Author Topic: William Christopher, 84,  (Read 1220 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
William Christopher, 84,
« on: January 02, 2017, 04:12:50 PM »
The last celebrity to pass away in 2016,  turned out to be mild mannered, William Christopher, 84,  MASH's Father Mulcahy.   He had nonlung small cell carcinoma.   

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-william-christopher-dead-20161231-story.html

I still like MASH,  though Alan Alda made the last seasons far less watchable.   

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: William Christopher, 84,
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 04:58:45 PM »
I just started rewatching Hogan's Heroes and saw him in that.

84 is still a good run.  RIP.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 05:35:42 PM »
I think MASH was the only thing I'd seen him in. But he acted and looked the part to a T.

RIP, Padre.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 07:14:30 AM »
Can't stand Alda...schmuck had smug coming out of all pores...made me want to feel knuckles meeting flesh...

That and the fact that back in the day one lazy-assed POD at our offices in hanger #2 at Mirimar would sit on his lazy ass all damn day it seemed like...watching nothing but MASH episodes on an old Betamax...

Those two killed it for me...

But William had that Irish Catholic deal down cold.  And since I never heard him popping off like the rest of the schmucks in that town, he must have been a decent chap.  And trying to learn Greek and read Homer in the native tongue?  Jeesh, that's ambitious.  And he's a year younger than my father...

RIP William.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.