Author Topic: TransferWise offshore laundering outfit survey shows 35% in US would go ExPat  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102799503

I love that first chart...what do we always hear from Prog's with big mouths like Alec "Kid Abuser" Baldwin et al?

"If Bush wins I am leaving the country!"

Look at that chart...people like Alec are all liars, they're still here...under Dear Leader Hussein they really started bailing.

And no surprise the largest demographic group inclined to bail is the Millennials!  And in direct contradiction to DemonRat legends...they young are not uniform DemoBots, they do want lower taxes and to keep more of their earnings!

But there isn't many safe options to go to.  I wouldn't touch Europe at all, the closest I would get is Iceland.  Africa is a dead zone.  Australia and New Zealand would be nice but they are goofy when it comes to private gun ownership, carry and use.  Parts of Asia could be nice but you would have to a) stay out of the Muzzie contaminated areas and b) accept Chinese hegemony at some point.  South America is interesting but prone to instability in politics and economies, same for central America and the corporate cronies and drug lords own Mexico.  Canada seems to be going in a better direction and is a potential option.  A nice quiet out of the way south Pacific isle could suit me fine...but so could a sea-worthy vessel that can go wherever it pleases.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
And no surprise the largest demographic group inclined to bail is the Millennials!

All hat and no cattle.  Very few millennials have the skill set needed to succeed in a foreign country.  No one wants a tard with a Poli Sci/Sociology/Worthless Studies Degree.

Australia has insanely priced real estate, in US dollars, anyway, the problem with most of first world Asia.  Which leaves places like the Philippines or Thailand as legitimate options for retirees.  Vietnam and Cambodia are even starting to cater to expats and are both cheap.

If I'm going to live in a banana republic, it might as well be a cheap place to live in.  America (with the Obamacare mandate) is not that place.  Every year, more Americans (and Australians/New Zealanders) find their way to places like Subic Bay/Angeles.

4 years and change....assuming I stay employed that long.  But who's counting...   

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
A nice quiet out of the way south Pacific isle could suit me fine...but so could a sea-worthy vessel that can go wherever it pleases.

I like the idea of a large vessel with a nuclear reactor.  It can make all the freshwater it needs from desalinated seawater, and with a large enough vessel you could setup hydroponic farming.  Or even without farming you could probably get what you need from the sea.  A floating, sovereign city-state with the ability to travel the world's oceans.

Alternatively, you could establish temporary land communities on remote little islands, and run power from the anchored ship.  I could see this arrangement making even places like Antarctica potentially livable.

Just brainstorming.  This hegemony of government has to be broken or circumvented somehow, at some point.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
A nice quiet out of the way south Pacific isle could suit me fine...but so could a sea-worthy vessel that can go wherever it pleases.

I like the idea of a large vessel with a nuclear reactor.  It can make all the freshwater it needs from desalinated seawater, and with a large enough vessel you could setup hydroponic farming.  Or even without farming you could probably get what you need from the sea.  A floating, sovereign city-state with the ability to travel the world's oceans.

Alternatively, you could establish temporary land communities on remote little islands, and run power from the anchored ship.  I could see this arrangement making even places like Antarctica potentially livable.

Just brainstorming.  This hegemony of government has to be broken or circumvented somehow, at some point.

Remember this thread?  The 1%er idea has too many flaws.  I would either want something in a surface vessel that is fast and maneuverable and can carry adequate fuel to reach different islands...or a submersible to avoid pretty much most hassles.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Rats always leave a sinking ship.  The Californian Libtard Locust moved East when they destroyed that State.  They will leave the United States when they destroy it for the same reasons.  It isn't that they are actually aware of the reasons why - they just know they can't make it where they are.

Yes we could try and ex-pat as well, to Vientam, Cambodia, Thailand  or a large floaty island if you are rich ( visions of the lassiter episode of firefly come to mind)  but large floaty islands are going to prohibitively expensive and difficult to defend. And you better like eating fish and kelp.

The cheaper 3rd world sh*t holes are only likely to become sh*ttier after the collapse- and some new power (Russia, China or the Obama funded Calip-hate) will start messing with you there. Yes you could smuggle your own weapons into you new abode, but the people around you will have no understanding of liberty, no thirst for freedom, and will be a racist white-hating closed group after the collapse sends millions of white pasty libtard-locusts to their shores.

Where is the White privilege now that the  "white-backed money" is worthless?

If you can pass for native and can deal with the language and cultural changes this is a viable alternative to staying and fighting here at ground zero. Otherwise,  good luck with that and enjoy being a despised 3rd class citizen of a 3rd world country..

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
It's why if I were to leave I would choose the ocean...the ocean being more free than any landmass will every be...until enough die-back has occurred on land to make former dead zones alive again...

Chances are, I'm not going anywhere...so the bastids will have to deal with me...or I with them! 

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
good luck with that and enjoy being a despised 3rd class citizen of a 3rd world country..

Sounds like Obama's America.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
good luck with that and enjoy being a despised 3rd class citizen of a 3rd world country..

Yeah, the future is now.

::unknowncomic::

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Yeah, the future is now.

My point exactly. Why go through all of the hassle of moving and culture shock when you can just stay put and have the same thing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Yeah, the future is now.

My point exactly. Why go through all of the hassle of moving and culture shock when you can just stay put and have the same thing.

Sucks being treated worse than a foreigner in your own country...kinda rankles, ya know?

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
I mean to strip those tads of any wealth they've immorally obtained and ship them out live or dead, makes little difference.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Saving $15,000 per year not having to take Obamacare, for one.  I haven't saved my entire life just to have to keep working at 55, because Obamacare costs a couple $20,000+ per year.

Then there is the growing feral element in America.  That is fairly unique in the world.