Author Topic: More and more PoPo turning to SkyNet systems  (Read 894 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
More and more PoPo turning to SkyNet systems
« on: April 24, 2015, 06:52:46 AM »
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article19256145.html

More along the lines of "we know you are guilty of something, the program says so, now we just have to dog your ass and amass the evidence".

Goebbels and Hess would have loved this sh*t!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: More and more PoPo turning to SkyNet systems
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 01:57:05 PM »
In Miami, MacDonald said that the software the department is using is a more elaborate version of PredPol, which uses only crime data. Miami police also are punching in everything from paydays to school calendars, weather reports and social media. The department also is using the federal grant to establish an offender database.

It didn't really bother me that much until I came to that one little bit. They were basically using police records already on file, but the social media part opens up a whole new can of worms. Or should I say doors for them to bust down?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: More and more PoPo turning to SkyNet systems
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 02:07:51 PM »
In Miami, MacDonald said that the software the department is using is a more elaborate version of PredPol, which uses only crime data. Miami police also are punching in everything from paydays to school calendars, weather reports and social media. The department also is using the federal grant to establish an offender database.

It didn't really bother me that much until I came to that one little bit. They were basically using police records already on file, but the social media part opens up a whole new can of worms. Or should I say doors for them to bust down?

Yup, and once again it is the Fedcoats tossing greenbacks around like drunken carpetbaggers as a means to get locals to get used to using these tactics, which of course will never be used against anyone they know or abused in any way...

IDIOTS!

::pullhair::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.