Author Topic: Drain the Swamp? Jamie Gorelick is Ivanka Trump's Lawyer  (Read 697 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Drain the Swamp? Jamie Gorelick is Ivanka Trump's Lawyer
« on: March 29, 2017, 05:31:55 PM »
Contained as an incidental in the 2nd to the last paragraph in this article about Ivanka Trump becoming a White House staffer is a name you're all familiar with.

When Trump was running in the primaries, I sounded the alarm loudly and often (mostly on facebook) about Trump claiming to be an outsider while in actuality being the consummate insider, merely playing the game from the other end - buying politicians instead of selling political favors.

Now that we have a look at who he's surrounding himself with, I'm more and more convinced I was right. How that will manifest is something we don't know, but we DO know that his daughter has his complete confidence, and now we know that his daughter in turn places HER confidence in the swamp-rat of all swamp-rats - Jamie Gorelick.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/us/politics/ivanka-trump-federal-employee-white-house.html?_r=0
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Drain the Swamp? Jamie Gorelick is Ivanka Trump's Lawyer
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 05:33:39 PM »
Hooking up with the most incompetent government employee in history isn't Trumplike at all.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Drain the Swamp? Jamie Gorelick is Ivanka Trump's Lawyer
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 07:37:44 AM »
Yeah, not a name I like seeing...but...not defending her, but from Trump's point of view...is this not sneaky smart?  I mean she is charged with handling Ivanka's trust...and the D-MC has not been shy about going after all the Trump's and their money...like the Obama's & Clinton's was pure as honey...does having a prominent Dem managing it take the steam out of those rants?

She isn't doing anything administration related...right?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.