Author Topic: Got AIDS? You're a Heeeerrrrro! Says Christiane Amanpour  (Read 1571 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Got AIDS? You're a Heeeerrrrro! Says Christiane Amanpour
« on: March 29, 2012, 09:48:35 AM »
The look on this pompous bitch's face and the haughty tone in her voice causes a visceral physical reaction in me. Something like revulsion, and the desire to lash out.

Apparently in order to be a "hero" on the "front lines" of the "war on AIDS", you just have to be stricken with the disease. You don't actually have to do anything.

So are diabetics "heroes" Christiane? How about arthritics? Stroke victims? Heart attack patients? Alzheimer's?

No? So it's the fact that these people have contracted a disease that was typically entirely avoidable by refraining from drug addiction an anal sex that makes them heroes? Or is it just the anal sex part? Is that the part that makes them heroes Christiane? Homosexuality?

Everyday Heroes in Battle Against Aids

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Got AIDS? You're a Heeeerrrrro! Says Christiane Amanpour
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 10:03:56 AM »
IDP, I have the same reaction when I hear or see that woman.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »
My immediate sympathy for  AIDS victims was gone after I found out about the Bare Back Club.

Yes, they feel they will be admired as heroes, and consequently seek out ways to contract the disease. Those who give it to them are called "gift givers"

But what of the positive man who infects the willing. What drives them to knowingly give an illness to an otherwise healthy man? One "gift giver", as positive men are often called, reported,
[blockquote]"It was the most incredible feeling of power. I was going to take something from him, and that power gave me a rush I'd never known."[/blockquote]
Among this population of barebackers there is a distinct connection between masculinity, sexual prowess, and intentional unprotected anal sex. Deliberately seeking out HIV is a practice few of us would understand. Is such a practice a cry for help, a sign of depression or just a symptom of social stigmas and prejudices? Whatever drives this practice, one thing is for certain; it helps drive the epidemic. But before we can address the issue we have to understand it. As one gay man stated soon after he found out he had become HIV positive, "It's impossible to know how great it feels unless you have been where I have."

Feel sick now? I do.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 11:15:19 AM »
Those who intentionally infect other people are psychotic sexual deviants!

::rockets::

Those who contract a disease through immoral means are NOT heroes!  They're irresponsible idiots who have less control over themselves than a wild animal!

::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 12:20:46 PM »
It's a small, very exclusive club.  Deliberately contracting it is "taking a hit for the team".  Aside from the "exclusivity", they'd infect us all if they could; "now you know how it feels".

I don't see Amanpour rushing out to join the "heroes".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 12:59:45 PM »
Hey, everyones gotta have thier heros...even liberal sickos.

Here's hoping they butt jockey themselves into extinction.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »

But what of the positive man who infects the willing. What drives them to knowingly give an illness to an otherwise healthy man? One "gift giver", as positive men are often called, reported,
"It was the most incredible feeling of power. I was going to take something from him, and that power gave me a rush I'd never known

Sounds like a psycho who gets a rush from killing his victims.

Or murderous thugs who get a sick pleasure from enticing others to kill and thus becoming one of them.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 04:17:07 PM »
It's a small, very exclusive club.  Deliberately contracting it is "taking a hit for the team".  Aside from the "exclusivity", they'd infect us all if they could; "now you know how it feels".

I don't see Amanpour rushing out to join the "heroes".

And they've done exactly that before, too. I can just about guarantee you every large municipal police dept., fire dept., and ambulance service has a list of "known spitters".  My dad spent 20 years as a fireman (contrary to popular perception, the bulk of their calls were of a medical nature) and he said they all knew where certain infamous HIV+ "citizens" were domiciled because they had a habit of aggressively spitting on emergency personnel in an effort to spread their disease.

I don't think anyone has ever contracted it in that manner, but still. The intent is certainly there. There's a reason emergency personnel have to get frequent anti-Hepatitis shots and regular testing for other "workplace hazards".

There's some real, genuine human garbage out there. Your local cop, fireman, or EMT almost certainly has multiple stories.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly