Author Topic: the Trump Administration is already a failure  (Read 6212 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
the Trump Administration is already a failure
« on: April 09, 2017, 03:00:59 PM »
This has been quite a week.  I was able to overlook some of the eyebrow raising choices Trump made for his senior staff, but when the Syria bombing occurred it was all too easy to see how it fit into the earlier news of Bannon being pushed out in favor of golden boy Kushner. 

The news seemingly continues to only get worse: https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2017/04/09/of-course-9/

If I'm being honest, at this point I don't think we are going to see any of his main campaign promises even attempted, let alone come to fruition. There's not going to be a wall. There's not going to be any deportations. The system has managed to bring him to heel. The swamp ain't going nowhere, not until its denizens are literally hanged by mobs of the righteously angry.

The part that remains in doubt for me is whether this was his intent all along, or whether he was genuine and got scared straight by the Deep State and its goon squads. We'll probably never know.

This system is irredeemable.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: the Trump Administration is already a failure
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 07:42:58 PM »
I have been a skeptic most of my life...but crap like this is straining that and I may be slipping into pessimism...but having said that if I had to lay money down on a) plan from the start or b) threatened by the DeepState...I think I would have to go with the later if for no other reason than the former presents so much more problems...not just the willing long-term commitment to lie to peoples faces 24/7 but in being able to keep this design from so many close confidants...sure its possible those closest to him like his own daughter could "in on it" but it has always been my experience that conspiracies are harder to keep a hold of if they are either too large and present containment failures or too small and lack the benefits of scale (like proper cleanup crews)...plus option "b'" fits the statist SOP template much better.  That and it tends to get support from the goal of the entire Russia meme, which in itself being wrong is beside the point since it was never meant to be right but rather meant only to be a distraction from the mendacious depth of the shadow government to corrupt even an outsider and turn them...if not entirely into their puppet...into enough of their puppet to make sure their agenda remains preeminent.

Yes, it is quite possible, even inescapably likely we are well and truly fvcked...but then again...the point of putting Trump in office, an outsider, and still this level of control can be exerted upon him illustrates the nature of the beast we face in more stark terms, does it not?

If the usual milquetoast candidate or demonrat-du-juor was installed the puppetmasters would have remained more hidden to people.

In the end this is perhaps the best it, whatever it is, was going to be.

Latter Day America...

Now more people are realizing what it must have felt like in Rome before the barbarians ended the charade...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 07:48:00 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 05:44:06 PM »
This whole thing pisses me off to no end. The GOP won a majority for a reason. Trump was elected for a reason. Now none of that seems to matter. WTF????????????
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 07:19:11 AM »
Pop a cold one...watch the show...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »
Honestly right now I feel like Hillary may as well have won.  Or ¡Jeb!

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 08:52:00 AM »
There is now a NY Post interview with Trump where he refuses to state outright that Bannon has his confidence. His answers were very cagey. It seemed a lot like a mafioso kissing someone on the cheek.

Bannon will be gone by the end of the week.  That's the final straw for me.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 11:25:25 AM »
Yeah...that crap about Bannon "coming on late" not part of the full victory...

WTF?!

Pure suicide...

Oh well, you want to side with statists over Liberty-centric folks...you sink with that side...simple as that.

It's hard for me to get to wound up over all this...I expect so little of Latter Day types that it hard to become truly disappointed...annoyed...pissed at times...but never surprised...I just don't get that invested in things which I don't have much if any control...

Welcome to the end my friend...

I heard that phrase somewhere...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 07:02:42 PM »
  I think that something is going on on the inside that we can't see. There seem to be a lot of balls in the air and nobody knows where they land.  I'm going to wait it out beyond 100 days.  I don't even know what or who came up with this 100 day crap. 

So far all I see id Trump cleaning up a mess Obama left, a conservative justice in place, a despot getting what should have been done by the spineless Obama, establishment dems and pubbies trying hard to stick it to him, a MSM that hasn't stopped even to take a breath yet.

And a cabinet that isn't in place yet, other than that he sucks.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 06:43:41 AM »
Heh.  Yeah, that "mixed bag" I've mentioned before...but to G's point...I just never saw this level of caving in to the Establishment or so soon...whatever leverage they found, they used...

BTW, that 100 day BS goes back to some obscure quip by FDR that presstitutes ran with...supposed "optimal power" zone of newly minted leaders...it's all BS.  And like everything in the D-MC it has two meanings - a time of triumph for a new libiot leader and a time to full-court press anybody else as a means of derailing their agenda...if they succeed in the latter then regardless what follows that presidency is perpetually referred to as a "failure"...

That the D-MC is gleefully reporting Trump's "centrist" maturation does not bode well for folks like us who are, perhaps not naively hopeful, hopeful enough to think there wouldn't be such a swift abandonment of pre-election positions...

The "mixed bag" is bulging more toward one direction of late...and it isn't toward us.

And at a time when he should be using the bully-pulpit against those feckless stooges in an ever-increasingly distrusted Congress...he instead seems to be playing right into their hands...

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:52:42 AM by Libertas »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 11:27:41 AM »
He's reversing himself on virtually everything.  Now China is not a currency manipulator.  Now NATO is not an obsolete burden on America.  What happened to "crooked Hillary" needing to be in jail?

Now that he's getting praise from the establishment, it will only hasten his jettisoning of our interests.  We're no longer needed.  The Deep State isn't winning, it's already won.  The American people are not allowed to have any influence over government.

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 09:22:35 PM »
He's reversing himself on virtually everything.  Now China is not a currency manipulator.  Now NATO is not an obsolete burden on America.  What happened to "crooked Hillary" needing to be in jail?

Now that he's getting praise from the establishment, it will only hasten his jettisoning of our interests.  We're no longer needed.  The Deep State isn't winning, it's already won.  The American people are not allowed to have any influence over government.

China is turning back coal ships from North Korea and NATO is paying their way and stepping up defence spending.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 06:52:42 AM »
But at what cost John?

What in the China deal are we not seeing?

Why are we fighting any of Europe's wars?  Why is Turkey in NATO...or we with it with them in it?

What the heck is this [pathetic crap?  That place should be a parking lot, period!

And throwing Bannon for the likes of this Cohn commie and Kushner and Powell?  HTF does that benefit us?  How if this madness is true does this benefit us?

In Cost-Benefit terms...is our Liberty and all that that entails improved, about the same or worse?

I would argue only marginal above Obama/Clinton...probably not any better or perhaps slightly worse than under W.

Is that "good enough"?  Perhaps for some, probably not for most...and even the most optimistic have to concede that if we are no better than treading water...that the status quo benefits the forces arrayed against us.

Maybe this will tilt back a better direction months from now...but I wouldn't expect much...

As I said many times already...the Trump Admin has exposed the depth of the Deep State's influence...as far as I am concerned that may be its sole accomplishment.

From our perspective nothing material has changed...we remain constant - hoping for the best, planning for the worst...and going about our lives and managing those things we have control of and ignoring those we don't.

Live Free my friends.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 07:08:28 AM by Libertas »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2017, 10:23:16 AM »
Here's a little something I saw over at the Freepers:

The Rules Of Trump Club

April 13, 2017 by CH

The first rule of Trump Club is: Don’t believe anything the Leftstream Media reports about him.

The second rule of Trump Club is: DON’T BELIEVE ANYTHING the Leftstream Media reports about him.

The third rule of Trump Club is: Check Trump’s Twitter for news about his Presidency. Bypass the leftoid gatekeepers.

The fourth rule of Trump Club is: Trust Trump’s instincts. He wrote “Art of the Deal’; understand he will do some deal-making as President that won’t mean selling his supporters down the river.

The fifth rule of Trump Club is: Don’t expect Trump to govern like a Democreep or a Recucklican. He is a Jacksonian paradigm shift.

The sixth rule of Trump Club is: Be patient. The man has enemies on all sides. The war for national sovereignty against the Globohomo Bathhouse Alliance won’t be won overnight.

The seventh rule of Trump Club is: Trust YOUR instincts, and stay loyal to Trump. The media wants to sow dissension within Trump’s ranks and among his supporters. Refuse to take their bait. This doesn’t mean criticizing Trump is off-limits, but abandoning him to the jackals every time he makes a trivial move that violates some arcane alt-tenet will betray you, not Trump, as the untrustworthy party.

The eighth rule of Trump Club is: This is our first term in Trump Club. We have to fight.

https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2017/04/13/the-rules-of-trump-club/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 11:19:29 AM »
Yeah...sure...all that obvious low-hanging fruit is what it is...obvious low-hanging fruit...where's the beef?  It's ignoring those he has surrounded himself with, positions he's changed...and nation-building he's reversed course on.  ?

But the "Trump Club" "Fight Club" analogy is clever...and this "The war for national sovereignty against the Globohomo Bathhouse Alliance won’t be won overnight." is hilarious!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »
Ann goes off on Ivanka...

http://www.barnhardt.biz/2017/04/10/abu-ivanka-and-their-women-have-ruled-over-them/

...aside from some leftist tendencies and renunciation of Catholicism...

...it should still be Donald calling the shots...

...his issues are his issues...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 05:21:09 PM »
I don't want national policy being set by pictures that make Ivanka hurt in her feelz.  I don't recall electing her, or her Ivy League blazer-wearing husband to anything.

I've lost patience with the "he's playing three dimensional chess!" explanation.  I think my attitude has soured because he reversed himself on so many positions in such a rapid time frame that it points to nefarious influences within the West Wing.  Or that he's been outright threatened.  Either way it's not good.

I don't really care about dead Syrian babies.  I care about dead Kate Steinles.

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 08:34:58 AM »
I don't want national policy being set by pictures that make Ivanka hurt in her feelz.  I don't recall electing her, or her Ivy League blazer-wearing husband to anything.

I've lost patience with the "he's playing three dimensional chess!" explanation.  I think my attitude has soured because he reversed himself on so many positions in such a rapid time frame that it points to nefarious influences within the West Wing.  Or that he's been outright threatened.  Either way it's not good.

I don't really care about dead Syrian babies.  I care about dead Kate Steinles.

At for the babies the nationality of the babies means nothing to me either. But babies are babies and nobody should be targeting babies let alone with chemicals. But if that is the key to bombing the hell out of Assad  it should be used and used to it's full benefit to justify our actions.  Kate hasn't been abandoned by  the White house there has been no moves to stop the wall or dumping illegals. Bids are being solicited for the wall and is going forward as we speak.

Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 12:08:43 PM »
FWIW - It's always the better policy to invest in ones self than in others who are not always trustworthy.

Time will tell on Mr Trump, he has to be responsible for his actions whatever they may be and however they are motivated.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 05:52:45 PM »
There are so many problems with the US today,  no matter what Trump does, it's probably not going to be enough to halt the decline.    The job is just that huge.   

Just the reality of not being able to remove Obamacare,  will make the job of trying to kick start the economy nearly impossible.    It's such a huge roadblock to any economic activity today.   It just sits there and smothers every idea there is.   You can't even think about a business that has low margins,  you can't make any money.     The money just goes back out so fast, you can't keep up,  let alone even make a living. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 07:00:29 AM »
L.I.B.