Author Topic: Freshman to vote no on GOP short term budget fix  (Read 1138 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Freshman to vote no on GOP short term budget fix
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:53:25 PM »
Allen West voted yes on the last extension but said a few days ago he’ll vote no on this one ...

.... other freshmen like Mike Lee in the Senate and Tim Huelskamp and Jeff Duncan in the House will join him. It’s not just freshmen, either: Jim Jordan, the new chair of the Republican Study Committee, said today he’ll vote no, partly because the short-term bill says nothing about defunding Planned Parenthood.

From Marco Rubio:

Running our government on the fumes of borrowed spending is unacceptable, short-sighted and dangerous. I commend the efforts of House and Senate Republican leaders to deal with this, but I did not come to the U.S. Senate to be part of some absurd political theatre.

I will no longer support short-term budget plans. While attempts at new spending reductions are commendable, we simply can no longer afford to nickel-and-dime our way out of the dangerous debt America has amassed. It is time our leaders in Washington wake up and realize that we are headed for a debt disaster.

Read the rest.  Allahpundit opines the R's are setting themselves up for a split, giving leverage to the enemy.  I'm not a good political strategist and I don't know if his potential conclusions are valid, but it seems to me those standing firm are well aware there's very little to lose at this point.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Freshman to vote no on GOP short term budget fix
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:39:14 PM »
Yeah, not caring what comes pouring out of that recepticle of bile Chuck U Schumer, maybe the MFM will get thier jollies touting his bullsplatter...not many else will pay any attention.

Besides, isn't the GOP leadership getting a thumping a good thing?  If they don't get the message we're tired of this sh*t early on, we might as well know that now, not later, right?

I say this is a good test vote to get them to get with the program or be relegated to the ash heap of history with the proglodytes.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »

It's time to split. The relics would not read the memos, they won't read the last election, they will never represent us, it's time for a split.

McConnell & Boehner & Partners LLP,  here's the  NYT headline - YOU'RE FIRED!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 07:33:05 PM »
Rush said it plain as day today when a caller asked him what the Tea Party would do if the Repub's fail, he said in effect they (they as in plural, there is no single Tea Party leader, no traditional party hierarchy, which he correctly says it what infuriates the Ruling Class Repub's) will not put up with it, they will go their own way and the GOP will collapse since all it will comprise is the Ruling Class failures of the past.  I am still not convinces the present leadership, despite the gains they made with the fricken help of the Tea Party (they would NOT be in power without it!), I hope I am wrong, but I fear I am not.  They seem to just not GET IT!
 ::gaah::

They cannot take the Tea Party conservatives for granted like they did the conservatives in the GOP year after year, election after election!

If they fail, it is all on them, and nobody else, period!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.