Author Topic: Suppressors  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Suppressors
« on: July 02, 2015, 06:48:38 AM »
Now that Minnesota passed a law allowing them...now I reckon I ought to look into getting one or two...before the next idiot comes along and repeals it...

Anybody know anything about 'em?  Good resources to use?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Suppressors
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 12:03:36 PM »
I've thought about it as well.  A lot of people assume it's as difficult as a Class 3 full auto, but it's not.  I just resent the whole "ask your local Sheriff for permission" part of it.  It rankles me.  That's why I still don't have a CCW permit.  The word "permit" pushes my buttons.

But anyhow, if you're interested this guy has pretty good explanation of the process: http://www.ncsilencer.com/how-to-buy-a-silencer.html

The irony is that suppressors are available off the shelf in Europe, and in fact it's considered rude not to use one there.  Lots of hunters in Scandinavia have them on their rifles.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 01:21:23 PM »
Our county's sheriff refuses to sign off on 'em.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 01:27:22 PM »
I will have to look into this some more...

But if my Sheriff is signing off on CCW I would think if he did that he'll do this, but I guess I don't know, I will have to check on this.  As well as any fee...if that is also $200 here as well all I got to say is WHAT A FRICKEN JOKE!  How is that not a stealth FU! to ownership despite its legality?!  Somebody should sue over that being so effing onerous!!!

Dear God, has every American turned into a pants-wetting candy-ass or what?!

I guess they want people to go to the black market if this is the case...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 04:52:31 PM »
Now that Minnesota passed a law allowing them...now I reckon I ought to look into getting one or two...before the next idiot comes along and repeals it...

Anybody know anything about 'em?  Good resources to use?
Get one? For what, your firearms were lost in the boating accident. ::hysterical::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.