Author Topic: East coast refineries closing  (Read 1364 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
East coast refineries closing
« on: April 13, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »
Due to lack of demand.

The US story is echoed throughout the west. Oil demand in Europe contracted by 320,000 b/d last year, the IEA says. Emerging-world demand more than offset these falls, led by countries that Barclays has nicknamed “Bics” – Brazil, India, China and Saudi Arabia. In the past five years their oil demand has grown by 5.1m b/d, while demand everywhere else has declined by 1.4m b/d, says Paul Horsnell, head of commodities research at the UK-based bank.

The article goes on to say BICS are getting NEW refineries. We could build new refineries here, export the gas, and keep the jobs.........BUT NOOOOOO! Thanks, EPA! ::rockets::

Anyway, this explains (partly) why gas prices are so high when the economy is in the tank.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: East coast refineries closing
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »
Good Lord. One would think the opposition to this regime and its bureaucracies would be so stiff based on energy policy alone, that they could never hope to hold power again. The fact that electoral politics yields a roughly 50/50 split indicates a deep problem in our national thinking.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 02:13:19 PM »
I can here Unca Sugah now...

"Sheee-it, ain't no thang!"

::falldownshocked::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 10:09:30 PM »
The fact that electoral politics yields a roughly 50/50 split indicates a deep problem in our national thinking.

The sheeple are speaking............in volumes. ::effu::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson