Author Topic: Rededicated to Preparedness  (Read 4355 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Rededicated to Preparedness
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »

Gyros!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 03:20:30 PM »
MMmmmmm!!!!   ;D

My B.I.L. raised wabbits as a youth, will have to ask about that.  Mmmmm, wabbit stew!

Kill The Wabbit
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 03:23:03 PM »
I have cursorily looked at goats.
Only ate it once and I would have to acquire a taste. And I've heard keeping them in can be a challenge.

There was a lady on Coast2coastam a short while back on prepping and she was big on rabbits.
backyardfoodproduction.com
Her thing was fast reproduction, small area and easy to feed. And pellets for good fertilizer.
We had a few rabbits when I was a kid for a short while

I will be investigating the seep.  One spot probably wasn't runoff, others may be

Check around you for feed companies. Not feed stores people that actually produce animal feeds. We found one in driving distance and bought the stuff in half ton lots and it drove the cost of keeping the animals way down.

We built a small shed frame and used wire fencing for the walls and to protect the investment.they all had cages and the females we added nesting boxesPop had 8 females and two studs and that was enough for himself and the rest of the family.

We made heaters for the nesting boxes using painters lights screwed to the bottoms and fifty watt bulbs so if there were winter litters we turned on the heat for the little meals to be.The droppings all went into the garden.The studs got loaned out or swapped out so the bloodline was kept up. The oddly bigger babies were kept as future studs for friends and the females for breedind. 90 they weighed in at over 7 pounds and that rang the dinner bell.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie