Author Topic: Professors attempt to ban use of words "male" and "female"  (Read 4850 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Professors attempt to ban use of words "male" and "female"
« on: September 02, 2015, 10:00:27 AM »
Washington State University is the scene for the latest examples, but this mindset is common to academia everywhere.  The university at least countermanded these particular "professors" (a word that has become laughable in the age of "xxxxx-Studies" departments).

Some examples:

One professor, John Streamas, has written in his “Introduction to Multicultural Literature” syllabus that he expects white students who want “to do well in this class” to “reflect” their “grasp of history and social relations” by “deferring to the experiences of people of color.”

The taxpayer-funded critical studies professor also writes in his syllabus that Glenn Beck is a member of a group of “insensitive whites.”

Streamas, who obtained his Ph.D. at Bowling Green State University, is most notable because he told a student who supports limits on illegal immigration: “You are just a white sh*tbag.”

A second Washington State faculty member, Selena Lester Breikss, has warned students in her “Women & Popular Culture” course this semester that they risk “failure for the semester” if they use the terms “male” or “female.”

Breikss, a taxpayer-funded graduate assistant, apparently, who does not have a faculty page, declares in her syllabus that the words “females” and “males” constitute “gross generalizations” and “derogatory/oppressive language.”

Not to be outdone, Washington State American studies professor Rebecca Fowler has also warned that she will lower their grades if they utter the phrase “illegal alien” in her “Introduction to Comparative Ethnic Studies” course.

Students at the public school who dare to use the phrase “illegal alien” in Fowler’s course “will suffer a deduction of one point per incident,” Fowler promised.

The above are examples of a fundamentally unserious culture, a culture that has become so insulated from the real struggles of existence that it invents ridiculous bullsh*t like the above as causes for militancy.  When this whole thing does finally break loose, there is going to be an epic reckoning.  I'm already relishing just the thought of one of these useless ass professors expecting someone to provide them with food and shelter in a world that has become suddenly anchored back to reality.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/01/washington-state-u-smacks-down-professors-who-want-to-censor-politically-incorrect-language/
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Professors attempt to ban use of words "male" and "female"
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 10:20:13 AM »
It would be worth visiting people like this Selena fool and ask them if "male" and "female" are considered derogatory and oppressive, what's her take on "cock" and "pussy"?!

::pokeineye::

::hysterical::

But part of me thinks they'd probably prefer vulgarity over civil speech...since he/she/it/they/them see the civil Caucasians who made this nation great as a greater threat than the new trash washing up on our shores daily.

And yeah, these types will be human pinatas once the civil war gets kinetic!  Perhaps then before their lights go out they'll have a real appreciation of what terms mean?

Not holding my breath.

Let the games begin.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 10:45:54 AM »
Throughout history, most people have made their living through subsistence or by trading their physical/intellectual capabilities for someone else's physical/intellectual capabilities.  But in modern times, we have built up a society that has been so successful and produced such a surplus of life's essentials that it has been able to shoulder the burden of a class of grifters.  These grifters weasel their way into organizations that obtain money by coercion, and have become detached from the "I'll give you something useful I have in exchange for something useful you have" dynamic.

So I'm just sitting here imagining a scenario where they try to peddle their purple prose sophistry as the "something useful I have" part of the trade.  What else do these people have?  What have they ever created that is inherently useful to others?  And my but they have high opinions of what they do for a living, too!

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 11:06:44 AM »
And here all this time I thought I was being deliberately insulting when I would refer to my lefty opponent as "it" LOL

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 12:03:22 PM »
In my pursuit of continuing education, I'm seeking an classroom environment where the teachers stand in the front of the room for 45 to 70 minutes...saying nothing - & the students sit in their seats also saying nothing. Bell rings, class ends & homework becomes a sort of postmodern, non-specific doodling, to which no alphanumeric grade is ever assigned...
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 12:05:01 PM »
Sounds like you want a government job, Pablo!

::hysterical::

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 01:37:08 PM »
Why the Hell would anyone send a kid to college anymore?

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 02:05:49 PM »

I have two  - 8th and 6th Grade - both very smart and appropriate candidates for a higher degree -  and I am already telling them they had better think about a  trade, or get certifications on line - I am not paying for a 4 year degree while the institutions are like this, nor am I letting them get in to debt to do so. Of course that assumes things hold together long enough that I am not training them to hide in fox holes and shoot at fedcoats instead. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 02:49:17 PM »
I would recommend taking online classes, tons do it now, as shown here, and in many instances trade schools and apprenticeships might be a really good option, anything but direct exposure to idiots and mountains of debt.

::thumbsup::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 03:05:34 PM »
I would recommend taking online classes, tons do it now, as shown here, and in many instances trade schools and apprenticeships might be a really good option, anything but direct exposure to idiots and mountains of debt.

::thumbsup::

You still pay tuition on-line and you can bet they still demand zie,zim,zir     pronoun use.
No thanks.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 03:31:45 PM »
I would recommend a skilled trade, especially something mechanical like engine repair.  I know some guys who have minimal formal education, high school at most, but are mechanical geniuses.  If parts are unavailable for an old engine, they can usually fabricate one from something else.  Some people see guys like that as just tinkering with old junk, but I see them as exactly the sort of people you will want in your "tribe" when things go extracurricular.

I'd rather have one of these good old boys in greasy coveralls over some ponytailed professor in a corduroy sport coat any damn day.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:35:57 PM by Glock32 »

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 04:02:42 PM »
Good piece on this by Fernandez/Wretchard.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 04:05:51 PM »

There are still a handful of serious colleges out there.   They are just harder to find because few to none of them are public,  and most are quite small and not well known.  An example is Hillsdale College in Michigan.   Unfortunately I didn't hear about this school until I had finished college elsewhere, I would have been interested in it.  It does lean more libertarian then conservative,  but it takes academics seriously and is well rounded.   My former pastors kids went there and they seem very happy with it.  Its probably best known for refusing any and all taxpayer funds. 

Also some colleges run by church denominations or at least affiliated with one can be good or at least ok.   Those are harder to figure out,  as many have been overtaken as well.   There will often be some liberal professors and staff,  but they tend to be the classical type liberals.   An example is where I went,  Trinity Christian College in Illinois.  Its affiliated (but not run by) the Christian Reformed and Reformed denominations.   But people come from many denominations not just those two, but the student body is probably overall more conservative then the college itself.   Generally,  most of these types of schools will be on the smaller side,  so that is often not viewed well by some kids who like the idea of a big school.    Note, that I am not talking about Bible colleges,  as those tend to only train people wanting to enter the ministry and rarely offer anything else.   They are generally liberal arts,  with some professional departments (education, business, nursing, engineering etc). 

If your Catholic,  there are some good Catholic schools out there too.   Ava Maria University in Florida,  which is a fairly new school.  Thomas Aquinas College in California is another.   Both small schools,  and unfortunately many Catholics don't know they exist.

And you have to keep in mind too,  is that it may often be ONE department at a school that has gone off the rails.  A school may have a garbage humanities department but a top notch engineering or STEM program.  Not every department at every school has been infested.   And since most of those types of universities rarely have a CORE requirement anymore,  a student can skip the ruined classes completely. 

It's a tough job to find the right school for yourself or your children.  It shouldn't be taken lightly,  especially if your child is still impressionable or rebellious.

The biggest problem with avoiding college now a days is that it will deny employment in many fields.  Don't have the "paper",  we won't even read your resume.

It's also much harder "to back into a field" like in the past (I'm 41 by the way).   I know quite a few people in their 60's and up that got into something, just because they were in the place they were.   They got trained by someone or an employer that saw "potential", and did the learning completely outside the education system.   That doesn't happen much anymore, unfortunately, because now,  most employers think they can just hire someone that already has the skills they want.  Most never see the potential in a current employee that would be the right person,  if they just look past the lack of the "right" piece of paper.   Hoping you get "noticed" is a bad career move (I know I have tried!!).   It only worked in the past, when there was pretty much full employment back in the 1950's and 60's,  employers knew there wasn't anybody else.   Now they think there is,  even if there really isn't. 

Another point I would like to make too.   College is often wasted on the "college aged".   Frankly many people should not go until they are older.   College should be for ALL ages not just geared to the "college aged".   Many people in their 30's and 40's do quite well taking college classes,  in fact much better then the 18-24 aged group. 

On the subject of trade schools,  picking one of those is just as tough.   Unlike colleges (though that has gotten more muddy over the last couple of decades for non professional programs),  there is often no clear path to follow.   It can be tougher to figure out the eventual employment that follows.   Often the schools aren't very good,  or they train outdated skills or for jobs that no longer exist.   Often run by labor unions,  if your not connected,  you will never be admitted in the first place (as unions often are trying to decrease rather then increase the amount of people trained to do something).    Its harder to just the quality of them as they tend to come and go.  Colleges tend to last for decades,  but trades schools don't.   There is no "Harvard" of the plumbing world.   

Would I have gone to college had I known then,  what I know now?   Good question.  In some ways college for me was a waste of my time and money.  In other ways it's the best couple of years of my life.   

I will tell you one thing.  Higher education of ALL kinds (college, trade, on the job etc) need some major reforms.   Overall its failing for the majority and for our society.  More accountability, flexibility, affordability just to name a few, are all needed badly, and frankly,  they aren't happening in a major way. 

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 09:22:38 PM »
  But what if I FEEL LIKE A MALE?Don't my FEELINGS count for anything??  ::pullhair::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 09:50:07 PM »
Yeeaaahhhh ......... NO.   Unless you are male.

So, sorry, DNA is what counts.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 06:38:01 AM »
Hijacking words, changing meanings et al...all designed to purposely mislead, confuse and confound...

And people dare wonder how our nation was hijacked by progs, altered by progs and purposely sent down the sh*thole by progs?!

The number of fools needing to be stomped into a bloody pulp are too numerous to count!

::pullhair::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 08:08:17 AM »
Judge OKs gender surgery opposed by 48-year-old's parents

... He repeatedly referred to Christine Kitzler, born in 1967 as Christopher Klaus Kitzler, as "he" and "son" in his testimony. After a judge told him to use feminine or gender-neutral pronouns, he settled on "that person" before occasionally slipping back into masculine phrasing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 08:51:13 AM »
Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund

::facepalm::

The end cannot come too soon, eh?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero