Author Topic: Backdoor amnesty fades in importance as frontdoor amnesty ascends  (Read 30136 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Backdoor amnesty fades in importance as frontdoor amnesty ascends
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 12:47:49 PM »

Obama's visiting Mexico; selling amnesty to Mexicans.
Says America needs Mexico to have a vibrant economy.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/obama-pitch-immigration-overhaul-mexico

ETA: correction - per Huffington Post the image is from May Day celebrations in Costa Rica
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:41:27 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 07:27:25 PM »
Maybe the cartel will take care of our problem.  ::stirpot::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2013, 12:34:41 PM »

Read all of Obama's campaign speech at WSJ.
In the United States, we recognize our responsibilities as well.  We understand that the root cause of much of the violence here—and so much suffering for many Mexicans— is the demand for illegal drugs, including in the United States.
We recognize that most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States.
We recognize our responsibility—as a nation that believes that all people are created equal—to treat one another with dignity and respect. This includes recognizing how the United States has been strengthened by the extraordinary contributions of immigrants from Mexico and by Americans of Mexican heritage.
Mexican Americans enrich our communities, including my hometown of Chicago,
We’re grateful to Mexican Americans in every segment of our society—for teaching our children, running our companies, serving with honor in our military, making breakthroughs in science, and standing up for social justice.
Our shared future is one of the reasons that we in the United States also recognize the need to reform our immigration system.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 04:42:07 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/08/new-white-house-amnesty-campaign-unless-youre-a-native-american-you-came-from-someplace-else/comment-page-1/#comments

Uh, no, asshole; most of us were BORN HERE.

I am so done with the "we're a nation of immigrants" baloney.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 05:32:43 PM »

Read all of Obama's campaign speech at WSJ.
In the United States, we recognize our responsibilities as well.  We understand that the root cause of much of the violence here—and so much suffering for many Mexicans— is the demand for illegal drugs, including in the United States.
We recognize that most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States.
We recognize our responsibility—as a nation that believes that all people are created equal—to treat one another with dignity and respect. This includes recognizing how the United States has been strengthened by the extraordinary contributions of immigrants from Mexico and by Americans of Mexican heritage.
Mexican Americans enrich our communities, including my hometown of Chicago,
We’re grateful to Mexican Americans in every segment of our society—for teaching our children, running our companies, serving with honor in our military, making breakthroughs in science, and standing up for social justice.
Our shared future is one of the reasons that we in the United States also recognize the need to reform our immigration system.

::puke:: ::mooning:: ::falldownshocked:: When I thought I couldn't possiblly get any angrier.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 05:43:43 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/08/new-white-house-amnesty-campaign-unless-youre-a-native-american-you-came-from-someplace-else/comment-page-1/#comments

And where did the "natives" come from? They didn't materialize in the Americas out of nothing. They came from Siberia, and there were already human beings here when they arrived. So why is it that group of invaders somehow has sole claim on native status, but anyone whose European ancestors came here centuries ago is treated as if they just tracked mud in on the carpet 5 minutes ago?

Yeah, it's rhetorical. We all know why.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 07:15:47 PM »

Damn Right. I. AM. A. NATIVE. AMERICAN.  Just because you think that means a red skinned individual belonging to a tribe, just means you don't understand English very well.
And we Are a nation of LEGAL IMMIGRANTS - THERE IS ALREADY A LEGAL PATH TO CITIZENSHIP - these CRIMINALS chose not to follow it.  The left mangles the language more on  Immigration,  than any other liberal canard - to the point where the words are meaningless. They attempt to portray being Anti Criminal as being anti immigrant or racist.  But a person isn't illegal!  No, crossing the border without permission is!

Hell, tell you what liberals - we will let your criminals stay- if they have a job and if for every one we let in, one of you gets out.  I will take a hard working immigrant who appreciates the opportunities America has to offer over a freedom hating non-contributing entitled  libtard any day.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:19:32 PM by Weisshaupt »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2013, 07:35:20 PM »

Damn Right. I. AM. A. NATIVE. AMERICAN.  Just because you think that means a red skinned individual belonging to a tribe, just means you don't understand English very well.
And we Are a nation of LEGAL IMMIGRANTS - THERE IS ALREADY A LEGAL PATH TO CITIZENSHIP - these CRIMINALS chose not to follow it.  The left mangles the language more on  Immigration,  than any other liberal canard - to the point where the words are meaningless. They attempt to portray being Anti Criminal as being anti immigrant or racist.  But a person isn't illegal!  No, crossing the border without permission is!

Hell, tell you what liberals - we will let your criminals stay- if they have a job and if for every one we let in, one of you gets out.  I will take a hard working immigrant who appreciates the opportunities America has to offer over a freedom hating non-contributing entitled  libtard any day.

Little quibble, Weisshaupt, with the wording there because we are NOT a nation of immigrants, as I wrote, not even legal ones.  Allowing that phrase, even with word legal in it, effectively disappears all us those that are native born, as though we have less-to-no claim on our own country over that of an immigrant.

Although, here's a sobering statistic as averred this evening by Mark Levin:  one out of eight people in America now is foreign born (counting both legal immigrants and illegal aliens), up greatly from even the nineties.  If we don't get a grip on this soon, that attempt to disappear us native born language-wise will become a reality.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2013, 09:15:35 PM »

I think we were a nation of immigrants melded into faithful Americans.
We are now a Balkanized nation called America.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2013, 09:26:47 PM »

I think we were a nation of immigrants melded into faithful Americans.
We are now a Balkanized nation called America.

Well then, where in your nation of immigrants do I fit, being not an immigrant but native born?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 09:59:15 PM »

I'll not be splittin' hairs with ye lassie.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2013, 10:17:32 PM »

I'll not be splittin' hairs with ye lassie.

Aye, then.  Either words mean something or they dunt.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2013, 06:55:30 AM »
I get your point Pan. I didn't immigrate from anywheres. I was born in Minnesota, and so were my mom and dad. My dad's mom was born in Okabena MN, my dad's dad was born in Indiana. My mom's mom was born in St. Paul, my mom's dad was born in St. Cloud.

And all of my great grandparents with the exception of one great grandmother were also born in America.

The point can be made that the nation was founded by immigrants, and thusly we are "a nation of immigrants". I get that point. But Pan's right, it cedes the language, as our side is so bloody-hell prone to do. America was established by immigrants. People have immigrated here since. But we are a nation of American citizens, or we are not a nation at all.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2013, 07:22:35 AM »
Everybody knows the white man was here first, the red man came later, then the white man rediscovered.  But who cares?  There is only one litmus test regardless if you are born here or not - if you are to be a citizen of this nation all I want to know is "Do you believe in the Founding Principles of this nation and if not born here do you desire to learn these principles and pledge to live your life by them and assimilate into America, not create a foreign enclave within the nation?"...if not a "yes" then begone.  And if you answer falsely and renege on your pledge, you are gone.  The same applies for many born here, just because they may be born here does not make them good citizen material!  Simple, eh?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2013, 07:38:58 AM »
Senate DemonRats advance the Permanent Democrat Majority Rule Bill (AKA "GOP Suicide Pact") out of the Judiciary Committee and it is set for (cough!) debate (cough!) after the Memorial Day break...

The GOPer's set to cave in on this atrocity should take the necessary time this weekend to place their heads between their legs and kiss their careers (and the nation) goodbye...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_IMMIGRATION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-05-21-19-56-11

charlesoakwood

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2013, 11:28:43 AM »

"I think we were a nation of immigrants melded into faithful Americans."

"America was established by immigrants. People have immigrated here since. But we are a nation of American citizens, or we are not a nation at all."

They appear synonymous to me.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »
The Left will accelerate the Balkanization of America by opening the gates to more and more non-assimilating foreign enclave-creating future Free Shyt Army recruits.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2013, 12:25:11 PM »

These fools, our politicians, have corrupted the rules of election
to such an extent that we cannot vote them out and the good
one's who accidentally make it are quickly corrupted.
See: Marco Rubio and Rand Paul

It's become a process of inbreeding and like any species that is
repetitively bread to itself...