Author Topic: So, How's That Chevy Volt Thing Working Out?  (Read 4192 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: So, How's That Chevy Volt Thing Working Out?
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 09:57:48 AM »
And guess who will be picking up the tab when all those Volts quickly go out of service, and all the heavy metals (mined and refined in China, with zero regard for environmental safety btw) and toxic chemicals in those batteries has to be disposed of?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 12:48:25 PM »
I remember reading a couple years ago that a disproportionate number of the overall fleet of Volts manufactured were purchased by government. I'd love to see that final percentage once its all said and done.
I bet the govt is selling them off to. 'm seeing more and more of them on the road where I haven't before.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2015, 07:20:33 PM »
I remember reading a couple years ago that a disproportionate number of the overall fleet of Volts manufactured were purchased by government. I'd love to see that final percentage once its all said and done.
I bet the govt is selling them off to. 'm seeing more and more of them on the road where I haven't before.

The US gov. bought 70 % of them. what happens to them I have no idea.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 06:43:13 AM »
What percentage of those in government hands are actual used for more than lot decoration?  What is the cost (ha! like they even know or want to!) of maintaining them?  What the hell are they going to do with them after they don't even want them anymore?  Actually, that last one I think I know...they'll auction them off to the public and let them deal with the high cost of maintenance and toxic waste disposal...and sic the EPA on their asses if they fail to do it right, right?

Taxpayers always get it, and they always get it more than once!!!   ::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 06:20:49 AM »
What percentage of those in government hands are actual used for more than lot decoration?  What is the cost (ha! like they even know or want to!) of maintaining them?  What the hell are they going to do with them after they don't even want them anymore?  Actually, that last one I think I know...they'll auction them off to the public and let them deal with the high cost of maintenance and toxic waste disposal...and sic the EPA on their asses if they fail to do it right, right?

There isn't much as far as maintenance cause they are still under factory coverage which is 8 year 100K miles for the battery and 5 year 100K drive train. once those are up only God know where it all ends up. I figure they will dump them or park them someplace out of sight and leave them there till the world ends.

This will give you a warm fuzzy feeling??

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/25/hundreds-of-5-year-old-municipal-vehicles-found-in-miami-that-we/
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 07:08:30 AM »

There isn't much as far as maintenance cause they are still under factory coverage which is 8 year 100K miles for the battery and 5 year 100K drive train. once those are up only God know where it all ends up. I figure they will dump them or park them someplace out of sight and leave them there till the world ends.

This will give you a warm fuzzy feeling??

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/25/hundreds-of-5-year-old-municipal-vehicles-found-in-miami-that-we/

Dade County, figures.  As I understand it that former honcho down there probably learned all about corruption and exploitation working for the PoPo there before becoming Mayor...

Another clear cut example where people need to be publically tried and strung up...

Oh well...we'll get there one way or the other...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 06:05:56 PM »
  Nobody knows how much the sob made on the Toyota deal.
 Filippo Mazzie