Author Topic: In "progressive Christianity" you can be a pastor even if you're an atheist  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Once again reality is impossible to distinguish from satire.  A congregation of the Canadian United Church has a female pastor who is now openly an atheist.  Absurd as that is, the real absurdity is that the congregation is paralyzed over how to handle this situation.  Their commitment to "inclusiveness" is so broad that they'll accept you if you don't believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ, or even the very concept of divinity of any sort.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/30/inclusive-canadian-church-debates-suitability-atheist-pastor/

It's stuff like this that makes me see where Ann Barnhardt is coming from with her zealous Roman Catholicism.  There are things about the RCC that do not sit right with me, but I do credit them with insisting that some things are absolutely set in stone and inviolable.  The "whose version of Christianity is right?" question dogs me, but stories like this at least reveal whose version is absolutely wrong.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: In "progressive Christianity" you can be a pastor even if you're an atheist
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 12:27:32 PM »
Apostate's.

If they don't know what to do...that is part of the problem.  If they know what to do but it isn't "send this apostate packing"...there is a bigger problem.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.