Author Topic: Moats  (Read 1929 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Moats
« on: October 22, 2014, 03:04:05 PM »
"Wealthy Suburb Proposes Split From City, Prompting Calls Of Racism And Inequality'

The dissembling and cant from both sides is hilarious in its transparency.

... If primary parties were truth-serumed, here is the honest exchange:

Whites: “We’re sick to our f**king gills of being criminally victimized by you and having to beggar ourselves paying for private schools and ‘good neighborhoods’ to protect our children from the predations of your multitudinous and unattended offspring whose ‘education,’ by the way, we also pay for.”

Blacks: “The feeling is wholly mutual whiteys. We hate you. And will continue to display that disdain in the most physical manner possible when and where we feel inclined to do so. And though we’d prefer you depart the planet wholesale, we do require your tax dollars to keep us living in the manner to which we have grown accustomed. So you’re going to stay right here. And keep your goddamned racist mouths shut.”

One might feel obliged to then add the coda: Diversity is our strength!

RTWT.

via http://happyacres.tumblr.com/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: Moats
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 04:22:55 PM »
Its not the only place trying to escape either. 

In Indiana we still have townships.  They should have been eliminated decades ago since they aren't needed anymore (leftover from the horse and buggy era).   But as you know,  government never goes away on its own.   So here in Northwest Indiana they have become warrens of corruption,  incompetence and cronyism.    Mostly they are supposed to "provide" poor relief.   They manage to not do that and are enormously expensive to operate.  If they were private charities no one would give them a cent because the overhead costs are so high and do nothing worthwhile. 

The township that contains the city of Gary also contains the town of Griffith.    Now Griffith is hardly a wealthy place.   It has managed to hold on as a mostly hardworking blue collar community in spite of a lot of things working against it.   Frankly it wouldn't take much to push it over the edge making it yet another community time passes by. 

But it pays in over $3 million dollars yearly to the township that is mostly controlled by Gary politicians.   Out of that 3 million dollars, Griffith gets back $30,000 in "services".    So you have to be a dumb *** to think that should continue.   So unwealthy wage earners have been  subsidizing non working poor for decades now.   So Griffith town officials have spent the last decade trying to get out of the township. 

Since the rich card doesn't work in this case (if anything Griffith is becoming poorer by the day),  only the race card can be used (Gary mostly black, Griffith mostly white).   

Now they have a chance to escape in the next couple of years,  if the township doesn't "reform".   But it will be a judge,  rather then taxpayers making that decision.  So you know how that will go.  And they would likely have to form a new township or join another one.   

Offline robins111

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 05:10:06 PM »
What do you wanna bet that the ones who want to split are about 95% lefties..

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 05:16:57 PM »
Alan's from LA; he can probably answer to that.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:20:56 PM »
Alan's from LA; he can probably answer to that.

I probably could, but I'm not familiar with St. George. In fact, until today, I'd never heard of it. I went to 2 weddings this week-end in the Baton Rouge area (Central and Denham Springs), but I guess neither were close to St. George.

I will say the downtown Baton Rouge and areas north (Baker, Zachary) that I am familiar with are going to hell in a handbasket. Solid Dhimm control and it shows.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:24:37 AM by AlanS »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 07:05:08 AM »
Yeah.  Call people racists...how's that workin' out for ya?

Idiots.

But there is a certain poetic justice to the claims of the race-baiters...if anybody should have to carry blacks financially and culturally it is the liberal whites, they are the ones after all that enable this crap to go on, so if in fact they are liberal whites, they can choke on it!

Everybody else (the truly sane) can split.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 08:25:16 AM »

Survival of the productive.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »

Survival of the productive.

The Galt Effect.   ::thumbsup::

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 09:00:20 AM »
I seem to remember the lier-in-chief promising to unite the country during his first falsified term. The only thing that shows up now , it seems the country is split more than ever and he has set the race relations back about 40-50 years -- nice going obummer -ya can't blame it on Bush, cause you own it.....
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline robins111

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 09:09:53 AM »
Frankly, in many cases I don't have much sympathy for people who diversify themselves into a racial jackpot.  While I'm assuming that a lot of people didn't vote/choose this situation, they generally will weasel away from nipping this invasion due to PC BS..

In this respect, Canada has created its own monsters and we a paying the price, so the mental illness that created this, is not unique to the US.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 04:11:38 PM »
Then you have liberal types sitting around wondering why once solid (even once wealthy) areas go to crap.   And why they won't come back,  no matter how much money you throw at them.

But they never ask the people that end up moving.   I have talked with people that have.   Come to think of it,  I am one of those people just the next generation of it.

Its interesting to say the least.   And those liberals would not like what they would say about it.   As far as liberals are concerned, its not part of the discourse.   The movers are and will always be racists.   Racists for leaving people behind. 

Example:

At the beginning of the 20th century,  a good portion of my extended family lived on the south side of Chicago in the Roseland neighborhood.   If you are know today's Chicago,  Roseland is an area you don't go into.  Its a poverty filled hell hole ghetto.    But a century ago,  it was a solid middle class area filled with business owners,  industry, well built and maintained homes  and a big shopping street.  Many in my family went from having nothing to becoming wealthy in that neighborhood. 

But to its north was the ghetto.   It was kept at bay for decades,  but after world war II cracks began to appear.  Yes, more areas in the suburbs began to be developed so there were more options.   By the 1960's the tide had turned in Roseland.   Business was declining as the interest in a good economy was no longer a priority at Chicago city hall.   Roseland turned from a solid middle class area into the basket-case it still is a half century later.  By the mid 1970's it was seen as a "bad" neighborhood by most.   There is no shopping street,  no industry,  and no business community at all.  Now its filled with poor people that don't work.   Even if you want to work,  you aren't going to do it here,  you have to go somewhere else to work.

Liberals call it white flight.   

But the reality is quite something else.   Neither the people leaving or moving in were the winners in it all.   The ones that left managed to move on (so to speak) those now in Roseland are rotting away and frankly nothing is changing there.  If anything,  its gotten even worse in the last two decades,  as the housing stock is largely over a century old,  getting older and few are maintained much. 

To those that moved,  they were forced out by politics much larger then themselves.  Politics that endangered their businesses,  livelihoods,  organizations etc.   Richard J.  Daley and his ilk never much cared for communities like Roseland as they weren't solidly Democrat (yes, Chicago once had neighborhoods that were more Republican then Democrat believe it or not).   So they were to be pushed out even if it meant impoverishing the whole neighborhood.   Because the ghetto could be counted on to vote Democrat by that point.

Most of the people who left say they really didn't want to leave,  and had they had the power, stopped the decline of the area,   and would have stayed.  That you NEVER hear in the discourse. 

People fought as long as they could,  and seeing they were losing,  left with heavy hearts.

Thankfully most did well in their new homes and maybe even better had they not been forced out of Roseland.   The elite got what they wanted,  a solid Democrat hood. 

The cycle continues.   I lived in a south suburb that was a solid middle class area.   Now, its poverty city.  Now also an all Democrat controlled area. 

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 08:18:57 PM »
Interesting perspective Rich.

One thing my old man was good about was appraising the potential appreciation of real estate. I've seen plenty of examples of ghetto-creep and, while reading your post I got to thinking about the homes (that I know about) that he bought over the years. Three of them were modest starter homes in blue collar towns and the rest were nice to very nice in more affluent areas that are still affluent.

I've personally been to the seven that I know of and all are still in great condition, and in neighborhoods that are weathered but proud.

As for me - I lost one house in a nasty divorce that precluded me from owning for almost 10 years. I bought it for 80k and she sold it (and pocketed) six times that. My present place is just the right size for me but only 7-8 blocks from Ghettoland. The thing I like about it is that I live in a little cul-de-sac that hides in plain sight. I've been here since '08 and have yet to see any "wanderers" roaming the 'hood.

Still, I contemplate packing up and pulling up stakes. For me it's more Lib-flight than white-flight - I'm looking to distance myself from the loony left!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 11:19:56 AM »
People fought as long as they could,  and seeing they were losing,  left with heavy hearts.

That's kind of where I'm at with the whole state of Minnesota. Our ghettos are pretty confined, but the majority of our citizens don't seem inclined to see how their old paradigm of feel-good liberalism has morphed into the malevolent Leftist cancer that it has become everywhere else. People here just keep voting for the DFL (our state Democrat party) regardless of what it does, and there is no indication that it will ever stop until we are ruined.

The failure of party politics everywhere is of little consolation when witnessing the systematic destruction of ones beloved home state. Moving elsewhere would be bittersweet at best, and it won't solve the overall problem of destructive Leftism. It exists everywhere. But I still find myself at rope's end in MN. I'm tired of fighting and hoping it'll change.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 12:00:16 PM »
I just wish I could shape-shift and fly the  ::cussing:: out of here!

Offline Magnum

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 07:28:05 PM »

That's kind of where I'm at with the whole state of Minnesota. Our ghettos are pretty confined, but the majority of our citizens don't seem inclined to see how their old paradigm of feel-good liberalism has morphed into the malevolent Leftist cancer that it has become everywhere else. People here just keep voting for the DFL (our state Democrat party) regardless of what it does, and there is no indication that it will ever stop until we are ruined.

The failure of party politics everywhere is of little consolation when witnessing the systematic destruction of ones beloved home state. Moving elsewhere would be bittersweet at best, and it won't solve the overall problem of destructive Leftism. It exists everywhere. But I still find myself at rope's end in MN. I'm tired of fighting and hoping it'll change.

I feel the same way guys. I grew up in what was arguably one of the toughest areas of St. Paul...... Rice Street.  But it was a wonderful place to grow up. It is now a hell hole thanks to section 8 and white flight. The high school I went to is now called Paul & Sheila Wellstone Elementary School ::cussing:: Its is sad to see what it has become thanks to the lefties.

I plan to stay here in St Paul a while more but God willing not too much longer. I don't know where I would move...... out state? Maybe If I can talk the boss into moving to South Dakota.I don't why I like it so much, I just do ::whatgives::.... But the South also is appealing with the quality of the people........ their strong Christan Values and they are as nice and warm as the sunshine (and no cold winters like here)........ But I sure would miss our woods and beautiful lakes...... and I hate to give up to the friggin lefties. So for now I will stay, pray and fight................

Still, I contemplate packing up and pulling up stakes. For me it's more Lib-flight than white-flight - I'm looking to distance myself from the loony left!

Well said AS: Sometimes I don't what is worse getto dwellers or Libs ( which helped create the dwellers).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:54:55 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 09:49:37 PM »
I just wish I could shape-shift and fly the  ::cussing:: out of here!

I like how the eagle's beak has a red appearance....as though it just finished goring an enemy.

I'm still an advocate of the eastern TN / western NC option.  Apparently some others are too, and have coined a term for it: the Appalachian Redoubt
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 07:19:27 AM »

I like how the eagle's beak has a red appearance....as though it just finished goring an enemy.

I'm still an advocate of the eastern TN / western NC option.  Apparently some others are too, and have coined a term for it: the Appalachian Redoubt

Yeah, I kinda like the fact that the eagle looked fierce and resolute...didn't notice the red on the beak specifically at first, but now that you mention it I think it helps to expand its ferociousness.

::thumbsup::

I like that name...Appalachian Redoubt...simple, descriptive...subtle "Don't &%$# with me!" warning.

Now, if I can only slink down there without being shot!  I'm a good Yank, honest!