Author Topic: GOP dropping funds for border wall from budget  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
GOP dropping funds for border wall from budget
« on: April 10, 2017, 10:43:22 PM »
The betrayal continues.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/04/10/gop-leaders-dropping-border-wall-funds-says-report/

Federal funding for one of President Donald Trump’s premier policy proposals may be excluded from the House GOP’s budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
House Democrats, along with a few House Republicans, are working around-the-clock to make sure funding for the estimated $12 billion border wall is not factored into the GOP budget, according to a report by The Hill.

“With Democrats united against new wall funding, it’s unlikely the Republicans have the votes to get it through and prevent a government shutdown,” The Hill report stated.

House Speaker Paul Ryan, in a statement to The Hill, seemed to concede that border wall funding would not be included in the GOP budget, saying the funds would come at a later date.

These assholes control the House and the Presidency.  The funding is dropped because they want it dropped.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: GOP dropping funds for border wall from budget
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 06:27:30 AM »
Fine, then they can't complain...when I drop them...and kick them to the curb...

::asskicking::.

And once sprawled out on the curb, I will not promise to refrain from urinating and spiting on them...

(Good thing I didn't change my signature quote...thanks to these idiots its relevance has never been stronger)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 08:57:44 AM »
When he was elected, the big question was "how much of this can he actually do in the first 100 days?" but I don't think any of us expected outright reversal on all of it.  I expected maybe the usual politician's foot dragging.

I am utterly pessimistic about all of it at this point.  I will go ahead and go on record and predict that the Gorsuch nomination is going to end up being another John Roberts too.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 11:22:50 AM »
Yeah...probably...

We done got schlonged...

::unknowncomic::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 06:10:08 PM »
Yeah...probably...

We done got schlonged...

::unknowncomic::

Sadly, pols have been doing it for decades. I wouldn't mind it near as much if they kissed me first.

OK, yes I would mind it anyway.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 07:37:04 PM »
It's quite a slap in the face considering all the people across the country who were willing to risk being assaulted by leftist goons at Trump's rallies.  They went anyway.  They waited in lines for entire days. And this is the thanks they get.

A line has been crossed with this betrayal, IMO.  And not just for Trump, but for the entire American political system. This was, to many people, their last go at a good faith political effort. The DC establishment has erred badly with this.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 07:24:45 AM »
Just like the betrayal of the Tea Party movement...

It's OK though, if this is what it took to lay bare the futility of allowing this charade to continue any longer, it has served its purpose.

We are just another step closer to a more definitive solution...

I am just going to live my life as I always have, do the things I have been doing...and sip some grog...only now I have more time to do just that since I don't have to GAFF about kabuki-world any more.