Author Topic: Philly Police Harass, Threaten to Shoot Man Legally Carrying Gun  (Read 3966 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Found at Instapundit.

I haven't listened to the recording yet.  I'm going to bed soon and don't need to get all wound up.  The article is bad enough.

Philly Police Harass, Threaten to Shoot Man Legally Carrying Gun
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Philly Police Harass, Threaten to Shoot Man Legally Carrying Gun
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 03:43:16 AM »
Yah, best not to listen before bed; it'll only get your BP up to no good.

It's no wonder people hate cops.

Ran across this column by Massad Ayoob last week; the comments were a litany of fear of cops and their power today.  Interestingly, Ayoob responded with something about "cop-haters".

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/2011/04/27/sobering-knowledge-from-cops/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 05:39:55 AM »
Know what is really frightening? Indiana Supreme Court gives cops like this the right to violate the Constitution to enter your home FOR ANY REASON, without a warrant or probable cause.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 06:25:25 AM »
In a Ticker several months ago, Karl Denninger pointed out that when the SHTF, the police will be vastly outnumbered by the feral beasts roaming the streets.  When that happens, they will wish they had law-abiding citizens on their side.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 07:00:13 AM »
In a Ticker several months ago, Karl Denninger pointed out that when the SHTF, the police will be vastly outnumbered by the feral beasts roaming the streets.  When that happens, they will wish they had law-abiding citizens on their side.

Amen, brother!  I know stories like this one in Philly should no longer surprise me...it sure seems that if your a low-life scumbag bastard you get all the breaks and if you're a law-abiding citizen you don't get sh*t for consideration...but these stories sure piss the hell out of me!  When the SHTF I just hope I don't have to fight way through both zombies and police!  But I am not hopefull.  How will LEO's distinguish a fricken zombie from a citizen defending themselves?  They seem to have a hell of a time trying to figure that out now!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 08:30:45 AM »
Know what is really frightening? Indiana Supreme Court gives cops like this the right to violate the Constitution to enter your home FOR ANY REASON, without a warrant or probable cause.

Know what is really, really frightening?  Yesterday,

The Supreme Court, in an 8-1 decision in a Kentucky case, says police officers who loudly knock on a door in search of illegal drugs and then hear sounds suggesting evidence is being destroyed may break down the door and enter without a search warrant.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 08:36:25 AM »
OMG, it's just like on the road, an officer doesn't even have to see an actual infraction to pull you over, he just has to say he saw an infraction!  This country is rapidly losing any semblance to a free Republic!  These SOB's are pushing us in the face!  We need to push back in theirs , HARD!
 ::cussing::
 ::angry::
 ::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »

Insert Jimi Hendix "Crossroads"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 10:57:24 AM »
Has anyone also noticed that you don't see many small or average sized cops anymore ? They're mostly big , brutish , hulking bastards like the SA were in Nazi Germany .

RickZ

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »
Know what is really, really frightening?  Yesterday,

The Supreme Court, in an 8-1 decision in a Kentucky case, says police officers who loudly knock on a door in search of illegal drugs and then hear sounds suggesting evidence is being destroyed may break down the door and enter without a search warrant.
You know what's really, really frightening about the SC case you mentioned?  The lone dissent was Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg!  The world truly is coming to an end.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 11:05:32 AM »

Crapla, I thought y'all were talking about a State Supreme Court.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »

Crapla, I thought y'all were talking about a State Supreme Court.

No.  Far more egregious.

Today is one of those days when the knot in my stomach is giving me a headache.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 07:34:37 PM »
Ok my bad it's bed time and I'm PISSED. ::angry::
I can't afford that much Scotch at this time. ::bashing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow