Author Topic: Jacksonville NC Police Ban Pro-Lifers from City Sidewalk 'In Case Car Jumps Curb  (Read 2013 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Filed under Abortion, Constitution, Law, and stupid Pet tricks! ::gaah::

"This has got to be one of the dumbest and lamest excuses for passing a city ordinance I’ve seen in a long time.

The city of Jacksonville, NC has passed an ordinance requiring pro-lifers in groups as small as 2 people to obtain a permit in order to pray outside the local abortion clinic.  When Dr Bartolo and other pro-lifers gathered on the public sidewalk in front of the abortion clinic, the police asked them to move and sited the ordinance.

When asked to justify the ordinance, the police chief cited safety concerns in case a car ran off the street, jumped the curb and hit one of the protesters.

That makes as much sense as the city ordinance in Ft. Huachuca, Arizona that states it is illegal to shoot a buffalo on city streets.  Not only are there no buffalo in or around Ft Huachuca but there never have been.

Peter Breen, spokesman for the Thomas More Society, said that their organization has filed a lawsuit against the city for the violation of the group’s First Amendment rights to free speech and their right to peaceably gather.   In his comments, Breen stated,"

Read more: Jacksonville NC Police Ban Pro-Lifers from City Sidewalk ‘In Case Car Jumps Curb’ | Godfather Politics http://godfatherpolitics.com/1913/jacksonville-nc-police-ban-pro-lifers-from-city-sidewalk-in-case-car-jumps-curb/#ixzz1d92oWvMb

hydrogen bomb explosion think that is a little harsh? ::saywhat::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I ban dumbasses from trashing my constitutional rights, lest I take up arms and smite the usurping bastards!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
I ban dumbasses from trashing my constitutional rights, lest I take up arms and smite the usurping bastards!

A little smiting never hurt anybody!  ::beertoast::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel

A little smiting never hurt anybody!  ::beertoast::

Unless you're on the receiving end....... ::evil::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Talk about a slam dunk for a not so bright lawyer to make a name for himself.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
No doubt as the OWS protests somewhere in Jacksonville....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.