been may good points brought up which certainly could prove my earlier statements wrong as some have pointed out.  If the worst comes to bear,  I believe many here are right.  The Patriots contained in that 3% will certainly have an advantage in that the left does not have the stomach for a fight unless someone else is doing the killing. And we can be relatively certain that the only guns they will have will be their hired security for the ones in power.

I would like to bring up some things I have been thinking about and have your thoughts.

We have all heard the term - Freedom is not Free.  I believe we have forgotten that.  Certainly humans have a good side but they always have had a very ugly side as well.  And throughout mankind's history there have always been those who would impose them selves on others.  Now we have this attitude these days that we as a society based on liberty and freedom cannot interfere with any other people or society in the world no matter how much they want to destroy us.  Of course this attitude is one which has been purposely put forward in efforts to destroy our freedom and replace it with tyranny.  Unpleasant as it is, we as a nation must rediscover that there will always be people and societies around the world which must be put down or eliminated if they threaten us.  When we do not do that, evil rises up and we have what we have today. 

That is how I feel.  Your Thoughts??

I don't think you are wrong.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, what will happen will happen.  But another thing that gets forgotten is the forces of tyranny and their fragile support apparatus is dependent upon compliance.  As seen in failed tyrannical states of the past, when has any despotic state never been undermined from within (as well as from without when opportunities arise)?  And I am not referring to just active opposition to despotism, the soft opposition is always underestimated and sloughed off as a minor concession to a largely loyal class of serfs...but it does offer more contrast to the inequitable application of subjective oppression that is not lost on the populace at large.  Despots always sow the seeds of their own destruction, it's a matter of when not if, and the transition out of despotism will be as easy or hard as the people want it to be...and I think there is a correlation between the level ignorance and the tension of accumulated hatreds bottled up to the duration and severity of the transition period.  Based upon my own observations and my own understanding of history I think when the SHTF here it will make the breakup of the former Yugoslavia look like an amicable separation in comparison.  I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am.  I also hope I am wrong that certain players (some mentioned above and previously in other related discussions) stay out of it...but I am not confident of that at all.  My two bits FWIW.

Offline sfetter

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 10:37:35 AM »
Thanks guys.  I really appreciate the thoughtful feedback.  I really wish there was a more hopeful outlook.  But with recent events showing that Trump is falling behind, I am going to stick with my prediction of Trump maybe winning the popular vote and HRC taking it thru the electorial college. 

I believe she will be very aggressive from the get go.  Knowing that they have absolute power and no accountability, I believe it will get a lot worse in a hurry.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 05:18:44 PM »
I'm not counting Trump out, as FINALLY, he seems to be starting to act Presidential. 

Not doubt he is capable of flaming out, but he's also capable of winning in a landslide if he can keep his shizzle together.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 10:26:56 PM »
When he speaks like he did today and leaves all the other bullspit alone, the fence sitters will fall his way.

Trump needs a couple of attack dogs. Carville like people to keep the pot stirred in hillarys camp and allow trump to stay above the brawl.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 10:29:27 PM »
When he speaks like he did today and leaves all the other bullspit alone, the fence sitters will fall his way.

Trump needs a couple of attack dogs. Carville like people to keep the pot stirred in hillarys camp and allow trump to stay above the brawl.

+1

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2016, 07:41:25 AM »
Somebody say "brawl"?!   ::whoohoo::