Author Topic: Sherrif Joe in trouble with the DOJ  (Read 2098 times)

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Sherrif Joe in trouble with the DOJ
« on: May 10, 2012, 03:25:24 PM »
Just read the following

http://news.yahoo.com/justice-department-had-sheriff-joe-171922842.html

Sorry, its from yahoo news.  First source I stumbled on.
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Sherrif Joe in trouble with the DOJ
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »
The DOJ has long been after Arpaio; this just formalizes it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 05:30:33 PM »
The DOJ has long been after Arpaio; this just formalizes it.

Again...
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 05:39:54 PM »
Levin talking about it now - calls them "a cabal".  I missed which article he refers to, though.

eta:  Here's one - found at Drudge ...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/10/justice-department-plans-sue-ariz-sheriff-arpaio/?page=all#pagebreak

Levin's was naming names and resumes.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 05:44:21 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 07:22:35 AM »
The libertarian streak in me never has liked Arpaio that much, but Gaia!  Going up against the trash of Eric Holder's justice department will only feed into his popularity.  And boy, if you make me choose between the corrupt trash of Chicago, and Arpaio's ego, I'll choose ego every time.

Bring it on, b**ch.   ::rockets::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »
Yeah, I can't wait to see what Holder's band of race-baiting asshats produce in discovery to support any of Erica's wet-dream BS!  Arpaio could turn this into putting the DoJ on trial, bring up the NBP case for example as an instance where this racially biased DoJ swept one case with solid evidence under the rug and in his case has nothing but hatred of Arpaio to go on.  Besides, no way Erica and Co get anywhere on this before his boss gets his ass kicked to the curb in November.  Just heard on Fox there are 150 Dem's joining in calls to reign in this out-of-control outfit with respect to F&F, Erica & Co are on the run with nowehere to hide!

::popcorn::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »
Yeah, I can't wait to see what Holder's band of race-baiting asshats produce in discovery to support any of Erica's wet-dream BS!  Arpaio could turn this into putting the DoJ on trial, bring up the NBP case for example as an instance where this racially biased DoJ swept one case with solid evidence under the rug and in his case has nothing but hatred of Arpaio to go on. Besides, no way Erica and Co get anywhere on this before his boss gets his ass kicked to the curb in November. Just heard on Fox there are 150 Dem's joining in calls to reign in this out-of-control outfit with respect to F&F, Erica & Co are on the run with nowehere to hide!

::popcorn::

It's not intended to go anywhere. It's red meat for the far left...meant to keep them constantly angry and barely appeased so they stay on the reservation.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 12:17:42 PM »
The libertarian streak in me never has liked Arpaio that much, but Gaia!  Going up against the trash of Eric Holder's justice department will only feed into his popularity.  And boy, if you make me choose between the corrupt trash of Chicago, and Arpaio's ego, I'll choose ego every time.

Bring it on, b**ch.   ::rockets::

Somewhere, Rocketman is cheering.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 12:21:54 PM »
Get 'im Sherrif Joe!

Providing proof that Sheriff Joe Arpaio intends to continue his investigation of President Obama’s eligiblity, his Cold Case Posse has pressed the director of the Selective Service System not to destroy any microfilm records that may yet exist of Obama’s 1980 draft registration form.

In an emergency letter Wednesday to Selective Service System Director Lawrence Romo, Mike Zullo, the lead investigator in the Cold Case Posse, asked for reassurance that the microfilm records still exist.

Tenacity, thy name is Arpaio!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 03:19:46 PM »
LINK

I just read the complaint filed by the Holder Justice Department against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. (See also PJ Tatler on the radical lawyers who wrote the complaint.)  The complaint includes a collection of sufficiently insensitive anecdotes by MCSO employees.  One of the acts giving rise to the federal lawsuit is this outrage:

MCSO supervisors involved in immigration enforcement have expressed anti-Latino bias, in one instance widely distributing an email that included a photograph of a Chihuahua dog dressed in swimming gear with the caption “A Rare Photo of a Mexican Navy Seal.”

This allegation gives you the opportunity to experience how a Justice Department attorney’s worldview colors evidence in a case.  (For similar biases, of course see PJ Media’s DOJ Defends Employee Comment that Mississippi Is ‘Disgusting and Shameful’).
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »
... see PJ Media’s DOJ Defends Employee Comment that Mississippi Is ‘Disgusting and Shameful’).

That comment seems to have grown legs.  NC Senator Kay Hagan was heard today saying "We are notlook like Mississippi" as she reacted to the "shameful" marriage amendment.

Edited to correct quote.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:38:30 PM by Pandora »