Author Topic: Perdue defeats Kingston in GA Senate primary run-off  (Read 577 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Perdue defeats Kingston in GA Senate primary run-off
« on: July 22, 2014, 10:54:07 PM »
To be honest I haven't really followed this one, but it sounds like the Establishment lost!   ::danceban::

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/22/david-perdue-defeats-jack-kingston-georgia-republi/

Even if you didn't know anything about the race, this says all you need to know:

Mr. Perdue, former CEO of Dollar General and Reebok, was declared the winner roughly four hours after polls closed, overcoming surveys that showed Mr. Kingston — an 11-term congressman who was endorsed by the the U.S. Chamber of Commerce — was the front-runner in the race.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
Re: Perdue defeats Kingston in GA Senate primary run-off
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 12:24:40 AM »
Kingston also had Tea Party backing.  Perdue did not.  There were good and bad things about both men.  For example, neither one is Michelle Nunn.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 05:49:11 AM »
Eric at Red State said that Kingston lost because of the Chamber of Commerce's endorsement.
The Chamber endorsement hurt because of their pro illegals stance

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 06:52:55 AM »
Eric at Red State said that Kingston lost because of the Chamber of Commerce's endorsement.
The Chamber endorsement hurt because of their pro illegals stance

Yeah...that's a damn shame.

/

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 09:58:37 AM »
"an 11-term congressman who was endorsed by the the U.S. Chamber of Commerce — was the front-runner in the race."

That is the key here.  I suspect this election (if there were to be one anyway)  would see most  voting out the incumbent- no matter who it is.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 03:26:26 PM »
Yep. That one sentence gave two important facts: he was an 11 termer, and endorsed by the Chamber of Crony Commerce. So maybe Perdue is not any better ideologically, I dunno. But 22 years is long e-damn-nough to be in public office, period. Too long.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 07:11:13 PM »
This year, I became a member of the board of directors of our local chamber of commerce. I didn't want to, but with all the crap going on in our city and county, I felt I needed to keep my enemies close to me. If I may use a line from "The Matrix", as far as any gov't, "It's the smell".
 It has allowed me to meet "people".......And I don't know how long they will keep me because I appear to be the only person who will speak the truth about anything.

I say this because we had a speaker from the NFIB....you know, the people who are supposed to support small business and the question and answer period was nauseating....until I made my statement of my disappointment the NFIB decided to support LAMAR! Alexander, in lite of his stance on Cash for Clunkers, Immigration, TARP, etc.... It was really hard for the speaker to defend.....I basically had to defend my stance against half the Board, which is ok with me.

The Chambers, NFIB, other groups don't realize how they are poison, when they walk the establishment line. Screw em. Somebody is gonna tell it like it is. Afterwards, I had my "supporters" come up to me, that silent group who were too spineless to join in. Screw them too.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 07:36:59 PM »
"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country".

I'm old enough to have taken "typing" (NOT "keyboarding") in HS and that was one of the typical test lines.  True words.

One is either a good man or a spineless, mealy-mouth coward.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"