Author Topic: Los Angeles Police Union: We stand with SEIU & moveon.org  (Read 7924 times)

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
  • "You can run, but you'll just die tired!"
Re: Los Angeles Police Union: We stand with SEIU & moveon.org
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 10:32:14 AM »
I realize this is the union heads speaking.......on behalf of the police force? I'd like to know how the rank and file officers feel about the edict to back liberal organizations.

I had that thought too. Surely there'll be police officers who indeed see a threat to public unions as a threat to themselves. But I'd like to know how and in what numbers cops differ with union bosses.

As a retired LEO, this kind of talk from union thugs disgusts me.  My agency was prohibited by statute from unionizing, an act I heartily encourage.  Most rank and file street cops really don't care what their shop stewards or union officials say.  They are only concerned with getting the best pay and benefit package the union can negotiate.  There are many departments that are represented by the Fraternal Order of Police.  This is not a union per se, but they act as a bargaining agent. 

Police departments like any other organizations, have about 10% of their people that are complete jackasses and on the shallow end of the gene pool.  Unfortunately, these are the people the public tends to see as representive of an entire group.  I would hope that my brothers in blue do not follow along with this union BS, and uphold thier oaths.

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 10:37:02 AM »
I would hope that my brothers in blue do not follow along with this union BS, and uphold their oaths.[/color]

As do we all pray, they remember who to "protect and serve".
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »
The only state chartered law enforcement entity the Governor has under his command are the state troopers, correct?  Maybe some others like a state bureau of investigation etc he could use as reserves...if they do not answer to the chain of command...well...

Calling out the National Guard is looking not so far-fetched after all...eh?

Put the image of national guard troops dragging out those bums and we lose the argument.It's almost over we wait and get it done.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 10:53:01 AM »
The only state chartered law enforcement entity the Governor has under his command are the state troopers, correct?  Maybe some others like a state bureau of investigation etc he could use as reserves...if they do not answer to the chain of command...well...

Calling out the National Guard is looking not so far-fetched after all...eh?

Put the image of national guard troops dragging out those bums and we lose the argument.It's almost over we wait and get it done.

Exactly.  I was at Ann Althouse's site yesterday and between what she wrote and information in the comments, it appears the plan is to keep the doors locked - the majority of the rabble did leave voluntarily - permitting ingress only to those with legitimate business; no additional protesters will be allowed in with supplies either.  So, it appears the rest will eventually dribble out -- finished with a whimper, not a bang.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2011, 11:55:50 AM »
So, cooler heads prevailing, eh?  I'm such a hardass...but that's OK.  I take it to mean that they blinked first then.  May that always be the case.    ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 12:39:29 PM »
So, cooler heads prevailing, eh?  I'm such a hardass...but that's OK.  I take it to mean that they blinked first then.  May that always be the case.    ;)

If the governor keeps his cool he can't lose and by extension the taxpayers win too and it frees the people held captive by union thugs.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 01:00:06 PM »
The MSM is busily spinning polls that allegedly show majority public sentiment behind the crybabies. Yeah, I guess that's why a Republican Governor and legislature was elected in November on just this agenda.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 01:17:03 PM »
Golly G, don't ya see the MFM headlines?  The people didn't ask for this!  Honest, this is what the MFM is saying, you trust the MFM don't ya?!  ::barf::

Ya, me neither.  And not so many in WI or anywhere else for that matter...they all really over-played their hand, didn't they.

Now I hear the Republican leader has approached some of the exiles...I think one will be coming back soon...if the Governor is forced to make layoffs people will see it largely as the result of Dem's running from their responsibilities...they're feeling the pinch.  I would like to pinch harder.  Defeat is costly, running away and still losing, that should hurt more!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.