Author Topic: Hip Hop "artist" slaps photographer  (Read 982 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Hip Hop "artist" slaps photographer
« on: October 31, 2011, 03:14:46 PM »
http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/local-news/hip-hop-artist-slaps-female-photographer-at-voodoo-music-festival

NEW ORLEANS, LA (NBC33) — An incident in the final hours of a three day music festival in New Orleans shocked fans, as well as organizers of the festival.

The hip hop collective Odd Future performed at the Voodoo Experience just before 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 30. The group is based out of California and is known for its use of extreme explicit language and graphic lyrics that often depict violence against women. The imagery, however, became all too real at this performance.

The show got heated at the close of the first song when the lead vocalist known by his stage name, Tyler the Creator, 20, began addressing the crowd about his disliking for photographers. In his explanation he says that the barricaded area where the photographers work is not fair to the fans. Other members of the group backed up his words.

Vyron Turner, aka “Left Brain,” got physical with the less than two-dozen photographers in the pit area. He slung water at them, and then pushed and kicked cameras. The truly shocking moment was when he slapped freelance professional photographer Amy Harris across her face, knocking her camera to the ground.
“I have worked many shows before, and I’ve had to deal with a band flinging water at the photographers, but I never expected this to happen,” Harris told NBC33 News shortly after the incident occurred. “In the pit, the male to female ratio is about 20 to 1. There were way more men in that pit than women.”

Harris had a prearranged interview scheduled directly after the Odd Future show with festival CEO Steven Rehage. Harris informed Rehage of the incident and Harris says he immediately addressed the situation.

Harris declined the option to contact Police to file charges of assault. She also says her equipment was not damaged during the incident.

Odd Future was not available for comment.

The Voodoo Experience is held annually since 1999 in New Orleans' City Park over Halloween Weekend. Although its primarily considered a rock festival, the roster of musical acts includes everything from funk, electronic, and hip hop.

So this piece of trash feels he has to pick a woman out of the crowd to slap and she enables him by not filing charges??? And the Promoter addressed the situation how?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Hip Hop "artist" slaps photographer
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 03:17:17 PM »
Disgusting pigs doing what disgusting pigs do.

And she needs a kick in the butt for not filing charges.  Or maybe she's worried about that affecting future work.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 03:25:20 PM »
20 men and 1 woman.....and no one stood up for her? That show would have ended right then, right there.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 03:40:05 PM »
When your 1 in a 1000, amongst untalented trash, you have to do something to stick out.  F*** the police just doesn't cut it, anymore.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »
So where is the N.A.G.S.(NOW) or anybody else to come to the defense of this poor defenseless woman? Oh that's right he is part of the protected class. ::gaah::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 04:53:31 PM »
This article is absolutely preposterous!

Outrageous even!

Everyone knows there is no such thing as a 'hip-hop artist'. Saying 'hip-hop' is artistic is like saying Obama loves America! 

;D
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 07:10:22 AM »
"Hip-Hop" is the primary cultural driver of the justification of ghetto trash as a legitimate cultural expression. In the minds of Blacks and those who seek to foster them, Hip-Hop glorifies crime as an antidote to poverty, child abandonment, female promiscuity and single motherhood, drugs, Afro-centrism, anti-White racism, and entitlement. In other words, it is a metaphor for liberalism that cynically uses identification with skin color to promote liberal self-destruction.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 08:04:28 AM »
Was this a case of trash-on-trash crime?

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.