Author Topic: The All Things Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Thread  (Read 66701 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The All Things Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 12, 2012, 08:01:46 PM »
Actually I am surprised that crap wasn't written in crayon.

::)

If that is enough to get an indictment without a Grand Jury, then we have entered the freaking Twilight Zone where every American is at risk of malicious prosecution by any jackass anywhere on any trumped up charge!  Due process is dead, we have entered a de facto state of Napoleonic (ie-despotic) jurisprudence where one is presummed guilty as all hell and where innocence will be discouraged from being established.

Corey is soon to replace Nifong as the nations biggest legal moron.

Oh well, we are much closer to civil war now, the reset button will be hit hard soon enough...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #301 on: April 12, 2012, 08:10:11 PM »
Actually I am surprised that crap wasn't written in crayon.

::)

If that is enough to get an indictment without a Grand Jury, then we have entered the freaking Twilight Zone where every American is at risk of malicious prosecution by any jackass anywhere on any trumped up charge!  Due process is dead, we have entered a de facto state of Napoleonic (ie-despotic) jurisprudence where one is presummed guilty as all hell and where innocence will be discouraged from being established.

Corey is soon to replace Nifong as the nations biggest legal moron.

Oh well, we are much closer to civil war now, the reset button will be hit hard soon enough...

This was a political deal hashed in a back room to get the nuts out of town.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #302 on: April 12, 2012, 08:47:07 PM »
Alan Dershowitz agrees with me, that this document is a joke.

Link is to the HotAir post and the video is at the bottom. Watch it. It's entertaining.

He says that she is either incompetent as a prosecutor for the way the document is written (he says it actually strengthens the defense's case for self defense) or she is incredibly unethical for over charging the defendant in order to force a plea to a lesser charge.

He says the judge should toss it out right away.

So, yeah, it may as well have been written in crayon.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:52:03 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #303 on: April 12, 2012, 08:53:19 PM »
Alan Dershowitz agrees with me, that this document is a joke.

Link is to the HotAir post and the video is at the bottom. Watch it. It's entertaining.

He says that she is either incompetent as a prosecutor for the way the document is written (he says it actually strengthens the defense's case for self defense) or she is incredibly unethical for over charging the defendant in order to force a plea to a lesser charge.

He says the judge should toss it out right away.

So, yeah, it may as well have been written in crayon.

Like I said it's all about get the nuts out of town.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #304 on: April 12, 2012, 09:03:22 PM »
I have to say in all honesty that Derhowitz has been spot on in all of his analysis of this case since it began.

It says something when someone regarded by the Left as one of their best and brightest is critical of how this case is being handled is not kowtowing to political expediency and willing to trash due process to appease people not connected to the case at all.  I'm sure the racial appeasers on the Left are writing Dershowitz off as an overzealous legal intellectual who just doesn't understand the black condition.  One might read anti-semetic bigotry in their dismissal of him, eh?  The typical intellectual Jewish jurist just doesn't get it!

The hardcore multi-culti/pc/diversity crowd must have their heads spinning in disbelief!

;D

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2012, 09:23:01 PM »
Here is what Dershowitz said yesterday (and it looks like it was written before the Murder 2 charge was made):

(CNN) -- On the basis of the evidence currently in the public record, one likely outcome of the case against George Zimmerman is a mixed one: There may be sufficient evidence for a reasonable prosecutor to indict him for manslaughter, but there may also be doubt sufficient for a reasonable jury to acquit him.

Any such predictions should be accepted with an abundance of caution, however, because the evidence known to the special prosecutor, but not to the public, may paint a different picture. It may be stronger or weaker.

Media reports suggest that police found Zimmerman with grass stains on the back of his shirt, bloody bruises on the back of his head and other indicia that may support his contention that Trayvon Martin was banging his head against the ground when Zimmerman shot him.

There is a lot more, of course, at the link.

Though this statute is anything but a model of clarity, it does suggest that whoever "provokes" a deadly encounter has a heavy burden of justification in claiming self-defense. But the statute doesn't define "provokes," and that ambiguous word may hold the key to the outcome of this tragic case.

If provocation is limited to a physical assault, and if Zimmerman's account that Martin blindsided him with a punch is believed, then Zimmerman did not provoke the encounter. But if provocation includes following the victim and harassing him, then Zimmerman may well qualify as a provocateur. Moreover, a jury may believe that Zimmerman started the physical confrontation by grabbing Martin. This would almost certainly constitute provocation.

But to complicate matters further, even a provocateur has the legal right to defend himself under Florida law if he can't escape and if he is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm, as Zimmerman claims he was.

I am going to go on record right now and say that if this abortion of a case ever gets into a courtroom then Zimmerman is going to walk. He will then walk into the office of a good defamation lawyer, sue the living daylights out of NBC, ABC, CNN and the NYTs and retire to someplace in the Carribean.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:30:36 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #306 on: April 12, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »
The race-baiting shakedown artist known as Jesse "Jackass" Jackson let the cat out of the bag - "….  We must not just settle for Zimmerman, we must repeal the Stand Your Ground law.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/we-must-repeal-the-stand-your-ground-law-jesse-jackson-tips-his-hand-after-zimmerman-arrest/

Like I said earlier, in the face of black criminality, people (especially non-blacks incapable of understanding the black experience) have a duty to take what is perpetrated upon them and shut up about it.

Fat chance racist pig, that dog won't hunt!  But keep talking, perhaps the few out there unclear about your intentions will pick up on it!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2012, 09:32:51 PM »
Sorry, Libertas...I accidentally hit the "modify" button and wiped out your post. My bad.

-trap
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:41:20 PM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #308 on: April 12, 2012, 09:33:31 PM »
The race-baiting shakedown artist known as Jesse "Jackass" Jackson let the cat out of the bag - "….  We must not just settle for Zimmerman, we must repeal the Stand Your Ground law.”

Yeah, good luck with that. My guess is that Floridians like their gun laws just the way they are. You need look no further than the juxtaposition of that idiot's words with the visual of NBPs marching in the streets, demanding whitey's blood and offering bounties.

Again, good luck with that, asswipe.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:40:55 PM by trapeze »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #309 on: April 12, 2012, 09:43:34 PM »
Cool, thanks for the fix Trap.

Yeah, this thing is not going away anytime soon no matter what.  I have a strong inkling there will be many more ridiculous statements by Leftists and apologists populating this thread!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2012, 09:46:21 PM »

Yeah, this thing is not going away anytime soon no matter what.  I have a strong inkling there will be many more ridiculous statements by Leftists and apologists populating this thread!

No, I didn't fix it. I wiped it out. It's gone. I'm sorry.

I think it was about Martin's family going after Zimmerman in a civil suit if they get the criminal case thrown out or if he is acquitted.

I was going to say that he was going to be broke when the criminal case was over and he might be able to prevent them from attaching themselves to any judgement he gets in a civil suit against the media for defamation.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #311 on: April 13, 2012, 07:08:21 AM »

No, I didn't fix it. I wiped it out. It's gone. I'm sorry.

I think it was about Martin's family going after Zimmerman in a civil suit if they get the criminal case thrown out or if he is acquitted.

I was going to say that he was going to be broke when the criminal case was over and he might be able to prevent them from attaching themselves to any judgement he gets in a civil suit against the media for defamation.

Oh yeah, I did scribble something about that.  Dang, can't remember all of what I wanted to say, but, no biggie, I'm sure it will all fetch itself around here sometime!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #312 on: April 13, 2012, 07:14:30 AM »
Oh I remember part of it now, I think I said something about a judge should toss the case out on Day One, but that even if the evidence (or lack thereof) led that direction the race-baiting industry and Democrat-Media Complex have so poisoned the atmosphere that the odds of getting a principled judge willing to take the heat and toss it out is probably pretty slim, so if I had to guess the criminal trial is going to go forward, but the going could be tough for Prosecutor Crayon.

But venue, discovery, jury selection...there are some pretty big events to cover before a trial can even start...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #313 on: April 13, 2012, 09:58:08 AM »
I think Dershowitz is one of those "true believer" liberals, as opposed to the more radicalized Leftists who see everything as an expedient tool, an intermediate to be used in the pursuit of Marxist communism.  I still strongly disagree with the Dershowitz liberals, but they at least are not thoroughly disingenuous like the radicals. And I have news for Dershowitz and his flavor of liberals -- the radicals on their end of the spectrum have lapped their asses. Look at how much more stridently left wing the Democrat Party is now, compared to a few decades ago.  Dershowitz has also gotten a taste of the inherently anti-Jewish bigotry of the Left.

As for this case, Dershowitz seems to agree with what I postulated earlier, that this prosecutor has overcharged with the aim of reaching a plea agreement. She apparently believes this will (a) sate the bloodlust of the mobs, (b) give her political cover, and (c) give her notoriety as the prosecutor who stepped into the fray of a heated and complicated issue and saw to it that justice was done.  Hopelessly naive.

And the idea that the judge should throw it out, what would happen if the judge did that?  See the dichotomy the Left has established here? 1. Prosecute, convict, and sentence Zimmerman or 2. Bear the "responsibility" for what the mobs might do.

That's the state of jurisprudence now.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:06:51 AM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #314 on: April 13, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »
I think Dershowitz is one of those "true believer" liberals, as opposed to the more radicalized Leftists ........

Isn't that like being kind of pregnant?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #315 on: April 13, 2012, 01:35:59 PM »
I think Dershowitz is one of those "true believer" liberals, as opposed to the more radicalized Leftists ........

Isn't that like being kind of pregnant?

Probably.  There has to be a certain amount of self-delusion in those types. What else could explain American Jews being so overwhelmingly to the left politically? Especially when it's the Left doing everything they can to enable the destruction of Israel.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #316 on: April 13, 2012, 01:53:48 PM »

Dershowitz has another quirk away from his NY brethren, he is a big supporter for Israel and
Jerusalem being the capital.  IIRC he supports blowing up Iran.  He also writes at the JP.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #317 on: April 15, 2012, 01:34:44 AM »
Okay, so it looks like this story (the Zimmerman kills Martin story) may eventually lead to the end of Skittles as a product. Why you ask?

Go here.

The sweet, colourful candy has become a symbol of Trayvon Martin, but now an artist has immortalised his shooter, George Zimmerman, in the candy Martin was carrying when he was killed.

Denver artist Andy Bell used more than 12,000 Skittles to create the likeness of Zimmerman’s now-infamous 2005 mug shot, using yellow, orange, red, green, and purple chews.

The 3-by-4-foot portrait was done by 31-year-old Andy Bell, an art student about to graduate from Metropolitan State College in Denver.

Mr Bell entitled the piece ‘Fear Itself.’ It now hangs in the RedLine Gallery in downtown Denver.

My state seems to go out of its way to do things that are embarrassing. Now you can add hanging this bullsh*t in a museum to that list:

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #318 on: April 15, 2012, 10:18:57 AM »
So much for the Skillits.....now who's gonna put a picture of treyvon in a jar of IT?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #319 on: April 15, 2012, 01:20:27 PM »
So much for the Skillits.....now who's gonna put a picture of treyvon in a jar of IT?

::thumbsup::