Author Topic: Republicans Introduce Bill to Reform Silencer Laws to Both Houses of Congress  (Read 1108 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The bills would remove the special $200 tax and months-long registration process currently applied to silencers.

... The requirement that anyone buying a silencer from a licensed gun dealer pass a background check will remain.

...“This legislation will enable gun owners to have better access to hearing protection products and improve safety for the shooting sports by removing extensive wait times for burdensome paperwork processing that does not advance public safety,” said Lawrence Keane, senior vice president at the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

Stellar.  And it needs to be made "shall issue", not "may".

H/T Conservative Tarheel/Grouchy's
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
I sure could have used them when I was expending ammo in our uncle's training camps.  ::rockets::  I would not miss the one note serenade I've heard for the last nearly 50 years.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
When the least expensive suppressor can run about $400 and then climb upwards from there the tax is gratuitous and punitive.

And yes, like with CCW...screw that "may" noise...time to put some bite on the "shall NOT be infringed" right!!!

PS-Get rid of the ATF! 

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:34:48 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.